ADVERTISEMENT

Scoop Haisten

Gold*

Serious Cat Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2003
That was a very back handed article today. It was shocking. It was like he was trying to justify our coach leaving.

And why the hell do you bring up Blankenshp's salary? In retrospect, he was overpaid. Blank always brings up what we paid him. He got some nice checks from the school after he was removed of his duties.

All that article made me think was that many of these coaches are extremely overpaid.

I don't think I can access TW articles in Tulum.

*rolls eyes and orders mezcal*

My take away was "Chad Morris is rumored to
make $2 mill?!?! SMU fan is even dumber than I thought!"

All things considered I was glad he said what we all know needs to happen. AAC will reportedly start contract negotiations with the TV folks in next few weeks with hopes of a major increase in revenue. That may hold the key!

My guess is Haisten saw the "PAY THE MAN" thread on our board & came up with his dump on TU article.

I rarely read the Tulsa World any more. It's amazing they do so little to help their hometown school. You'd think desperation to keep subscribers might lead a positive change in TU coverage.

Tulsa Golden Hurricane sports news (and coverage initiative) falls 3rd on their depth chart. Behind OU and OSU. Then comes Tulsa, then platitudinous coverage of ORU. The newspaper is the TULSA world, not the Daily Oklahoman... You'd think they'd give Tulsa top spot out of allegiance to the community in which it's their prerogative to report on?

The worst part is that we always get the lousiest coverage when we are doing well. That's the opposite with what OU/OSU get and shows the demeaning mindset at that rag. What should occur is they should put the local teams first and foremost because those are their most loyal readers. But as long as they do this, I'll keep their flyers in my birdcage and trash bin. BTW how do you stop flyers from coming in the mail?

The paper is owned by Warren Buffet he doesn't give two sh(*%ts about Tulsa.

GO TU!!!

SMU has a history of overpaying - $3M for June Jones, Larry Brown, etc. SMU thinks the payroll equates with big time status. It has never worked for the Ponies.

Reactions: TUBballJunkie
cat-litter-cat-sand-scoop-28789379.jpg

He's full of it.

Haisten is such a downer when he appears on 97.1 out of Oklahoma City. He has a terrible voice, miserable voice, I can't stand to even listen to him, then you pile on top his negative attitude about everything, he is a train wreck to any live broadcast. Stick with writing Billy boy, you don't have the chops to do live radio.

The worst part is that we always get the lousiest coverage when we are doing well. That's the opposite with what OU/OSU get and shows the demeaning mindset at that rag. What should occur is they should put the local teams first and foremost because those are their most loyal readers. But as long as they do this, I'll keep their flyers in my birdcage and trash bin. BTW how do you stop flyers from coming in the mail?
According to Seinfeld you don't ever get to opt out of the flyers and catalog scams

Another example of the "scoopster" dropping his poop on TU athletics. He needs to spend more time concentrating on his man crush with Gumby's "Mullett"!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT