ADVERTISEMENT

Roughnecks

Yeah, that’s not anywhere near what MLS season tickets cost.
A top tier season ticket at the club level, not a suite, just a seat with access to a bar and private toilet for DC United starts at $3500 for lower level at the flag and touch line and goes up to $4900 from there as you get closer to the benches and field.

Club level seating, not suite level seating, for LAFC is $300 a game but only available at $5400 a season. Parking not included. Plan on another $400 for that.

These seats, together with the next level down, constitute the bulk of the profit generated by MLS clubs after TV rights and are the key to financial viability.

Before you say that isn’t the price point for bargain season tickets, standing seats in the supporters section, supposedly sold at a loss to the supporters group at United are $520.00. I think the cheapest seat back season ticket is $740.00 Nobody on this board believes 10,000 people in Tulsa in August are gonna pay $700 to come and watch Kei Kamara jack up another team or Dax McCarty limp around. Nashville has sold less than 5,000 despite wide interest and good USMNT numbers. Get 20,000 to come out to a regular season Roughnecks game like Cincinnati or Chattanooga of all places, and we will talk.

Last edited:
If you’ve been paying attention, this team is going to be freaking good. Couple of the guys who follow USL think Tulsa will push for the top of the west this season. They’ve resigned some good players from last season including the little Brazilian who made the team go late last season. They’ve also signed a couple of former Cuban national team players. They’ve also signed a player who was part of the Sporting KC youth academy to the FC Tulsa development academy in Ciaran Winters (his dad is an English national who played at ORU and is a really good youth coach as well as a good guy overall). They’re also hinting at bringing back one of the players who was on the lone playoff team since the franchise was restarted. I’m hoping it is former Houston Dynamo and TU player Bradley Bourgeouis. Kid can flat out play and defend and is a weapon on attacking set pieces because of his vertical leaping ability (at least 36”).

They’ve also signed another former Houston Dynamo player who is supposed to be pretty dynamic.

Lots of forward momentum with the club right now. The scarf they released is neat as if you fold it a certain way, you make another crest. It’s neat. Just waiting for the 1st jersey release.

Are your games televised locally? Reno 1878 FC televises all of their home games. I haven’t watched them live but catch most of the home games on TV so I should see the Tulsa squad when they visit.

Hoping this will create more of a buzz around the team and help with the attendance numbers which have been poor thus far. They should push the rivalry with the Okla Energy. A little hate directed at a foe is always good for crowds.

FC Tulsa just announced they were bringing Bradley Bourgeouis (former TU, Houston Dynamo) back on a multi year deal. This is a great signing. Anyone who remembers Bradley understands what a player like him is capable of both in locking down as a defender/defensive MF) and attacking in set pieces. Really excited for what may lie ahead for the team in terms of its competitive level for 2020

Reactions: HuffyCane
Not to mention the likes of Abrahams and Futcher.
Well, you didn't mention Billy Caskey, Huffy did, plus everyone's favorite Iranian-Iraj Daniafard. Shame, LEC, shame! BTW, Futcher was an A$$(until he won us a NASL trophy)
My under 16 team used to practice and scrimmage with Tulsa International and Iraj would occasionally work out with us. The ball was glued to his foot and the whole scene was not much of a challenge for him. But he knew some of the Iranian guys on TI like Johnny Lazar and Sam Sojay so he liked the cameraderie.

His Roughnecks teammates called him Harry btw (hairy). I read that he passed away a few years ago in Dallas.

Side note, I just saw a pic of Terry Hennessey this week that his son Dean posted to facebook. Still looks the same though I understand his health is not the best.

My under 16 team used to practice and scrimmage with Tulsa International and Iraj would occasionally work out with us. The ball was glued to his foot and the whole scene was not much of a challenge for him. But he knew some of the Iranian guys on TI like Johnny Lazar and Sam Sojay so he liked the cameraderie.

His Roughnecks teammates called him Harry btw (hairy). I read that he passed away a few years ago in Dallas.

Side note, I just saw a pic of Terry Hennessey this week that his son Dean posted to facebook. Still looks the same though I understand his health is not the best.
Crap RIP Iraj, didn't know he had passed. He passed away approximately a year ago at 68. Young. Dec. 12, 2018.

Reactions: quincy101
ESPN+ broadcasted a few Roughnecks games last season.
All of the games are on ESPN +. I don’t think any of them are broadcast over the air locally. I would hope they could get one of the local stations to do the games between Tulsa and OKC.

Reactions: lawpoke87
Iraj didn't look good when he came to the 2013 Roughnecks reunion. He was smiling and having a good time. But he was about two to three times bigger than his playing weight. Certainly not to disparage the man. I just remember thinking he probably wasn't going to last a whole lot longer.

Iraj D.-always the smallest guy on the pitch and most often the fastest. Just gave opponents fits.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT