ADVERTISEMENT

Prevention advice for seniors

Watu3

I.T.S. Senior
Nov 17, 2017
Time article. Seniors at more risk both for contracting and for suffering fatal results.

https://time.com/5794374/coronavirus-seniors/

20860.jpeg

Difficult call on cancelling routine medical and dental appointments. No need to get in a hurry. You can always cancel, but getting back in can mean a distant date. The same conditions still seem need to be monitored.

Last edited:
Reactions: Watu3
Difficult call on cancelling routine medical and dental appointments. No need to get in a hurry. You can always cancel, but getting back in can mean a distant date. The same conditions still seem need to be monitored.

Exactly. I'm a cancer survivor so tracking is key. Unfortunately Medicare's payment model does not yet incorporate telemedicine. Maybe this virus will move things along. I like my doc but during my visits he spends most of his time at a computer asking questions and entering data. We have the technology to do most of that over the in internet. Zip in for a blood draw and it's over.

My basic medicine is exercise. Daily I either swim 1,500 yards, cycle 15-20 miles or do cardio/weights/Tai Chi at the gym. All the advice for old guys that I've seen seems to boil down to 'just keep moving'.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Your routine is far beyond mine. I walk an hour and do machines trying to help my heart without over doing my legs/knees or having a second hernia operation. These are the Golden Years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT