ADVERTISEMENT

Preki, Preki, Preki...boom, boom, boom boom...GGGOOOOOOAAAALLL

Chris Harmon

ITS Publisher
Staff
Aug 15, 2002
Tulsa, OK
tulsa.rivals.com
Here is a video of the USMNT 1-0 victory of Brazil in 1998. The call on Preki's goal is awesome. And how good was Keller in this game? Wow!

So many players on that USMNT that I watched in high school and college...I'm probably around the same age as many of them.
This post was edited on 2/23 3:13 PM by Chris Harmon

USA beats Brazil 1-0

If that doesnt get your heart going, you need nitro pills.

People who watch that now fail to realize that was a competitive match. That wasnt a friendly. That was a Gold Cup semi-final. Brasil brought their first team, minus a player or two who was injured.

And it was payback for the Tab Ramos injury four years before.

And it was the first time US Soccer fans said to themselves -- given the right setting, we can hang. The core of the veterans on the WC 2002 team came of age during that tourney. Its one of the reasons we were so confident and beat Portugal out of the gate.

That Portugal game was awesome...was really unbelievable to see the US dominate such a quality side. It ended 3-2, but one was a late own-goal by US.

If I remember right, that was the game that Brian McBride hit the diving header to go up 3-0, all alone in the box. The service came from the right side, but I can't think of who put in the cross.

GOOSE was above the law, er, out for justice!
steven_seagal_4-19-10.jpg

Sadly, the tool contest is a "you pick 'em". At the time, Eric Wynalda was an outcast on the team in part for refusing to have anything to do with this ....

Victory, for you and me

Thank you Wynalda for standing up for decency. I wish I didn't know that existed. Ugh. Were Harkes and Meola wearing the same red and white striped shirt? Harkes had acid wash jeans on as well, and those old white high-top Reeboks (you remember the ones). I'm sure if I looked at some pictures of myself in 1990, I probably looked like an idiot too.

Man look how far the USMNT has come in 22 years.

OMG, my eyes, my eyes !!!! I couldn't get past the first 30 seconds. Clearly the sequel to the Top Gun volleyball scene.

Alls I know is that I stood up for what was right back then by never, EVER wearing/purchasing Reebok high-tops. I thought those things were so totally ghey that I have never purchased anything Reebok. I will take this hardline stance to my grave.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT