ADVERTISEMENT

Recap & Video -- Tulsa jumps on Memphis early on way to 95-79 win

Chris Harmon

ITS Publisher
Staff
Aug 15, 2002
Tulsa, OK
tulsa.rivals.com
In a game that seemingly would never end, fast-paced, full-court pressing and foul-happy Memphis was no match for DaQuan Jeffries and a determined Tulsa.

Jeffries scored a career-high 25 points to go with a team-high eight rebounds, and added three blocks, three assists and two steals to lead Tulsa to a convincing 95-79 victory over Memphis on Wednesday night in front of 4,018 fans at the Reynolds Center.

LINK: Game recap & video

Reactions: TUMe and Gmoney4WW
In a game that seemingly would never end, fast-paced, full-court pressing and foul-happy Memphis was no match for DaQuan Jeffries and a determined Tulsa.

Jeffries scored a career-high 25 points to go with a team-high eight rebounds, and added three blocks, three assists and two steals to lead Tulsa to a convincing 95-79 victory over Memphis on Wednesday night in front of 4,018 fans at the Reynolds Center.

LINK: Game recap & video
Nice of u to mention the upset misinterpretation factor.

Reactions: Larry Lewis
Thanks, Gmoney. I didn't think it was an upset at all. Memphis has played mostly, as I called it in the article, a sissy schedule. No impressive wins. Bad away from home. Lost to OSU by 20.

I wasn't impressed with them at all, although if they are getting refs calls at home, they could be tough there. They score a lot of points because they shoot quickly and their press encourages other teams to shoot quickly. More possessions.

Reactions: Chris Harmon
I didn't think it was an upset at all. Memphis has played mostly, as I called it in the article,
a sissy schedule. No impressive wins. Bad away from home. Lost to OSU by 20.

They score a lot of points because they shoot quickly and their press encourages other
teams to shoot quickly. More possessions.

While not coached nearly as well, they (Memphis) reminded me almost immediately of a
Nolan coached team....Strong, pressing defense out on the front line, but vulnerable on the
back end....Of course, they didn't have Paul Pressey out on the point of that defense, either...

Memphis has a strong history of keeping their local HS talent at home....Since the Memphis
metro area has been one of the famed BB hotbeds, this has not only made them a good,
competitive team through the years, but also has allowed them to retain a strong fan base......

I'm afraid that we (TU) has fared very poorly with both during the last several years...I think
fans are much more attracted to local players that they probably followed in High School....
Sadly, in the short run, the Tulsa area has turned out a lot of really good players for other
programs, but few (if any) for us....

Thanks, Gmoney. I didn't think it was an upset at all. Memphis has played mostly, as I called it in the article, a sissy schedule. No impressive wins. Bad away from home. Lost to OSU by 20.

I wasn't impressed with them at all, although if they are getting refs calls at home, they could be tough there. They score a lot of points because they shoot quickly and their press encourages other teams to shoot quickly. More possessions.
Yeah, I think we'll both end up around 9-9 or 10-8 which means they'll lose a bunch second half.

Lol you’re just envious because of all the NBA experience on their coaching staff. :)

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT