ADVERTISEMENT

Ryan Gendron is leaving as well as others

libertychamp

I.T.S. Position Coach
Sep 23, 2007
As seen in the Tulsa World article on Frank’s long contract extension lol Do you think he will transfer to a D1 program . No word on Sheas son yet?

Shea is on the staff. Gendron is not. Why would you be questioning whether Shea's son is leaving.

Shea's son cannot play at all. Not even a good scout team player. We need to clean the bench starting with assistants.

Reactions: t-townpod
What happens if we aren't left with enough players?

Will they take walkons? I’ve got a 6’ 5” freshman starting in the fall that can hit an occasional 3 pointer and grab a rebound or 2 but that’s about it.

Will they take walkons? I’ve got a 6’ 5” freshman starting in the fall that can hit an occasional 3 pointer and grab a rebound or 2 but that’s about it.
Honestly, they probably will be looking for a walkon at some point in your son's tenure.

They’ll employ a Price is Right method of filling out the roster for each game. The announcer will say, “Random Name, come on down!!! You’re a Golden Hurricane player for this game!!!” The lucky winner will be issued a uniform and will be inserted into the lineup, possibly starting, as no experience is needed.

No word on Sheas son yet?
I mentioned all of this last Thursday morning when we found out Gendron was leaving, and I updated the chart in Hurricane Alley. Gendron wanted a scholarship and wasn't going to get one, so he's moving on. Shea's son is still on the team as a walk-on.

Roster Change Chart

Seems to me like we loaded up on guards. Bunches of PG’s / CG’s. We need help in the front court. Not sure Ugboh and Idowu are going to be enough to get us to where we need to be. How many scholarships do we have open now? 2?

Maybe Frank has decided to run and press instead of relying on a post presence. Could he change his offense?

Seems to me like we loaded up on guards. Bunches of PG’s / CG’s. We need help in the front court. Not sure Ugboh and Idowu are going to be enough to get us to where we need to be. How many scholarships do we have open now? 2?
Ugboh has moved on.

We have lots of 6'6"/6'7" ish guys, and Idowu.
As long as everybody signs we have 2 scholarships.

They both need to be 6'8" and above. We need two rebounders, shot blockers, and guys that play with their back to the basket.

We have lots of 6'6"/6'7" ish guys, and Idowu.
As long as everybody signs we have 2 scholarships.

They both need to be 6'8" and above. We need two rebounders, shot blockers, and guys that play with their back to the basket.
I agree. None of the 6-7 guys we got look like they will be seasoned enough or have the right temperament to be bangers inside (able to compete with the likes of Memphis / Houston / Wichita) and Idowu is a liability as far as his free throws go and he straight up doesn’t rebound worth a damn.

Last edited:
I wondered many games, why he never saw the court during the games our shooting was horrible.
Thought his strength was shooting.
Weird.

Reactions: dmarsh1985
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT