ADVERTISEMENT

Rocky comes to Tulsa?

I watched the premiere and he stays at a place that looks like stuff around the Desert Inn on 11th. Those places are for hookers and other riff raff. The first show implies that everybody has cowboy boots & hat, and plays country. Was a false hollywoodified image of the town, at least for the first episode. I probably wouldn't watch it if I wasn't from here, but I like seeing how hollywood portrays us. Only got slightly above average reviews.

I’ve enjoyed it so far and am looking forward to more episodes. They kind of screwed up the geography a little but it’s fun to see actual locations in the city on TV.

I’ve enjoyed it so far and am looking forward to more episodes. They kind of screwed up the geography a little but it’s fun to see actual locations in the city on TV.
I thought episode 1 was ok. Just watched it. Saw a shot of the Meadow Gold sign at 11th and Peoria down the street from my house. The skyline shots were pretty good.

Really did not think they leaned into "Tulsa is filled with goobers" too much. Not nearly as badly as I had expected.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT