ADVERTISEMENT

Predictions for how the season will go

There won’t be any games. The virus just spreads too easily from football. I’m extremely confident it will be cancelled at least in the AAC.

season starts March 1, 2021
one OOC - TU @ OSU
then conference season against only West
playoff for AAC title
only 6 major bowl games, including one NC game
6 game season, 7 with conference title
8 with bowl
season ends last week of April

The NCAA will put football before everything else. All Olympic sports including basketball will be cancelled with football moved to the spring.

It just seems like they've already made their decision. The schools are investing hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars to test these players on a regular basis and to help with the imposition of social distancing / increased cleanliness practices. If we honestly thought there would be no football, none of the schools would be footing that bill.

If they weren't going to have football they should have never brought players back to campus (same goes for BB)

It just seems like they've already made their decision. The schools are investing hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars to test these players on a regular basis and to help with the imposition of social distancing / increased cleanliness practices. If we honestly thought there would be no football, none of the schools would be footing that bill.

If they weren't going to have football they should have never brought players back to campus (same goes for BB)
I’ve talked to multiple college football players and they each doubt that we’ll have a season. They’ve found that these offseason programs just lead to too many positive cases that they won’t be able to handle a season.

I’ve talked to multiple college football players and they each doubt that we’ll have a season. They’ve found that these offseason programs just lead to too many positive cases that they won’t be able to handle a season.
Cool story bro.

Too bad they try to be politically corect instead of looking at data.

Some very stupid comments in this thread.

I will make my own: maybe we can beat Houston 100-6.

Last edited:
Stanford cut 11 sports for the fall, including wrestling.
They still have 25 but, not a good sign.
Actually I think the cuts go into effect after the 2020-2021 school year. One reaction on Twitter was "Director's Cup is now in play for a lot more schools". Only 3 of the programs, IMO, were major shocks. Wrestling, men's volleyball, and field hockey. They cut some lightweight crew but appears they left their regular crew program is intact on the women's side. (Lightweight, everyone in the boat has to be <= 125 lbs.) Stanford also doesn't give "Athletic scholarships" a la the Ivy League. They call them something else.

When a P5 school says they can't play football this year because of COVID that's when you'll see everyone else follow suit. I am going to guess it's going to be one of the Florida schools. Miami and Gainesville are parts of the new hot spots in FL. Miami is nearly out of ICU beds. And the Gov. of Florida has his head so far up Trump's a$$ he refuses to pass a mask order. At least Abbott in TX finally passed one a week ago.

So what the NBA and NHL are doing is creating internal bubbles for their restart locations. Once a team is in the "bubble" they are to remain there and I don't think outsiders are allowed in. In the NHL, at least in the eastern half where teams are assigned to Toronto, there are two hotels being used for the 12 teams. 5 teams (the top 5 in the east: Boston, Philadelphia, Washington, Tampa Bay, and Pittsburgh) are in Hotel X and once in they can't leave except for the games. Tightly controlled. Colleges will not be able to do that especially with football players. Clemson had 47 positive tests, Ohio State shut down their voluntary workouts because of double digit positive tests, UNC rolled back their workout start up after 37 players tested positive. Now most of these players will be just fine as the recovery rate for the 18-35 age group is something like 99.999999%. But think of the coaches...Mack Brown has to be pushing 70 at UNC.

Quite honestly, TU could limit attendance to season ticket holders only and we'll see the same crowds we've had the last 5 years.

It is their job. If a coach does not want to risk it, resign. Another up and coming coach will take their place. The morbidity rate is so low that it does not matter how many cases there are.

Well.. DeBlasio and Pelosi told everyone to go about their lives too... Nancy even went to China town...

Sooo...

take it to the political board. Apparently, we can't have a serious conversation about the prospects of the season without upsetting your snowflake tendencies.

one OOC - TU @ OSU
playoff for AAC title
8 with bowl
You know, I have always kind of thought football season would be better in the spring time , perfect weather, right now it’s extremely hot at the beginning and freezing by the end of the season

Idk about Skelly getting hit by a tornado but I've seen pieces of the roof blown off the Don, and the street light banners twisted aroun 90 plus degrees. This was from the storm that dropped the tornado in Sand Springs.
So one day out of the 90 years since it was built, there is some external damage done by forces a tornado caused indirectly on the building next door, on a Friday. I don't even remember any stadium having been hit at least since the 80's, anywhere. There are semi-pro leagues that have their season through the spring in tornado alley, and there is no worry. If anything it would be the increase in thunderstorms(with lightning) that would matter more.

Well at least that reminded me we have the 100 year anniversary coming up in 2030.

So one day out of the 90 years since it was built, there is some external damage done by forces a tornado caused indirectly on the building next door, on a Friday. I don't even remember any stadium having been hit at least since the 80's, anywhere. There are semi-pro leagues that have their season through the spring in tornado alley, and there is no worry. If anything it would be the increase in thunderstorms(with lightning) that would matter more.

Well at least that reminded me we have the 100 year anniversary coming up in 2030.

I wasn't being as serious as you may have thought I was, but yeah, there's a good chance we would have more OSU midnight kickoff type games during a spring season than in the fall.
Depending on when a "spring season" is played.

It’s enough of a threat that the endowed maintenance fund includes funding for the gap between any insurance proceeds and the cost of reconstruction.

I wasn't being as serious as you may have thought I was, but yeah, there's a good chance we would have more OSU midnight kickoff type games during a spring season than in the fall.
Depending on when a "spring season" is played.
I didn't think you were being serious, I just thought it was silly to mention Tornadoes as being a concern.:)(Seeing as how we have lost the tongue out winky face, amongst many other emoticons several months ago.)

Reactions: Hurricane Drummer
Idk about Skelly getting hit by a tornado but I've seen pieces of the roof blown off the Don, and the street light banners twisted aroun 90 plus degrees. This was from the storm that dropped the tornado in Sand Springs.

Trees were blown down just East of TU last night.
Spring would be fine but there’s an increased risk of lightning delays.
I honestly don’t think that weather should be factor.

Yeah, Skelly has been hit by a Tornado how many times since it was built?
It’s not a tornado hitting Skelly as much as debris flying and hitting somebody , btw , most places don’t get hit by a tornado twice, so just because it hasn’t been hit before does not mean it can’t. However, it is extremely unlikely it would, but we would definitely have more storms that would post pone games.

It’s not a tornado hitting Skelly as much as debris flying and hitting somebody , btw , most places don’t get hit by a tornado twice, so just because it hasn’t been hit before does not mean it can’t. However, it is extremely unlikely it would, but we would definitely have more storms that would post pone games.

Signed J. Klein

Reactions: HuffyCane
one OOC - TU @ OSU
playoff for AAC title
8 with bowl
I agree with this

Good luck having the MWC start in spring... their stadiums will be under a foot of snow.

I didn't think you were being serious, I just thought it was silly to mention Tornadoes as being a concern.:)(Seeing as how we have lost the tongue out winky face, amongst many other emoticons several months ago.)
Hurricane warnings are real though.

Reactions: HuffyCane
The have equipment to handle that.
It snows in Oct, Nov, Dec, and Jan so, so a huge change.
It does snow then, but it really tends to dump in the Rockies in March. In Nov / Dec they're less likely to have already developed a snowpack from a full winter of storms.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT