ADVERTISEMENT

Season Tickets

Not sure they'll be doing season tickets this year. I've heard from a couple different sources that TU has considered a few different proposals on attendance, with no attendance being one of those options. However, they are likely to approve a plan to have VERY limited attendance...probably less than 5,000. Who knows how they'll go about allocating those tickets.

Reactions: HuffyCane
Not sure they'll be doing season tickets this year. I've heard from a couple different sources that TU has considered a few different proposals on attendance, with no attendance being one of those options. However, they are likely to approve a plan to have VERY limited attendance...probably less than 5,000. Who knows how they'll go about allocating those tickets.

I hope they follow Owasso’s lead to a degree.
Owassso allows 200 students and season ticket holders plus an unknown but small number of tickets for opponents. No walk ups.

I have been a season ticket holder continuously since 1977. I have also attended many away games. I received a season ticket renewal packet in the midst of the virus. I set the packet aside because I did not really believe there would be a season. I am still skeptical that the season will be completed. I never sent my season ticket renewal in.

I love live sporting events. Between TU Football, TU Men and Women's Basketball, NCAA Basketball Tournament, the Tulsa Drillers, the Pittsburgh Panthers, Pittsburgh Pirates, Pittsburgh Steelers and sometimes the Arizona Diamondbacks I have generally attended 100 live sporting events a year for the past 20 years.

In 2020 I attended most of the Men's Basketball and a handful of the women's basketball games after January 1st. I have not been to any live games since the beginning of March. The interesting thing is I have not watched many games this year. I dropped DIRECTV last year for streaming services. I am just not as interested. I also have a difficult time watching games without fans in the stands.

2020 will go down as a defining year in our history. Perhaps the lesson 2020 is teaching us is to simplify our lives. I don't necessarily like that but it looks like it is what I am doing.

Unless things have changed, admin is not responding to athletics suggestions and playing wait and see. As a practical matter, that means it’s safe to assume no fans unless they change their minds. I’m not planning to go back, but will be at three road games. This is why we are failing.

Chris, do you know roughly how many season ticket holders we currently have? Renewals have already been paid for this year and I would be surprised if they are willing to issue a lot of refunds.

I don’t believe that any new tickets were sold so they may try a plan to accommodate existing ticket holders only plus families of players, cheer, pom etc.

From Dr Gragg via Tulsa World in July, “if the football season is canceled or delayed or if fans choose not to attend because of health or safety reasons, season-ticket holders will be able to get a refund for the ticket cost, receive a credit for future games or donate the cost of the season tickets to the athletic department.”

This was in the email from Levit that arrived yesterday:

Watch for an email next week with more information about games and our ground rules for attendance.

The Golden Hurricane website shows an image that says season tickets are available for the now four home games.

20200820_Website_Updates_Sliders_Football_Season_Tickets_1416x400_R2.jpg

Reactions: Henry Kendall
Decisions have been made. There will be fans and season ticket holders will get the info. The plan has just not been announced but it is in place.

The Golden Hurricane website shows an image that says season tickets are available for the now four home games.

20200820_Website_Updates_Sliders_Football_Season_Tickets_1416x400_R2.jpg

That’s interesting. I went to the ticket office website and found this:

Please Note: New Season Tickets are not available to purchase online at this time. If you are interested in tickets, please email tuticketoffice@utulsa.edu for more information.

Season Ticket Renewals now available for the 2020 season! Returning season ticket holders can now log in to your account to renew today!

Reactions: Henry Kendall
Looks like what I was previously told is working out to fruition. I've heard it could be limited to as little as 3,000 in the stands.

I would love to read this email.

20+yr season ticket holder, already bought and paid for 2020, and made my ghc. It would have been nice to get a heads up before it hit the website.

Reactions: TulsaAM and TU1NNJ
I was surprised that there was no option to use the credit for already purchased season tickets to buy these single game tickets.

It could be a hard sell to get fans to buy tickets to games that they have already paid for.

I would love to read this email.

20+yr season ticket holder, already bought and paid for 2020, and made my ghc. It would have been nice to get a heads up before it hit the website.
I knew this third class operation would do this so I let my GHC and Season Ticket for my father lapse this year. Might renew if I move back to the area and the University itself is still around when I do.

I knew this third class operation would do this so I let my GHC and Season Ticket for my father lapse this year. Might renew if I move back to the area and the University itself is still around when I do.
Goodbye fair weather fan.

Goodbye fair weather fan.
HA! I had been a member of GHC for decades. I told them I would drop out if they kept this coach and I did BEFORE COVID. The ticket was for my father who has been seeing games at Skelly for over 50 years. He doesn't want to go anymore.

Fair weather my ass, tired of supporting poor performance from the department is the actual reason.

HA! I had been a member of GHC for decades. I told them I would drop out if they kept this coach and I did BEFORE COVID. The ticket was for my father who has been seeing games at Skelly for over 50 years. He doesn't want to go anymore.

Fair weather my ass, tired of supporting poor performance from the department is the actual reason.
You lasted through 7 years of bad Rader teams and through 3 years of terrible Burns but you can't last 3 bad years for this guy?

You lasted through 7 years of bad Rader teams and through 3 years of terrible Burns but you can't last 3 bad years for this guy?
You forget the Blankenship era, this has just been an extension of that. The administration is the problem, if they clean house then I will consider returning.

I was surprised that there was no option to use the credit for already purchased season tickets to buy these single game tickets.

It could be a hard sell to get fans to buy tickets to games that they have already paid for.

Hate to say it, but i"m in that court.

If they want me to buy tickets, then the refund for the 2020 season had better be on its way. As much as i love my school, times aint as great in the patch as they used to be and the money isnt there for double donations and double tickets.

Are you sure they will not apply the season ticket credit to these games?

If that is the case I am requesting a refund.

Here are the options. I’ve got a feeling that they’re going to try to talk you out of the refund option.

ROLL OVER: Roll over my current season ticket payment to my 2021 season tickets.
DONATE: Donate the amount of your FY 2020 season ticket payment to the Loyal Always True Fund in support of TU Athletics. (100% Tax Deductible)
REFUND: A TU ticket representative will be in touch on your refund options

I'm planning on the Donating option.

If they send out basketball season ticket renewals, I think I will pass. Had basketball season tickets back to 1997/1998 season. But I could change my mind.

I verified this with a ticket rep today. Applying season ticket credit to this season’s games is not an approved option.

Interesting. It's your money...don't see why they can't use the credit toward this season's games if you are one of those selected to the pool to buy tickets.
States sales tax already paid/payable? No idea. Just farting an answer ...

Interesting. It's your money...don't see why they can't use the credit toward this season's games if you are one of those selected to the pool to buy tickets.

I’ll be interested to see if the per game tickets are higher priced than they were in the season ticket package.

It will be worse if we have to pay even more for tickets to a game that we’ve already paid for.

Ahhh yes the old shoot ourselves in the foot model of building support 🤦‍♂️

Yes, I asked that same question. They confirmed our seats will be held for 2021

Oh that's cool. I just paid for a paint job on a car so that refund would come in handy. But at the same time, next season's tix are paid for. I can't decide.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT