ADVERTISEMENT

Pulisic/USMNT/Dortmond

quincy101

I.T.S. Position Coach
Nov 4, 2007
Anyone see C. Pulisic's game winner vs. Stuttgart last Sunday? He works a give & go on the right flank, about 25 yards out from a tough angle & shoots(or maybe it's a cross) a soft liner under pressure that had eyes. Stuttgart goalie leaps but misses it by 6 inches & ball hits just inside the far post & in. Wow! Mexican announcer just said one word: Carrrrrrrrrrumba!!! Should be goal of the week in Bundesliga & in the running for top 10 of season.

Bla, Huffy, someone talk about new guy running US Soccer Fed & new(interim/full-time?) USMNT coach. All I know about US Fed guy is he's talking major increase in $ for all teams-about time if it happens.

Dortmond sucks except for 8-10 guys, including Socratis as the only defenseman worth a bleep.

Guess I'll watch some WC but still hurting from our miserable failure to qualify.

Reactions: TU_BLA
Looked like an off target cross to me but a goal’s a goal. Sucks he’s missing a chance to play in the World Cup. No excuse for us not qualifying.

I don't know anything about these new guys running the show. Lalas mentioned the guy as being along the same ilk as Gulati, so that is not hopeful.

I do like the guys they brought in for the friendlies. Weah is going to be a beast for the US. Bobby Wood looked awful although I am a fan of his.

Dortmund- keeps allowing their best players to transfer out. Pulisic and Ayumebang had some real chemistry when they were on the field together.

Pulisic's goal was impressive. It is not the best goal of the year though. Ronaldo's bicycle in the 1st leg of the UEFA 1/4s vs Juventus wins that award hands down. Maybe the best goal I've ever seen while watching a game.

However, as a LFC fan...LET'S GO REDS!

Reactions: quincy101
" & you'll never walk alone, you'll nev----er walk aloooooone"
However, as a LFC fan...LET'S GO REDS!
. Don't much care for them unless they're hooked up against Man City or Chelsea, then it's excellent futbol. BTW: I meant CP's goal in line for Bundesliga GotY top 10.

" & you'll never walk alone, you'll nev----er walk aloooooone"

. Don't much care for them unless they're hooked up against Man City or Chelsea, then it's excellent futbol. BTW: I meant CP's goal in line for Bundesliga GotY top 10.
Possibly. I am all for individual effort on goals, but watching a play build up and some actual chemistry with some bang bang passing really gets me excited. Watching Man City build an attack from DeBruyne forward is really fun. Bayern always seems to get some great build up as well. More recently, Spurs with Eriksen (one of the more under-rated players in the world, IMO) have shown some nice build up with him, Son, and Kane. Surprisingly, with all their star power, Man United typically struggles with a build up of attack. They usually try to play direct, over the top to Lukaku, or let Alexis break down a couple of defenders to create some space. A lot of high priced talent, not a whole lot of chemistry

As an LFC fan...the addition of Van Dijk has really made a huge difference in their backfield. And Karius has really picked up his play. I'm betting Jurgen Klopp wishes he could play Man City every week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT