ADVERTISEMENT

SEC expansion

So after the only teams in the Big 12 with a national audience leave will osu be begging to get into the AAC!

I get Houston, Cincinnati, ucf, and maybe Memphis, but it seems like SMU it doesn’t have that much to offer since they already have TCU/metroplex market.

BYU, Colorado State & Boise State would also beg to get into the Big XII. TU needs to be planning & lobbying right now.

BYU, Colorado State & Boise State would also beg to get into the Big XII. TU needs to be planning & lobbying right now.
BYU is a hard no for most conferences because of their hard line stance on not playing Sunday games in most sports AND their discrimination against LGBTQ+ individuals.

If OU and Texas go SEC.... then is will be up to ESPN to decide if they want to outbid Fox to keep the AAC as the 5th power conference over the old big 12. At that point the AAC must be very pro-active in cherry picking the old big 12 to get the cream of the crop of the left overs.

Maybe the B12 goes big with a 16 team conference and we sneak in Colorado State would be a really good addition. Boise is SOOOO far away for fans to travel to. I wish they would consider that stuff more. There is no thought about that put in for students and fans. It is just about money. They could give two :crap:s less about their fans and students

Best case scenario: OU and Texas leave for the SEC. OSU and Texas Tech leave for the PAC-12. Iowa State and Kansas go to the BIG 10. Big 12 is left with K-State, West Virginia, Baylor and TCU. Not too attractive of a conference at that point so no AAC members leave. AAC poaches Baylor and TCU to establish themselves as a P5 conference.

The best scenario for TU would be for ESPN to win the conference realignment that will take place between the AAC and the left over Big 12 and the AAC add 5 Big 12 teams... With OU going to the SEC, Texas going independent or SEC, and Kansas nost likely going to the Big 10... the AAC could go after West Virginia, Iowa State, Texas Tech, Baylor, and K-State or osu... Personally I would prefer K-State and let osu go to the Mountain West.

Wherever TU ends up, I believe our national profile has increased a lot since last season which may well improve our pecking order. For example, within one TD of Cincy for an AACK! title and MS. St. in a bowl; a 6-3 record; a ton of experience coming back and, IMO, a chance to have a very successful season; the free pub we got from Z. Collins' fantastic success.

Then there's guys like Chris Paul who is nominated to the Allstate Good Works team & will likely be a finalist. Not to mention 28 starts who does "good works" at right tackle; K. Stokes on the Biletnikoff Award watch list-and I hope he's a finalist on this one, too! S. Brooks and D. Prince on the Doak Walker preseason watch list. Finally, J. Player is named to the Chuck Bednarik Award preseason list. How cool would it be to have repeat winners of this award from TU!

Anyway, all this stuff certainly won't hurt our chances in any re-alignment scenario.

Would be hilarious if Tulane upsets Oklahoma this year , taken down by a team that has a logo with a green booger

Reactions: Henry Kendall
Best case scenario: OU and Texas leave for the SEC. OSU and Texas Tech leave for the PAC-12. Iowa State and Kansas go to the BIG 10. Big 12 is left with K-State, West Virginia, Baylor and TCU. Not too attractive of a conference at that point so no AAC members leave. AAC poaches Baylor and TCU to establish themselves as a P5 conference.
West Virginia can go to the ACC or Big 10. Baylor and TCU (religious schools) are not an ideal PAC-12 fit. Kansas State? Hmmmmm.

the sec should drop several teams, vandy, kentucky, south carolina, missouri, and arkansas.
If the SEC starts dropping schools, it'd likely ripple down and the AAC would be dropping Tulsa, Tulane, ECU, all the little fish in the conference. Apparently the AAC has more clout to bring in the Big 12 detritus than the reverse scenario due to ESPN having broadcast rights with the AAC and Fox having the Big 12. ESPN might be the reason our conference gets stronger, just hoping Tulsa doesn't get punted due to our itty-bitty stadium... I think the matchups would put more butts in the stands on Saturdays at Skelly, but I'm guessing that might be offset by higher ticket prices.

If the SEC starts dropping schools, it'd likely ripple down and the AAC would be dropping Tulsa, Tulane, ECU, all the little fish in the conference. Apparently the AAC has more clout to bring in the Big 12 detritus than the reverse scenario due to ESPN having broadcast rights with the AAC and Fox having the Big 12. ESPN might be the reason our conference gets stronger, just hoping Tulsa doesn't get punted due to our itty-bitty stadium... I think the matchups would put more butts in the stands on Saturdays at Skelly, but I'm guessing that might be offset by higher ticket prices.
The SEC is not going to drop schools because the threat of lawsuits and the $$$ amount along with those lawsuits would be ridiculous. We're talking $500M minimum to each school dropped with being in good standing and no school in the conference is going to vote for a change in the bylaws that says a school can be dropped with a vote of members because they know they could be next. And $500M is a low figure..we're talking $50M over 10 yrs and schools could really push the damages to say 25 or 50 years. It's not going to happen.

Our best bet is Aresco getting with ESPN and asking for an upgrade in the $$$ if the AAC can add the leftover Big XII schools to out us at 19 playing members in each sport. I don't think you'd get the full 8 in the AAC as I think you'd see Kansas try to go to the B1G and maybe Iowa State, and WVa is going to push for ACC. All that is fine with me. That leaves 5 and gets us to 16 in football and 16 in basketball.

West Virginia can go to the ACC or Big 10. Baylor and TCU (religious schools) are not an ideal PAC-12 fit. Kansas State? Hmmmmm.
Baylor is a full on religious school but TCU is a religious school in the same way TU and SMU are religious schools, historic affiliation only and maybe a few scholarships. With that notion USC is a religious school because it was founded as a Methodist School.

I am not a TCU fan but I think it is funny how often people :crap: on TCU on this page. I get that we are jealous of them but they have found a way to succeed, primarily by keeping Patterson there, and we just haven't. Now their programs are growing, their academics are ranked considerably higher than ours and they are a well rounded university and not a STEM academy.

• Haha
Reactions: TU 1978
Lighten this up a bit...
.. actually pretty well done..

And these... 2 ... each with a Tulsa Reference...

2020 Playoff Speeddate

Reactions: TU1NNJ
Baylor is a full on religious school but TCU is a religious school in the same way TU and SMU are religious schools, historic affiliation only and maybe a few scholarships. With that notion USC is a religious school because it was founded as a Methodist School.

I am not a TCU fan but I think it is funny how often people :crap: on TCU on this page. I get that we are jealous of them but they have found a way to succeed, primarily by keeping Patterson there, and we just haven't. Now their programs are growing, their academics are ranked considerably higher than ours and they are a well rounded university and not a STEM academy.
Nah, let's :crap: on them. It feels good. that is the point of sports and college football. Welcome to the playa hatas ball.

They should be in our conference along with SMU and Tulane. We are all similar schools. They hold their football program in very high regard and respectfully, they have had great years...better years than even Texas. But that :crap: could change on a dime if Patterson leaves. Texas or someone else could always make a godfather offer or he could leave for getting peeved because someone rights a meanypants article in the college paper or retire etc...

Heck he might leave because of the conference change!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT