ADVERTISEMENT

📝 Larry Lewis QB update: Brin ready to take reins of TU offense

Another great article Larry. Davis appears to have all the physical and mental tools to be a great QB. I’m so looking forward to watching him “operate” this season.

We’ve been waiting 2 years for this. While watching summer practice back in 2019, you could just tell that Zach Smith looked like *a* quarterback but Davis Brin looked like *the* quarterback.

Just wish the coaches would have seen the same thing.

Reactions: TU 1978 and TULOYAL
I really try not to get my hopes up when I think we are about to have a year where we finally take a big step forward with the program because it usually ends with us having a terrible year ( 2013, 2017) but reading about and knowing what we have coming back gives me a lot of hope that this may be one of the most special seasons in TU history . That being said, let’s go Hurricane !

I’m cautiously optimistic on the season. I’m confident the defense will be good. However, even with Brin, I’m not confident the offense will be great. It has looked awful since Dane graduated.

I really hope Brin and Monty prove me wrong though!

Reactions: TULSARISING
Could Brin be the next T J Rubly or Dane Evans? Either one would be great to go along with our strong defense!
I am also looking forward to watching Jordon Ford blasting to the end zone. However we are loaded at RBs.

Reactions: TULSARISING
Could Brin be the next T J Rubly or Dane Evans? Either one would be great to go along with our strong defense!
I am also looking forward to watching Jordon Ford blasting to the end zone. However we are loaded at RBs.
Really looking forward to see Jordon play

I’m cautiously optimistic on the season. I’m confident the defense will be good. However, even with Brin, I’m not confident the offense will be great. It has looked awful since Dane graduated.

Gotta believe that if Brin isn't successful this season it will be due to play calling. He's got veteran groups in the o-line, RB's, and receiving corp that don't lack talent and each of those groups seem to be excited about having him be the guy, which implies to me he can get the job done.

Reactions: TU_BLA
Gotta believe that if Brin isn't successful this season it will be due to play calling. He's got veteran groups in the o-line, RB's, and receiving corp that don't lack talent and each of those groups seem to be excited about having him be the guy, which implies to me he can get the job done.
Yes, it a time to be optimistic without caution. But the excuses have grown old and the weak link is apparent if there is not significant improvement.

Reactions: TULOYAL
I am thinking it's more Monty at this point. Brin gives us a lot of what Dane brought to the QB position and that's enough mobility to give his WRs a chance to get open. I wish Monty would just open the entire playbook and use all of it until the offensive is proven incapable of utilizing the whole thing.

I wish he would have simply turned the playbook over to an offensive coordinator of his choosing and became the game manager that most head coaches are. He's a great guy and I really hope it works out, but Huffy is impying what so many of us believe. Again, fingers crossed & praying for this group of players and coaches.

Reactions: TU_BLA

I would say it was mediocre, not awful, under Zach Smith.

It looked awful with Skipper / President / Boomer though.

Could Brin be another David Johnson? David waited his time behind Paul and had a great senior year. Except we win championship game this time. I remember ECU having a player laying down on nearly every play to slow us down.

Could Brin be another David Johnson? David waited his time behind Paul and had a great senior year. Except we win championship game this time. I remember ECU having a player laying down on nearly every play to slow us down.
As much as I hate to say it we did the exact same thing against Houston when they kicked that 52 yard field goal to beat us. Every play we had a guy down.

As much as I hate to say it we did the exact same thing against Houston when they kicked that 52 yard field goal to beat us. Every play we had a guy down.

It's kinda like politics. Depends on which side did something, as to whether CNN or Fox makes a big deal out of something or mostly ignores it.

Reactions: TUcandoit
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT