ADVERTISEMENT

Scott Frost gone, Nebraska looks like jerks...

JesseTU

I.T.S. Head Coach
Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
It was announced on multiple tickets and websites while UCF was in OT. Reportedly Nebraska was calling recruits earlier today and advising them. Frost was asked about on the field after his win. He replied "I'm going to go celebrate with my team."

He did not look happy.

Nebraska has fallen a long way, including in professionalism. Give the guy a chance to tell his team.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...s-to-inform-them-of-pending-scott-frost-hire/

It was announced on multiple tickets and websites while UCF was in OT. Reportedly Nebraska was calling recruits earlier today and advising them. Frost was asked about on the field after his win. He replied "I'm going to go celebrate with my team."

He did not look happy.

Nebraska has fallen a long way, including in professionalism. Give the guy a chance to tell his team.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...s-to-inform-them-of-pending-scott-frost-hire/
Article makes it sound like UCF may have a tampering case against Nebraska

It was reported he will coach ucf in the bowl game. Doesnt that give Frost/Nebraska even more time to poach their recruits?

Maybe he has a potential bonus for winning a new years day bowl that would make them contractually abligated to let them coach?

I dont know, but if youre raiding the coaching staff, im going to limit the possibilities of losing the entire recruiting class too

The kids knew. I have a client who is a big time UCF booster going back to when they were called the Citronauts instead of the Knights.

He pissed a lot of them off when he spoke to the players either last night or this morning (not clear which) wearing red and white after meeting with a delegation of Neb boosters.

This is not a high character individual. The conference is better without him. The microscope of Nebraska will bring scrutiny and it won’t be pretty. This is a guy that not only had sex with a teammate’s girlfriend, but locked himself in a bathroom and refused to come out after she began screaming, when the boyfriend proceeded to repeatedly strike her in the face then throw her down a flight of stairs.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
This is not a high character individual. The conference is better without him. The microscope of Nebraska will bring scrutiny and it won’t be pretty. This is a guy that not only had sex with a teammate’s girlfriend, but locked himself in a bathroom and refused to come out after she began screaming, when the boyfriend proceeded to repeatedly strike her in the face then throw her down a flight of stairs.

Yes but he is getting results on the field... and sadly that’s the only thing a lot of schools care about.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
UCF got screwed again. They should be ranked 9 or 10. So want them to get a bowl game against Miami/Washington and beat the tar out of them.

Nebraska fans do not look like jerks they ARE jerks.

Curious as to why you think Nebraska fans are jerks. During the Big8 and Big12 days Nebraska fans were regarded as the best in the conference and definately the most accommodating for visiting fans.

Curious as to why you think Nebraska fans are jerks. During the Big8 and Big12 days Nebraska fans were regarded as the best in the conference and definately the most accommodating for visiting fans.

I've watched games at both Lincoln & Fayetteville. Nebraska fans are much better than hog fans, but they do have the same problem. They have no in state competition, so the fans & media get too biased in their view of their team & it's place in the national scene.

Nebraska fans do not look like jerks they ARE jerks.
I spend a lot of time up there. But the hard-core fans will not give up their hatred for OU

When I tell them that I am not an an OU fan they say oh Oklahoma State? No Tulsa. Oklahomans have moved on because there are rivalries with Texas, the Cowboys and SMU for Tulsa. They have not developed strong right rivalries in their new league probably because they haven't been good lately .

I was talking to a very friendly man and asked why they still don't like OU and he said he would hate them till he died. They are great people but mentioning the sooners is waving a red flag at a bull. I speak with some experience since my son has lived there 12 years .

I reread my post. Auto correct changed OU to you. The people are very nice. They hate our football program not us. And again, I am not much of an OU fan.

Last edited:
I spend a lot of time up there. But the hard-core fans will not give up their hatred for OU

When I tell them that I am not an an OU fan they say oh Oklahoma State? No Tulsa. Oklahomans have moved on because there are rivalries with Texas, the Cowboys and SMU for Tulsa. They have not developed strong right rivalries in their new league probably because they haven't been good lately .

I was talking to a very friendly man and asked why they still don't like OU and he said he would hate them till he died. They are great people but mentioning the sooners is waving a red flag at a bull. I speak with some experience since my son has lived there 12 years .

I reread my post. Auto correct changed OU to you. The people are very nice. They hate our football program not us. And again, I am not much of an OU fan.
The B1G us trying to artifically boost the Corn Derby as a rivalry between Iowa and Nebraska. The problem with Nebraska EVER really developing a true rivalry in the B1G is the entire conference is ripe with rivalry and longstanding trophy games. Minnesota v Wisconsin for Paul Bunyans Ax, Minnesota and Iowa for the Floyd of Rosedale, Minnesota and Michigan for the Little Brown Jug (so maybe it's just Minnesota against every rival for a trophy). Those trophy games are fun to watch.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT