ADVERTISEMENT

Season to date synopsis

TU1NNJ

I.T.S. Head Coach
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2004
My memory, albeit shaken by several concussions, of the general comments over this years season to date:

MSU - first drive- isn’t our defense suppose to be good. What is wrong with the o-line. Can’t we snap the ball? We need a change at center! Way too many penalties and turnovers. Our defense is going to be good. A few rumbles about Monty.

SJSU - our first defensive possession exempted - the offense is better, defense is really good, we are going to be alright. Monty criticism at about same pace as previous week.

OSU - first few minutes, my god what happened! 2nd qtr - we can win this, the offense is clicking, defense is over its’ nerves. 2nd half - what are we doing! Is Monty trying to sit in the lead. Come on coach we could win this game! Criticism of Monty intensifies.

Wyoming- starts out well. Several questionable coaching decisions lead to increased criticism. Almost blowing the lead and the grumbling about the coach hits highest level to date.

SMU - First 2 and a half quarters - maybe the offense is better than we thought, SMOO is overrated. From that point on coaching has become the focal point for all but a few Monty diehards.

Navy - blow out by a team that we started the week as a 2 point favorite! Vegas betting money knew what was coming and the line shifted to favor Navy. Even the most diehard of Monty supporters losing faith and 1 conspiracy theorist make up most of the posts.

Where the competition stands:
MSU has now lost 2 games including a blowout loss to a very good Wisconsin team.
SJSU is 3-3 but better than predicted
OSU has 2 losses against Texas and Texas Tech. Season has been a mixed bag
Wyoming - lost a close one to SDSU last night but is 4-2
SMU is undefeated. Who would have believed it.
Navy wins first road game in 2 years. The win was a blowout.

Where we stand:
Tulsa has 2 wins (one is a good win by hanging on for dear life and the other was to be expected) and 4 losses. Two of those losses we were in a very good position to win (OSU and SMU) and another we got our ass handed to us by a team that has struggled on the road.

Where we should be:
With better coaching we realistically should be 4 (SJSU, Wyoming, Navy and either OSU or SMU) and 2 (MSU and either OSU or SMU). Unless the team rally’s behind Monty, hoping to save his job, we will win one more game at best.

Prediction this will be the lowest homecoming game attendance in years.

Last edited:
I agree with the “we should be 4-2” part but the two wins should be OSU and SMU. After they took away Crawford’s TD on a replay that didn’t show him going out of bounds we weren’t winning that game even if the back judge had to trip our receivers to do it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT