ADVERTISEMENT

Remdesivir

TUMe

I.T.S. Legend
Dec 3, 2003
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/29/health/gilead-sciences-remdesivir-covid-19-treatment/index.html?=000
The US Food and Drug Administration has not yet approved any drugs for the treatment of the coronavirus.
But the FDA plans to announce an emergency-use authorization for remdesivir, according to The New York Times. The authorization could come as soon as Wednesday, the Times reported, citing a senior administration official.

Who knows
Studies have shown it shortens the mean time for recovery in serious cases from 2 weeks to 11 days. Though it has also shown to decrease mortality by a small percentage as well.

Certainly promising.

Is their a possibility that the time could be tweaked? If not they drop a few days of walking around contagious in mild cases.

This is on some liberal sources like
The New York Times
CNN
Reuters
The stock market is listening.
What would you have said to Dr. Salk if his first formula showed promise against Poliovirus but wasn't a slam dunk? What is a small percentage of 60,000?

Would you like It to work?

cn

I would like to see a more effective option but I’m onboard for any treatment which saves lives at this point.

Reactions: astonmartin708
I would like to see a more effective option but I’m onboard for any treatment which saves lives at this point.
Agreed. I don't want anyone: Republican or Democrat to suffer / die because of this disease. The sooner things get opened back up the better it is for me (and most others) as well... so I'm game for any legitimate assistance as long as it's not harmful and doesn't take away from the development of better drugs if this one isn't effective.

61,112 x 0.036 = 220. That may be a trivial amount and maybe not repeatable but it depends if a family member is in that group.

What I would like to see some more trials. If the dose is changed does it go up a little or a lot or maybe it gets worse instead of better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT