ADVERTISEMENT

Reynolds Center Ticket Office Open Tonight

Babe the Blue Ox

I.T.S. Defensive Coordinator
Oct 3, 2001
At last count, there were just over 900 tickets still available for tonight's game. The ticket office in the Reynolds Center will be open today, which is a change from the original announcement that all ticket purchases would be online only. The ticket booths at the entrance gates will not be open tonight.

Maybe so. There is no reasoning with anything in 2020. On a more positive note, I will be in attendance with my jacket, mask, and high expectations.

Reactions: TU1NNJ
How? How can this not be a sell-out with only 3900 tickets for sale?
Friday. TV. Limited services at the game. No tailgating. High school football commitments. If I’m going to one or two games a year, it’s not on Friday night.

Y’all see how much I obsessively post about TU football, but if I lived in Jenks, I don’t know that I would come out to the game after 12 hours behind a desk shouting at idiots on the other end of the phone, especially if it’s on ESPN. If I’m retired, I’m not driving home at midnight. If I’ve got K-6 aged kids, same. 6-12 grade kids, I’m likely stuck doing what ever activity they are involved in.

Reactions: TU_BLA
If I’ve got K-6 aged kids, same. 6-12 grade kids, I’m likely stuck doing what ever activity they are involved in.
This. My son has an early soccer game on Saturday so getting home at midnight and being wound up from the game means likely not falling asleep until about 2am for me.

Reactions: HuffyCane
Another factor, those of us who are seniors. I have been a TU Season Ticket holder for football since 1977. I attended at least 90% of the games during that time. I once had four season tickets. My youngest son does not want to go, my daughter died and then my wife died eight years ago. I kept two tickets. Most of the time I offered the second ticket to a friend of mine from Church. He is older than I am. I passed on going to the games this year. Although I work every day I am staying away from the rest of society. My client work is by phone and mail. I represent clients at hearings that are now done by telephone. I have not been in a restaurant since March 17th. I have at least three auto immune diseases and I am probably more at risk to catch the virus.

I do not know what enforcement TU intends of wearing masks at all times. I viewed some Drillers (college summer team) online and I did not like what I saw of the "social distancing." (I have also been a Drillers season ticket holder for 33 consecutive years). I did not go to any of the College Drillers games. I have also seen some television games, notably the OU--Texas game where masks and social distancing were not enforced. SMU ejected a number of student fans during an earlier game. What will TU do?

The game is also on television. In the past, I never used that as an excuse. I do not want to become ill because I went to a sporting event. This year (2020) has been difficult. I usually average around 100 live sporting events at year. This year I am only going to be able to count the TU basketball games from January to March. I actually missed three of the games in January because I had a pinched nerve in my back.

If I did go to the game tonight I would probably have to go by myself. As I stated my friend is older than I am and he is not getting out very much. I think I will stay home and watch the game on television.

It’s my understanding the school will be enforcing the AAC CoVid protocols, which means considerable ushers and security moving about the stadium enforcing the rules. They have been overly careful. I would anticipate the same on game night. If they aren’t printing tickets to protect ticket takers and they aren’t accepting cash at the concession stands and won’t let you order in person to prevent you for breathing on a concession stand worker, it’s a safe bet the mask police will out in full force.

I have an 8 year old who plays soccer on Saturdays. Their game is at 8 am tomorrow. I live in Bartlesville. So about 45 minute drive. But I'm still going tonight. Probably get home around 1ish. I'm sure many have valid excuses. But I've never been a fan of the it's too late excuse. Now for seniors, I do understand. But if you're 55 and younger, I dont get it

Last edited:
Honestly, it just sounds like excuses. I have an 8 year old who plays soccer on Saturdays. Their game is at 8 am tomorrow. I live in Bartlesville. But I'm still going tonight. Probably get home around 1230-1 am. I'm sure many have valid excuses. But I've never been a fan of the,
Oh I’d agree if you are going to the game alone or with friends and leaving the kids at home. Buck up, cowboy, in that case. But a lot of folks have spouses who say, if you go, we all go. And that’s just not practicable with a kick off at the bedtime of your five year old.

Reactions: tulsahurricane0530
Oh I’d agree if you are going to the game alone or with friends and leaving the kids at home. Buck up, cowboy, in that case. But a lot of folks have spouses who say, if you go, we all go. And that’s just not practicable with a kick off at the bedtime of your five year old.
Ok fine. I'll give you that one. I guess my post was more directed on if you're going sans family. Though my daughter who has the game tomorrow, said I'm not going without her. And since she has me wrapped around her finger, I agreed. But I also love these father/daughter moments. As long as she still scores 3 goals tomorrow 😂

I have an 8 year old who plays soccer on Saturdays. Their game is at 8 am tomorrow. I live in Bartlesville. So about 45 minute drive. But I'm still going tonight. Probably get home around 1ish. I'm sure many have valid excuses. But I've never been a fan of the it's too late excuse. Now for seniors, I do understand. But if you're 55 and younger, I dont get it
You must not be staying till the end of the game. The game won't be over till 11, 11:30ish. Don't see how you would get home before midnight if you stayed till the end. Taking off at the end of the 3rd 1/4?

You must not be staying till the end of the game. The game won't be over till 11, 11:30ish. Don't see how you would get home before midnight if you stayed till the end. Taking off at the end of the 3rd 1/4?
No plans on getting home before midnight. I was thinking 1 at the latest

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT