ADVERTISEMENT

Rader Article

I certainly like St. Senator(R-Tulsa) David Rader's letter to the editor more than Clancy's op-ed piece which sounded kind of like what you would hear from public tv's semi-annual beg-a-thon. Maybe we'll get some Republican butts in the seats or older TU fans who haven't shown up lately.

Reactions: Tulsafanzz
Nice piece - TU is really good full steam ahead with its push. It’ll be interesting to see how it all shakes out on Saturday.

I certainly like St. Senator(R-Tulsa) David Rader's letter to the editor more than Clancy's op-ed piece which sounded kind of like what you would hear from public tv's semi-annual beg-a-thon. Maybe we'll get some Republican butts in the seats or older TU fans who haven't shown up lately.
Clancy’s article was just gobbledygook jaron, like a bad PhD dissertation. I couldn’t tell what most of it even meant. And I fell asleep like 20% of the way through. Where is marketing when you need them??

Reactions: TU 1978
Clancy’s was important when you think about the pressure that faculty has put on athletics over the last few years. It was as much an endorsement of athletics to the people that matter at TU as it was an ad to the city in my opinion.

I loved it like I do all his editorials.

Rader was basically I'm still kinda mad I was fired but go to games anyway, readers.

I rarely disagree with Junkie, but I do here. I have felt an underlying resentment from Dave Rader over his dismissal for many years. But this editorial was a straight forward appeal to support TU & Tulsa. It emphasized their mutual benefit. Yes, he threw in a line about his dismissal, but I didn’t take it in a negative way at all.

I like that Clancy wrote an editorial supportive of athletics, but I believe Rader’s comments will be relatable to a much wider audience.

I rarely disagree with Junkie, but I do here. I have felt an underlying resentment from Dave Rader over his dismissal for many years. But this editorial was a straight forward appeal to support TU & Tulsa. It emphasized their mutual benefit. Yes, he threw in a line about his dismissal, but I didn’t take it in a negative way at all.

I like that Clancy wrote an editorial supportive of athletics, but I believe Rader’s comments will be relatable to a much wider audience.
Dave Rader is still highly-regarded in Tulsa. If we could get that from BB I think it would go a long way too.

I would like to see something from someone like Brewer. Another local former player who stayed home and represented his city. I like the positive push/appeal that is going on.

They will hopefully do the same with basketball. Maybe have Nolan or another retired coach/player with local ties do it the way Rader did?

Happy to see TU doing some things to promote the program. Especially the grassroots type stuff.

I would like to see something from someone like Brewer. Another local former player who stayed home and represented his city. I like the positive push/appeal that is going on.

They will hopefully do the same with basketball. Maybe have Nolan or another retired coach/player with local ties do it the way Rader did?

Happy to see TU doing some things to promote the program. Especially the grassroots type stuff.

Brewer would be great and so would Popsey Floyd. He’s with TPD now and specifically works with connecting communities over near 61st and Peoria.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT