ADVERTISEMENT

Pro-Choice Violence

HuffyCane

I.T.S. Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 25, 2004
Since we are seeing an increasing number of firebombings related to pro-abortion activists, I thought I would just go ahead and create a thread to keep track of them all, since the legacy media is basically ignoring these stories.

Two firefighters injured, $150,000 damage in NY. No pregnant women inside at the time.

No suspects. Presumed peaceful protesters likely involved.

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/...9da26e5e-e669-11ec-babe-cbbbcb6659a2.amp.html

There have been a couple in Oregon in the last month. But this one was a few days ago.

Feel free to add other states. We have plenty of room.

Here’s another last weekend. Naked women interrupting a Catholic mass in Michigan.

How about trying to kill a Supreme Court Justice? He was aided by a liberal group who published Kavanaugh’s home address and names of his kids btw .

Reactions: loca2874
Since we are seeing an increasing number of firebombings related to pro-abortion activists, I thought I would just go ahead and create a thread to keep track of them all, since the legacy media is basically ignoring these stories.

Two firefighters injured, $150,000 damage in NY. No pregnant women inside at the time.

No suspects. Presumed peaceful protesters likely involved.

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/...9da26e5e-e669-11ec-babe-cbbbcb6659a2.amp.html
Did you see that nutcase that climbed the building in OKC today ?

Now go back and publish the folks who attacked abortion clinics, doctors and patients and we’ll call it even.

Now go back and publish the folks who attacked abortion clinics, doctors and patients and we’ll call it even.
Not minimizing any of that. And the point of this thread is that the coverage should be even as you request. But it’s not …

Not minimizing any of that. And the point of this thread is that the coverage should be even as you request. But it’s not …
Had a fire set at an abortion clinic that was under construction near me two weeks ago. I feel that "Pro-Life" violence is much more prevalent and has a much longer history.

• Haha
Reactions: URedskin54
Had a fire set at an abortion clinic that was under construction near me two weeks ago. I feel that "Pro-Life" violence is much more prevalent and has a much longer history.
I think that’s fair. However, trying to murder a Supreme Court Justice certainly is an alarming escalation. I do believe pro-abortion violence will increase as restrictions are enacted. I also believe everyone here condemns violence on both sides.

I think that’s fair. However, trying to murder a Supreme Court Justice certainly is an alarming escalation. I do believe pro-abortion violence will increase as restrictions are enacted. I also believe everyone here condemns violence on both sides.
But you don’t have to condemn it until there’s coverage of it, do you? 😉

I think political violence has been far too normalized. It's nothing new though. We can go back to Lincoln, McKinley, Kennedy (John and Bobby), Reagan.

Clinton had a guy shoot 29 rounds from an AK variant at the White House, and a guy Fly a Plane at the White House.

Obama had rifle rounds fired at the White House in 2011.

Hillary Clinton + Bill Clinton and Obama recently received pipe bombs in the mail at their residences.

Conservative outlets complain about the silence surrounding the Kavanaugh event, but congress did pass legislation to the president's desk to help protect the justices despite the fact that many attempts have been made on politicians lives over the years (since our last serious case with Reagan) to little fanfare or real public outcry.

Reactions: rusty-c and watu05
I think political violence has been far too normalized. It's nothing new though. We can go back to Lincoln, McKinley, Kennedy (John and Bobby), Reagan.

Clinton had a guy shoot 29 rounds from an AK variant at the White House, and a guy Fly a Plane at the White House.

Obama had rifle rounds fired at the White House in 2011.

Hillary Clinton + Bill Clinton and Obama recently received pipe bombs in the mail at their residences.

Conservative outlets complain about the silence surrounding the Kavanaugh event, but congress did pass legislation to the president's desk to help protect the justices despite the fact that many attempts have been made on politicians lives over the years (since our last serious case with Reagan) to little fanfare or real public outcry.
Yeah. You need to learn to rely on more than the information you choose to passively absorb. You think the last serious attempt on a Presidents life was 40 years ago because that’s what they want you to think. So all the nuts out there don’t get any ideas.

The last serious case was the Phillipines incident with President Trump. Or that guy with the forklift that tried to kill him in North Dakota.

The pipe bomb in 2015 with ricin in it sent to Obama was obviously not serious.

And that’s before we start talking about fighting the Gulf War because Saddam failed in his attempt to kill 43.

Or the guy just the other day that just tried to kill W after entering the country illegally on the southwest border with false ID, settling in Columbus Ohio, then smuggling a few Iraqi accomplices through Mexico into Texas.

Or the guy that threw the grenade at him.

There’s a lot of crazy out there. Chuck Schumer warning that conservatives are “going to pay” and Biden refusing to condemn violence doesn’t help.

Last edited:
Yeah. You need to learn to rely on more than the information you choose to passively absorb. You think the last serious attempt on a Presidents life was 40 years ago because that’s what they want you to think. So all the nuts out there don’t get any ideas.

The last serious case was the Phillipines incident with President Trump. Or that guy with the forklift that tried to kill him in North Dakota.

The pipe bomb in 2015 with ricin in it sent to Obama was obviously not serious.

And that’s before we start talking about fighting the Gulf War because Saddam failed in his attempt to kill 43.

Or the guy just the other day that just tried to kill W after entering the country illegally on the southwest border with false ID, settling in Columbus Ohio, then smuggling a few Iraqi accomplices through Mexico into Texas.

Or the guy that threw the grenade at him.

There’s a lot of crazy out there. Chuck Schumer warning that conservatives are “going to pay” and Biden refusing to condemn violence doesn’t help.
I was talking about domestic events that were similar to what we witnessed with Kavanaugh. We can’t easily control what foreign nationals in other countries do or think about our politicians.

My point was, that the huge hissy fit about kavanaugh is ironic considering all of the other attempts on politicians lives within our own country. It’s not like Biden was out there inviting his crazy supporters to the Capitol to use violence As a tool for his own political gain. (And to threaten the lives of many politicians at once). And then after he did that his base completely ignored the seriousness Of the event.

Hmmm…. Where could I have heard about something like that???

Reactions: watu05
An act and an omission in this circumstance are the same thing.

I was talking about domestic events that were similar to what we witnessed with Kavanaugh. We can’t easily control what foreign nationals in other countries do or think about our politicians.

My point was, that the huge hissy fit about kavanaugh is ironic considering all of the other attempts on politicians lives within our own country. It’s not like Biden was out there inviting his crazy supporters to the Capitol to use violence As a tool for his own political gain. (And to threaten the lives of many politicians at once). And then after he did that his base completely ignored the seriousness Of the event.

Hmmm…. Where could I have heard about something like that???
Surely you understand how Kavanaugh was different. We have extensive security around Presidents and high level politicians to prevent attacks. This protection did not exist around Supreme Court Justices as there was little perceived threat..until now unfortunately. We’ve entered new territory.

The last actual successful attack on politicians to my knowledge was the shooting at the softball game. The secret service does a pretty damn good job of eliminating threats.

Last edited:
It's interesting that keeping track of violence related to the abortion issue has suddenly become of interest after years of the anti-abortion groups using and threatening violence at abortion clinics. Why the sudden interest in the issue?
As far as supporting domestic political violence the relationship between Biden and Trump is a contrast, not even a comparison.
Unfortunately the more people who think that elections are rigged, the more they will resort to other methods of political dissent, including violence.

• Haha
Reactions: URedskin54
It's interesting that keeping track of violence related to the abortion issue has suddenly become of interest after years of the anti-abortion groups using and threatening violence at abortion clinics. Why the sudden interest in the issue?
As far as supporting domestic political violence the relationship between Biden and Trump is a contrast, not even a comparison.
Unfortunately the more people who think that elections are rigged, the more they will resort to other methods of political dissent, including violence.
I assume due to the lack of media attention on the attempted murder of a Supreme Court Justice. An act which was spurred on by the rhetoric from leader of the Senate. An act which to my knowledge has never occurred in this country. An act which was common place by actors like Pablo Escobar in Columbia.

Think about it…the attempted murder of a Supreme Court Justice was on page 20 of the NYTs and not mentioned on the Sunday shows or in a 20 minute late night interview with Biden. Just crazy.

Last edited:
Another one in WA last night. This time an elected legislator’s office.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/south-so...ton-rep-jt-wilcox/YAJOEUWAFRGK5OB22JI3Q5XNDA/

Austin Jenkins N3

@AustinJenkinsN3

·
Jun 13, 2022
This happened at the property management offices of Rep Andrew Barkis who’s been involved in landlord-tenant legislation. House Leader Wilcox says the office is also shared by the House Republican Organizing Committee. Wilcox told me state and local law enforcement contacted

I4iz-qAZ_mini.jpg

Governor Jay Inslee

@GovInslee
Such attempts at violence are abhorrent. We're thankful no one was hurt. Hopefully law enforcement is able to identify these individuals before they inflict any more harm.

Austin Jenkins N3

@AustinJenkinsN3

Update: Olympia PD tells me the attempted arson at Rep. Barkis' company offices was committed by the same individuals who 20 minutes later burglarized an antique shop about a mile away. Police not sure of the connection, but say sometimes one crime is meant as a diversion.
4:53 PM · Jun 14, 2022

I never come to Crossfire. No offense to everyone posting here, but this thread is pointless. Violence has happened on both sides....it needs to stop. The problem with anti- or pro-abortion related violence in particular is that it is hard to know how many of the attacks are being done by people trying to make the other side look bad. I bet it is a real factor.

I never come to Crossfire. No offense to everyone posting here, but this thread is pointless. Violence has happened on both sides....it needs to stop. The problem with anti- or pro-abortion related violence in particular is that it is hard to know how many of the attacks are being done by people trying to make the other side look bad. I bet it is a real factor.
That is one of the points of this thread.

I think the key takeaway from watu here is that violence against people on the right is ok because they deserve it. For commies, the violence is always justified because everything is justified against the bad people.

Last edited:
I think the key takeaway from watu here is that violence against people on the right is ok because they deserve it. For commies, their violence is always justified because everything is justified against the bad people.
Conservatives say, liberals are people with bad ideas.
Liberals say, conservatives are bad people with ideas.

Reactions: drboobay

That is one of the points of this thread.
The acts and mentions of violence is relatively new to the pro choice side, and it is amongst a sea change in the law. The violence on the pro choice side will subside. How much it will subside is another issue. That's why some people become irritated when it gets mentioned, because it pales in comparison to the pro life side's history of violence. History is the key word. Pro choice's history,(of violence) for all intents and purposes, has just started.

Pro choice violence might pale in comparison to the pro life violence that has already happened. Maybe it will put pro life violence in a tiny box, in comparison to future pro choice violence. We just don't know. But mentioning it blow by blow right now, isn't a terribly valid act towards the pro choice peaceful advocates on here.

Of course there is going to be a lot of it at the moment. I guarantee you that if the Supreme Court reversed this decision in a couple of years, the pro choice violence for a limited period of time would increase exponentially. I'm talking about the level of violence from what it was before this law change. That is from where it would increase exponentially on a reversal.

You should expect a negative reaction when mentioning it. What would be your response if someone from the other side tried to do the same.

And if discussions like this are pointless, then why say anything about it to anyone, ever. If you think that someone's mind is made up about every aspect of the issue. why talk about it at all, no matter who the audience is, or where the conversation happens. You would only talk about it with your children, in order to make their mind up, through reasoning, rebellion, or agreement.

Why have debates in congress about the laws related to this issue. Might as well just vote. These conversations make small changes in a few people's minds. Change happens in tiny increments. But changes being slow to happen with someone is no reason to give up on change. Maybe this conversation changes nobody's mind on anything. But the next one might.

That is a pretty defeatist shut down attitude. It takes generations for considerable change to happen. According to that attitude we might as well shut down the law schools, the philosophy and religion depts, political think tanks, and any political forums like this one. How is it that you think change happens. Does it stop in college, or high school? That is a pessimistic viewpoint.

We know you feel this way Henry K..(that debates in crossfire are pointless) No need to mention it every other time you come over here. And I say this not with any ill will towards your viewpoint, it is simply a comment on that type of view, no matter who it comes from.

Last edited:
Conservatives say, liberals are people with bad ideas.
Liberals say, conservatives are bad people with ideas.

I don't know if I quite go this far, but you do maybe see an element of this with the abortion debate. Lots of the comments are about how people like me are not really pro-life, we're "pro-birth" or that "it's not about the babies, it's about control", and the heart of this criticism is a belief that if you don't think exactly the way they do and support exactly the same things they support in exactly the same way then this means you don't actually care. It's not enough to think I'm wrong, even horribly damagingly wrong. It must be the case that I don't care and am making arguments in bad faith. Part of it is hatred, but part of it is being uncomfortable with complexity and wanting a way to easily dismiss the things you disagree with. It is very hard for midwits to move beyond those caricatures.

Last edited:
Surely you understand how Kavanaugh was different. We have extensive security around Presidents and high level politicians to prevent attacks. This protection did not exist around Supreme Court Justices as there was little perceived threat..until now unfortunately. We’ve entered new territory.

The last actual successful attack on politicians to my knowledge was the shooting at the softball game. The secret service does a pretty damn good job of eliminating threats.
Apparently Violence is the new Peaceful Protest. The shooting of Representative Scalise was at a practice for the Annual Congressional Baseball Game. Everyone there was lucky because the presence of Scalise, who is the House Minority Whip, warranted Capitol Police presence because of his title. The rest of the members that were out there do not get a security detail. If Scalise wasn't there then it would have been worse. Both sides have decided that violence on persons, businesses or public spaces are how to do things and is considered acceptable losses according to the protesters. This is absolutely revolting.

Talking about rigged elections, both sides feel the elections are rigged or illegitimate. Americans today, I use this term very loosely now, act like a bunch of entitled children. If the outcome is not what you like then its obviously wrong. Just like going to court. You didn't get the justice you sought so therefore justice wasn't served. Sorry, you cant win every time and your thought process is not always what should happen.

Gun Control, Abortion rights and equality have drastically changed over the last 50 - 60 years. Society has changed several times over this time period as well. What was ok then is not ok now. It seems to me that the only way to get what you want now is to throw a fit. Thats a trash move. I don't care for some things gong on today but I am not going to go riot over it and burn down someone's business because of it. I didn't want Biden in Office, be honest I didn't want Trump either, but I didn't go around and start busting up businesses because of it. They did that after trump was elected. It seems with any decision that was major someone has to get violent because their feelings were hurt.

I want to know what kind of Jobs these people have that they have all of this time to stand outside of the Supreme Court and protest?

Apparently Violence is the new Peaceful Protest. The shooting of Representative Scalise was at a practice for the Annual Congressional Baseball Game. Everyone there was lucky because the presence of Scalise, who is the House Minority Whip, warranted Capitol Police presence because of his title. The rest of the members that were out there do not get a security detail. If Scalise wasn't there then it would have been worse. Both sides have decided that violence on persons, businesses or public spaces are how to do things and is considered acceptable losses according to the protesters. This is absolutely revolting.

Talking about rigged elections, both sides feel the elections are rigged or illegitimate. Americans today, I use this term very loosely now, act like a bunch of entitled children. If the outcome is not what you like then its obviously wrong. Just like going to court. You didn't get the justice you sought so therefore justice wasn't served. Sorry, you cant win every time and your thought process is not always what should happen.

Gun Control, Abortion rights and equality have drastically changed over the last 50 - 60 years. Society has changed several times over this time period as well. What was ok then is not ok now. It seems to me that the only way to get what you want now is to throw a fit. Thats a trash move. I don't care for some things gong on today but I am not going to go riot over it and burn down someone's business because of it. I didn't want Biden in Office, be honest I didn't want Trump either, but I didn't go around and start busting up businesses because of it. They did that after trump was elected. It seems with any decision that was major someone has to get violent because their feelings were hurt.

I want to know what kind of Jobs these people have that they have all of this time to stand outside of the Supreme Court and protest?
I don't personally advocate for violence when there are other means of recourse. But at what point are you allowed to be fed up with a system that disservices your social, civil, or economic existence to the point that civil unrest is validated? At what point is it valid to move from civil unrest to full on revolution? Evidently, our founding fathers had a pretty low tolerance for governmental usurpation with representation that didn't exist or wasn't effectual.

I think there is a point, at which dissatisfaction justifies disobedience. That's not to say that the disobedience will be done without consequence, but that the consequences are viewed as less punitive than the implications of keeping the status quo.

In all honesty, that is what the Declaration of Independence is inherently arguing. (Though it does it much more eloquently. )

--That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Last edited:
It needs to stop is the message that should be broadcast. There will always be differences, but violence is certainly not the answer. Society today, or at least the vocal fringe, value ideals over human life and that is tragic. Neither side is without blame in most disagreements, we should just hope that neither has blood on their hands as part of the resolution.

The repercussions of the decision are completely unknown both from the civil peace and political perspective. Many different situations could evolve including several that might displease pro life voters. It has been 50 years since abortion was prohibited in some locations. I wonder how women will react as they, their friends and their daughters deal with this new landscape. How might it change political views? Can Democrats gain traction in pro life states if they skirt this issue? Lots of different and contradictory outcomes possible.

I don't personally advocate for violence when there are other means of recourse. But at what point are you allowed to be fed up with a system that disservices your social, civil, or economic existence to the point that civil unrest is validated? At what point is it valid to move from civil unrest to full on revolution? Evidently, our founding fathers had a pretty low tolerance for governmental usurpation with representation that didn't exist or wasn't effectual.

I think there is a point, at which dissatisfaction justifies disobedience. That's not to say that the disobedience will be done without consequence, but that the consequences are viewed as less punitive than the implications of keeping the status quo.

In all honesty, that is what the Declaration of Independence is inherently arguing. (Though it does it much more eloquently. )

--That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security
ie. Jan 6

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT