ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting: Tulsa's current 2019 top targets

Chris Harmon

ITS Publisher
Staff
Aug 15, 2002
Tulsa, OK
tulsa.rivals.com
Tulsa currently has 12 commitments in the 2019 recruiting class with limited spots available. The Hurricane could add an additional three to four prospects to the class, but those figures are always fluid this time of year, as transfers, career-ending injuries, early graduation and academic issues can cause scholarship numbers to fluctuate.

The Inside Tulsa Sports staff has been providing recruiting updates in Hurricane Alley, and several of the recruits listed below have been covered. However, this overview of current targets provides additional information and a few new names on the radar.

LINK: TU Football Recruiting Update

Paul looks like he could be a great get at OT. Do we know if Stokes' Tulsa roots are helping us with him? Same with Grayson (I would assume with Hill leaving OSU and their stable of RBs thinning greatly, OSU may come in after him as well).

There's some good looking athletes on that priority list for TU. Stokes at DE to spell Gipson, Wick, and Lamp some would provide some incredible depth.

I like this group of players we’re trying to sign, especially Paul, Stokes & Grayson. The only way to get back into signing Booker T players in to keep offering.

As far as the others, can the Creighton Prep kid hit his 3 pointers (asking for a fellow poster).

Paul looks like he could be a great get at OT. Do we know if Stokes' Tulsa roots are helping us with him? Same with Grayson (I would assume with Hill leaving OSU and their stable of RBs thinning greatly, OSU may come in after him as well).

There's some good looking athletes on that priority list for TU. Stokes at DE to spell Gipson, Wick, and Lamp some would provide some incredible depth.

Grayson is fairly far down on OSU’s running back wish list. However, if they strike out on their first few targets he would certainly come into play.

Grayson is fairly far down on OSU’s running back wish list. However, if they strike out on their first few targets he would certainly come into play.
Yeah, I get that but this doesn't seem to be a normal year for OSU. If they were in position to only need to take 1-2 RBs, that would be understandable but it seems like they have lost some underclassmen that they may have been counting on so they may end up taking an extra RB. Not sure how Gundy approaches recruiting. I know for 2-3 years they undervalued OL and ended up struggling with depth.

Yeah, I get that but this doesn't seem to be a normal year for OSU. If they were in position to only need to take 1-2 RBs, that would be understandable but it seems like they have lost some underclassmen that they may have been counting on so they may end up taking an extra RB. Not sure how Gundy approaches recruiting. I know for 2-3 years they undervalued OL and ended up struggling with depth.

Unless Gundy gets re-engaged and re-energized there might be some rough times ahead on the horizon for OSU football. The program appears to be a mess right now imo.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT