ADVERTISEMENT

Remember this one thing no matter what

For now and ORU will never surpass our lead in total games
Suck it Titans

It will continue to reside there because we’ll cancel the series.

Reactions: TU Man
With the transfer frenzy and Mills being a hot commodity, I expect this tourney will be like it never happened for ORU by next season.
It would be better for TU and basketball in general in this city if this years ORU team came back. Unfortunately I just can't see it happening.

With the transfer frenzy and Mills being a hot commodity, I expect this tourney will be like it never happened for ORU by next season.
It would be better for TU and basketball in general in this city if this years ORU team came back. Unfortunately I just can't see it happening.
No idea but doubt mills is ready for Texas or ou. Most other mid to upper level jobs filled. The star players at ORU may not move on. They both have affiliations that make ORU comfortable for them.

Mills, Abmas and Obanor are gone. You can bet on that.

I don't think Mills stock is as high as some think. Maybe to MVC or C USA. I bet Obanor and Abmas stay put. They seem really loyal to what ORU does for them.

I don't think Mills stock is as high as some think. Maybe to MVC or C USA. I bet Obanor and Abmas stay put. They seem really loyal to what ORU does for them.

Yes, They did as that is what their coach told them to do. I don't believe either will go. Their coach is signing an extension today.
Cool story? Abmas might have decent NBA prospects. If he’s smart he’s leave. He can always finish his degree later. It’s unlikely that ORU will match that run in the tournament again (no offense).

Yes, They did as that is what their coach told them to do. I don't believe either will go. Their coach is signing an extension today.
If you can get drafted , you should go, you can always go back to college IMO

Cool story? Abmas might have decent NBA prospects. If he’s smart he’s leave. He can always finish his degree later. It’s unlikely that ORU will match that run in the tournament again (no offense).
If he is a 1rst rounder yes he should go. I don't think he is as i don't see it anywhere but i do agree on that.

I agree that is unlikely that they can match that run again. Even with everyone back. Everything had to go right for all that to happen. Plus they have to win the conference tournament in the Dakotas again! Which is not easy. Heck i think they should have beaten Ark as well. Now Baylor... That is a whole different story for sure!:)

I hope Tulsa can get it turned around and make it next year. I grew up in Tulsa and have always rooted for both schools.

Last edited:
If he is a 1rst rounder yes he should go. I don't think he is as i don't see it anywhere but i do agree on that.

I agree that is unlikely that they can match that run again. Even with everyone back. Everything had to go right for all that to happen. Plus they have to win the conference tournament in the Dakotas again! Which is not easy. Heck i think they should have beaten Ark as well. Now Baylor... That is a whole different story for sure!:)

I hope Tulsa can get it turned around and make it next year. I grew up in Tulsa and have always rooted for both schools.
I highly doubt we do tbh , I don’t think anyone can understand why they extended Haith

I highly doubt we do tbh , I don’t think anyone can understand why they extended Haith

Tulsa just needs to get a few transfers in . Lord knows there are enough of those out there!

Well Mills just signed his new contract. So at that is out of the way. Now if he can hang onto Abmas and Obanor he will be in good shape.!:)

Tulsa just needs to get a few transfers in . Lord knows there are enough of those out there!

Well Mills just signed his new contract. So at that is out of the way. Now if he can hang onto Abmas and Obanor he will be in good shape.!:)
How much is he making a year?

Well that is pretty much true for most coaches. For next year Mills will be the coach at ORU.
Well. there is now starting movement for the mid majors coaches. The schools where the Tech coach or UNC or OU coach comes from will be looking. Mills could stay at ORU but singing an extension has no bearing on where he may be next year.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Well. there is now starting movement for the mid majors coaches. The schools where the Tech coach or UNC or OU coach comes from will be looking. Mills could stay at ORU but singing an extension has no bearing on where he may be next year.
Maybe not.. But i would be willing to bet Mills is the head coach at ORU next fall. :)

That's an awfully big, awfully long contract for a guy that has only had one really good month of coaching basketball. It may be a bargain or it could be an anchor. We shall see.

Reactions: TULSARISING
That's an awfully big, awfully long contract for a guy that has only had one really good month of coaching basketball. It may be a bargain or it could be an anchor. We shall see.
I think of Monty when I see this, 1 good season and then we end up trapped, actually hopeful we will be pretty good in football next year though

I think of Monty when I see this, 1 good season and then we end up trapped, actually hopeful we will be pretty good in football next year though
Monty showed promise in his first year as well. That offense set records and he was saddled with a subpar defense.

Reactions: TULSARISING
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT