ADVERTISEMENT

Scott frost did great things at UCF

I don’t believe so. We canceled out of our last series with Tech and haven’t played them in 35 years.
Didn’t they pay us to reschedule since they thought they would lose then we took that money and a little more and bought out the option. I forget that story. I remember they were livid but not exactly why.

Didn’t they pay us to reschedule since they thought they would lose then we took that money and a little more and bought out the option. I forget that story. I remember they were livid but not exactly why.
That was in about 2008 or so. We cancelled out of a home & home with them so that we could take a money game at Arkansas.

We notified them about six months in advance and they had to replace us with an FCS team at the last moment.

That was in about 2008 or so. We cancelled out of a home & home with them so that we could take a money game at Arkansas.

We notified them about six months in advance and they had to replace us with an FCS team at the last moment.
IIRC They paid cash to push the 2008 game, so in 2009 we bought out the option for the 2010 game in Tulsa with the money they paid us for that with a little extra and signed a better deal for a single game with Hogs. Hahaha. I think that’s right. Been a long time.

Reactions: rusty-c
We can double check with @Gold* but I’m pretty sure it was UTEP

Always UTEP. We had some people say some borderline racist things. They rightfully didn’t like that. Then we figured out we could just talk about tacos and draw even sillier allegations of racism even though we were just talking about tacos. It was one of our finer moments. Up there with Pokenmike1 leading the Voice on for many hours one day on some ridiculous nonsense.

And the Liberty Bowl against Fresno. I had a break from school and nothing to do for days other than find articles about how bad a place Fresno is. I eventually had to stop because it’s actually a really terrible place and got to be sad. Typical used to hate me, but kind of quit about them. The Fresno fan coming on here after the game and putting up some graphic with the lyrics to “Dust in the Wind” was the cherry on top.

IIRC They paid cash to push the 2008 game, so in 2009 we bought out the option for the 2010 game in Tulsa with the money they paid us for that with a little extra and signed a better deal for a single game with Hogs. Hahaha. I think that’s right. Been a long time.
I found an article on it. We cancelled in January 2008 in order to play the Hogs that season. Tech replaced us with Eastern Washington.

The return game in Tulsa was set for 2009. It looks like we added Sam Houston as our replacement game.

You are right about the college town aspect of it. Without me being too crass about it, let me try to say that the female student body of thousands of young black women a few miles from Doak Campbell stadium has done more to build up FSU than any amenity or the warm weather.
HuffyCane says move Langston University into Promenade mall and we win

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT