ADVERTISEMENT

Ragin' Cajuns

Babe the Blue Ox

I.T.S. Defensive Coordinator
Oct 3, 2001
Is it Louisiana-Lafayette, Southwest Louisiana, or just Louisiana? They've gone through some name changes.

They like to be called that but they never officially will be as long as UL Monroe has a say about it.

Apparently it's a point of some contention between the two schools.

The Cajuns have some speed but wasn't that impressed watching the bowl game they were in last season. As a team they are pretty average overall, should know more when they play tonight. The team Tulsa needs to be worried about right now though is Toledo. Their offense can just march down the field on you. Can see Tulsa having problems stopping them on defense. Tulsa will have to out score them to win.

Last edited:
Cajuns currently playing SE Louisiana tonight a 6:00pm on ESPN

Last edited:
Don’t have the Oolala game on but following on game tracker. They are struggling against SELA and gave up a punt return TD already to be tied 14-14.

Should be a good team to open at home against.

Also good defense for our offense. Lala is now tied 21-21 and SELA hasn’t event attempted a pass.

And gave up 215 yards on the ground despite SELA only attempting 8 passes

With that said don’t be surprised if we run a lot next week and don’t throw much. Much to the unsatisfaction of those on here.

In all honesty, I'm happy to see whatever works. President clearly isn't very accurate on the long ball, so I'm fine seeing us run as much as we can (as long as it's working).

Reactions: cmullinsTU
In all honesty, I'm happy to see whatever works. President clearly isn't very accurate on the long ball, so I'm fine seeing us run as much as we can (as long as it's working).

I didn’t mean that directed at you, sorry for not being clear. Just meant that some on here will complain if we don’t pass the vertical ball or a ton next week even if we don’t have to and blow them out.

In AAC news ECU is getting it handed to them AT home to FCS JMU. Down 34-7 with 2:30 to go. JMU’s last TD was on 60-70 yard run up the middle while they attempt to run out the clock.

Reactions: goldenhurricane2
Now tied at 42. SELA with 266 rushing yards avging 6.1 yards per attempt

I watched the end of the SELA/ULL game... We should be able to run the ball next weekend. ULL couldn't stop SELA's rushing attack.

ULL isn't very good. We should be able to do about whatever we want on offense. Hopefully we work on those things we will need to win at Toledo and in conference....the passing game. Perfect opponent for an offense and QB who needs some confidence prior to a big road game.

I thought they were officially LALA? They just had a big movie about them come out last year, I didn't see it but I think it was about the struggles to make it in life on campus. I don't follow pop culture very closely, but I think they are into jazz and singing. Something like that. It won all kind of awards.

LALA Campus was a big deal.

They ended last season with an honorable mention specifying "FA(not I)U." Which made me chuckle.

Shouldn't the bottom 10 be out for week 1 (Tuesdays)? I can't ever find a direct link on ESPNs website for the Bottom 10, since they removed it from the "rankings" index. Jerks.

Tulsa won't stop ULL but if Tulsa gets its offensive game going they won't stop TU either. It'll be whoever scores the most.

Tulsa won't stop ULL but if Tulsa gets its offensive game going they won't stop TU either. It'll be whoever scores the most.

So you're implying that our defense is on par with SE Louisiana's defense? Because that's basically what happened to them.

Tulsaeye...that is the DUMBEST post on the board I've ever read.

I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

Saying our defense is on par with SE Louisiana is just idiotic.

Reactions: JesseTU

You forget the part where we are now all dumber for having read it

What, no Baylor in the bottom ten? Dude missed out on a really ripe pile of crap that was Liberated by Liberty.

Sorry to continue the off topic, but this is classic. The whole thing is solid (makes fun of Kiffin, the entirety of Texas, "Minute Rice" owls, U Can't, and an honorable mention for UAB even though they won... the heartless monster). But this has to be painful for an ECU fan:

3. EC-Yew (0-1)
i
On Saturday afternoon, I was standing in the tunnel as the Oklahoma Sooners ran off the field following their 56-7 shellacking of UTEP. I was looking at scores on my phone and had just seen that East Carolina was already down 7-0 to James Madison. Suddenly and perfectly coincidentally, I got a poke, a wink and a point from new Sooners assistant coach Ruffin McNeill as he walked by. The good people of Greenville, North Carolina, rightfully rank his firing from ECU somewhere between root canals without Novocain and mustard-based barbecue.

Also, the Baylor Bears are in the #5 spot along with Texas. In fact, it is all football in the entire state of Texas. Which is nice.

I never compared Tulsa's defense to SE Louisiana's. I was talking about the Cajuns. I watched the SELA vs ULL and neither team could stop the other. In fact SELA almost beat ULL. Just showed how bad both team's defense was. ULL being an FBS team should have been able to stop SELA better since SELA is FCS. Tulsa should beat ULL but I doubt Tulsa will stuff ULL on defense. If TU does I can eat some crow.

Last edited:
I never compared Tulsa's defense to SE Louisiana's. I was talking about the Cajuns. I watched the SELA vs ULL and neither team could stop the other. In fact SELA almost beat ULL. Just showed how bad both team's defense was. ULL being an FBS team should have been able to stop SELA better since SELA is FCS. Tulsa should beat ULL but I doubt Tulsa will stuff ULL on defense. If TU does I can eat some crow.

Again, this is a RIDICULOUS POST. Oh a D2 team couldn't stop a D1 team? FREAKING SHOCKER I KNOW. You need to go join skip Bayless at whatever crap TV show he's on now and spare us your drivel.

Pats fan needs more than a damn Snickers. I need a hug, a cold currs light, and a big TU win tomorrow.

Reactions: TU_BLA
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT