ADVERTISEMENT

Second Home Game Vs Team Canceled

Harmon - any chance of a replacement game or are we really going to have to wait until mid-October for a home game.

Without ticket revenue I simply don't see how we can financially pay anyone to come play here. Maybe an Arkansas school where it's a short bus ride? I can't imagine we're in a position to take a loss on a home game just to have a home game.

Without ticket revenue I simply don't see how we can financially pay anyone to come play here. Maybe an Arkansas school where it's a short bus ride? I can't imagine we're in a position to take a loss on a home game just to have a home game.

BYU needs games but we wouldn’t be able to give a return date until at least 2026.

They've talked with some schools, but it's such a fluid situation all around the country that it's not an easy task.

Any updates on potential replacement games? I’ve seen games being scheduled for other conference teams recently but nothing for us. I’m sure pausing practice for a week didn’t help.

At some point, the school is going to have to finalize the schedule and determine how to handle potential partial refunds.

Any updates on potential replacement games? I’ve seen games being scheduled for other conference teams recently but nothing for us. I’m sure pausing practice for a week didn’t help.

At some point, the school is going to have to finalize the schedule and determine how to handle potential partial refunds.

Bump

i wouldn't think it would be that tough. how about an ebay for games? buy it now and such? lol

Open date: such and such
cost to you: xxxx

interested?

I've answered this a couple times in Hurricane Alley over the past week. Nothing new as of now. As I've said before, they have actively searched for replacements, but it hasn't been easy (for reasons HuffyCane discussed elsewhere).

Thanks, I know it's a crazy dynamic with schools, conferences, etc.

This may not be popular with the TU fans and we may have tried but I would have liked to seen us as OU's home game this year. I doubt we will get to have a lot of fans, now would have been a good year to have paid off some of that 2-1 we signed. In state so we would all be dealing with the same thing. Close game too, even if it was a one off not a terrible year to do it and build good will.

Just to be honest this is the perfect year to build up some future home games by being the away team this year. With the limited advantage home field offers the team has the best chance to get some road wins. Those home games will be more profitable in the future and it would give us some flexibility and stability.

Reactions: crow4435
I've answered this a couple times in Hurricane Alley over the past week. Nothing new as of now. As I've said before, they have actively searched for replacements, but it hasn't been easy (for reasons HuffyCane discussed elsewhere).

Is it safe to assume that no makeups will be scheduled and the first home game is in mid October?

Is it safe to assume that no makeups will be scheduled and the first home game is in mid October?
I think if we were going to play more, it would be TV driven and we would know by now. You can’t just throw together a national broadcast like a carny ride. The production folks are mostly contractors and need lead time.

As late as it is, I would assume any games added would need to be conditional in December now. I know BYU has supposedly spoken to two or three schools about that sort of add. Marshall and ECU may try to play then as a make up if neither team makes their championship game. Florida St did something similar to get bowl eligible a year or two ago.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT