ADVERTISEMENT

Scrimmage

dlsnid

I.T.S. Senior
Gold Member
Mar 14, 2004
Did anybody go to the scrimmage last Saturday.how did we look.

Is the spring game this Saturday? The public is invited, right?
Wow the silence from football camp has been bizarre.

Between ORU getting all the external attention and internally the media interns being out on spring break, it’s been tough pushing revenue neutral content out I am sure. They did send an email on the spring game which is good.

And given most sports on campus that could charge for tickets and get a hundred fans or so aren’t allowed to have fans, the idea that a couple of hundred will be allowed into the spring game is really nice.

Still, Bruce and Coach put out a video clip yesterday on practice progress.

Montgomery seems to have worked some on his media delivery and that’s good to see.

Still, the lack of information exchanged is comical. About half way through the clip I’m hearing the same four football coaches cliches over and over again. He could have been talking about the loss to Arkansas State three years ago, today’s practice, or the win over Ohio State in September. He just kept rephrasing without saying anything. Then it hit me, he sounds exactly like this guy ...

Reactions: URedskin54
Huffy got it right. I want to see a press conference without the word "schematically". He did mention penalties in briefly so at least he is aware that it's a bad thing (I think). Coach really has made an art out of coach speak and saying alot without communicating anything.

Reactions: HuffyCane
Between ORU getting all the external attention and internally the media interns being out on spring break, it’s been tough pushing revenue neutral content out I am sure. They did send an email on the spring game which is good.

And given most sports on campus that could charge for tickets and get a hundred fans or so aren’t allowed to have fans, the idea that a couple of hundred will be allowed into the spring game is really nice.

Still, Bruce and Coach put out a video clip yesterday on practice progress.

Montgomery seems to have worked some on his media delivery and that’s good to see.

Still, the lack of information exchanged is comical. About half way through the clip I’m hearing the same four football coaches cliches over and over again. He could have been talking about the loss to Arkansas State three years ago, today’s practice, or the win over Ohio State in September. He just kept rephrasing without saying anything. Then it hit me, he sounds exactly like this guy ...

Natty light - breakfast of champions

Reactions: HuffyCane
Is the athletic department aware that fans actually prefer watching sports to watching people talk about sports? Put out some highlights so we can see how the team looks
They tend to do that a lot more in the fall practices. I think the process of the offense being installed in the spring can be lackluster at times. (Though with so many seniors returning this season I would think it’s more interesting)

I was so glad to hear him say they are working on avoiding needless penalties for next year. Offside, motion and personal fouls. Oh wait. That was not Montgomery. I was watching an Arkansas Coach being interviewed on another link. Sorry.................

Reactions: Henry Kendall
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT