ADVERTISEMENT

Rostered players not invited to Camp.

Sbellini

I.T.S. Sophomore
Mar 31, 2019
I’m curious as to how many players on the roster were not invited to camp. So many returning Seniors , even with a small scholarship freshman class, there could not have been enough camp spots for all of the kids on the roster.
Does anyone know how many rostered players did not get invited to camp?

I’m curious as to how many players on the roster were not invited to camp. So many returning Seniors , even with a small scholarship freshman class, there could not have been enough camp spots for all of the kids on the roster.
Even with the returning seniors and the late addition of Jordan Ford, we still only have about 83 scholarship athletes. Everything is as should be.

Reactions: Chris Harmon
The returning seniors do not count against the limit and in any event, it appears TU did not offer anyone after CoVid hit unless a spot opened up. It’s just conjecture but an example of that would be Collins leaving early likely opened a spot for Ostroski. We are well within the limits.

As others said above, TU was well within the limits. I didn't do my usual 'roster analysis' after spring ball because the portal got so crazy, but there were also some kids that just didn't return to the roster, like Marcus Mays.

Ostroski.
A recent blurp in The Tulsa World had young Ostroski with 3 sacks vs the 2nd team O (which ain't chopped liver) in a scrimmage last week. Don't know if he'll be in a regular rotation but I bet he'll dang sure play in the four games allowed for freshman.

Somebody somewhere has surely mentioned the new PAC 10 policy of requiring a forfeit of a League game if it is your fault in cancelling due to Covid. I like it. And wouldn't mind if the rest of college football adopted it. Our record last year would have been greatly improved.

Reactions: Weatherdemon
A recent blurp in The Tulsa World had young Ostroski with 3 sacks vs the 2nd team O (which ain't chopped liver) in a scrimmage last week. Don't know if he'll be in a regular rotation but I bet he'll dang sure play in the four games allowed for freshman.

Somebody somewhere has surely mentioned the new PAC 10 policy of requiring a forfeit of a League game if it is your fault in cancelling due to Covid. I like it. And wouldn't mind if the rest of college football adopted it. Our record last year would have been greatly improved.
two more wins just from Cincinnati alone.

The forfeiture of games this season is part of the AAC's Covid response for this season, as to the rest of the leauges I'm not sure.

Reactions: nevadanatural
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT