ADVERTISEMENT

Program Measure of Success

shon46

I.T.S. Defensive Coordinator
Sep 16, 2008
UK
I know lots of threads have been created about Dabo’s Post game speech but just listen to what he says at the 11 min mark of the video. 66 guys on the team have a 3.0. Out of the 208 seniors, 204 have degrees. Juniors that have left early have come back to finish their degree. He said that this group of guys will dominate life because of their amazing character. That in my opinion is building a dynasty and if their was one model that a coach should follow
as the gold standard, Dabo’s model is it!

I know lots of threads have been created about Dabo’s Post game speech but just listen to what he says at the 11 min mark of the video. 66 guys on the team have a 3.0. Out of the 208 seniors, 204 have degrees. Juniors that have left early have come back to finish their degree. He said that this group of guys will dominate life because of their amazing character. That in my opinion is building a dynasty and if their was one model that a coach should follow
as the gold standard, Dabo’s model is it!
I said the other day that Dabo is creating the culture and expectation and players are holding each other accountable to those standards. When you have players buy in to the ultimate goal, it's easy to recruit players. Dabo's personal faith probably appeals to a lot of student athletes AND their parents. Creating a culture that is one of excellence and results in winning on and off the field, it makes it easier to recruit. You have guys who are sure to make an NFL roster who want to come back and complete their eligibility. Guys at Bama and OU play to leave for the NFL. It's a different culture being created.

Reactions: TU Sepp and shon46
I’m pretty sure that if we had a top 10 recruiting class that the NCAA and ESPN would show up with their version of a proctologist and go deep...

Reactions: TU Sepp
An aside here.. but has anyone noticed how much Clemson’s QB looks like Prince Charming from Shrek... and that goofy dude from Florida Georgia Line?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT