ADVERTISEMENT

Real Question: How Many?

Don’t believe we win any road games. We have a chance on the following home games imo

Temple
SMU
WSU
USF
ECU

Think we win 3 of these. Maybe 4.

Last edited:
Reactions: seniorgolfer
Tulane could come in second in the conference. They are good.
I rarely make predictions because I am a little superstitious about that.

But this season is meaningless so what the heck.

I think we end the season with 6 wins most likely.

However if we get a surprise win tomorrow I revise my prediction to 9 wins total.

Can any of you historians tell me the fewest games Tulsa has ever won in a season?

My prediction is whatever it takes to miraculously win the conference tournament.

Of course I may be influenced by pain meds today.

Reactions: loca2874
So it looks like 5 wins is the worst on record in a comparable amount of games. Wow, this might be the worst team, competitive wise, that Tulsa has fielded. Ever.

So it looks like 5 wins is the worst on record in a comparable amount of games. Wow, this might be the worst team, competitive wise, that Tulsa has fielded. Ever.
I agree. Though it is hard to "like" that.

A 5 win season in the AAC may be a little different than a 5 win season in the WAC or C-USA. But doesn’t make much difference. We all knew we would not have many wins with the roster we had. The only hope I had was that KES would return to being a 4 star player like he was and that Dalger would be a top 3 player on the team. Both have failed significantly to this point. Nikita goes down and the Freshman are still not playing like they do in practice. Pritchard may have the worst PG A/T ratio in the AAC and we have only one rebounder.

Pray for a great April 🙂

A 5 win season in the AAC may be a little different than a 5 win season in the WAC or C-USA. But doesn’t make much difference. We all knew we would not have many wins with the roster we had. The only hope I had was that KES would return to being a 4 star player like he was and that Dalger would be a top 3 player on the team. Both have failed significantly to this point. Nikita goes down and the Freshman are still not playing like they do in practice. Pritchard may have the worst PG A/T ratio in the AAC and we have only one rebounder.

Pray for a great April 🙂
But that would mean 1 AAC win. 1.

• Wow
Reactions: I.I.
The 1976-77 team finished 6-21. Might have been worse than this team.

I’ll have to ask my Dad about the 76-77 team.

He’s been a fan since the Joe Swank days.

His assessment…

TU’s best teams - Nolan’s teams after the NIT championship

His favorite TU coaches - Ken Hayes and Bill Self

TU’s worst teams - The Jim King years, until this year’s team. He would tell you that this year’s team isn’t really even a team, because of all of the missing pieces.

He’s older…so he’s stopped watching (kinda sad).

I’ll have to ask my Dad about the 76-77 team.

He’s been a fan since the Joe Swank days.

His assessment…

TU’s best teams - Nolan’s teams after the NIT championship

His favorite TU coaches - Ken Hayes and Bill Self

TU’s worst teams - The Jim King years, until this year’s team. He would tell you that this year’s team isn’t really even a team, because of all of the missing pieces.

He’s older…so he’s stopped watching (kinda sad).
No question the best team ever at TU was Nolans 2nd year, at least until David Brown tore his ACL.
Favorite coach- Tubby no questions!
Worst Coach-Wojik hands down (Not the worst coach but how could anyone like)
Worst Team: This year may win the battle. 76-77 was bad although the year Phillips got fired was ugly bad :03-04 team

I think 03/04 was at least as bad. I was 6 years old and didn't follow basketball for a few more years in 76..

But who cares if 76/77, 03/04, or 22/23 is the worst. Being in the bottom 3 is bad enough. What does it matter what order anybody wants to rank them. I'm over this about like @Li'l Eric Coley is over whatever scheme we use on the football team.

• Haha
Reactions: TU_BLA
All the Jim King’s year were bad. When Nolan brought his Juco team plus Anderson from another Juco it was instant winning. A lot of fun

I only see us winning 2 or 3 more games. My best guesses would be the home games vs. SMU, USF, and ECU.

If I'm being honest though, I could see us not win another game.

I only see us winning 2 or 3 more games. My best guesses would be the home games vs. SMU, USF, and ECU.

If I'm being honest though, I could see us not win another game.
SMU is a bit optimistic and would require improving upon last game's improvements.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
I don't even care really, because the majority of the players here contributing to this horrible record won't be back. Next season will be a clean slate and hopefully the stench of Haith will be gone. Bring it on.

Reactions: drboobay
The only team we should not be able to beat is UH.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT