ADVERTISEMENT

Predictions after OU/Texas move...

osu is upset. they are used the riding OU's coattails. now they have to do it on their own

would tu vote no to invite osu into the aac conference since there is a history of osu look down their nose at us?
No. It is in our best interest to have them in the AAC.

Reactions: GoldenCaneKC
OSU's new president and AD were on top of this before they were even on the job. Big 10 is the goal. But falling to the ACC wouldn't be a bad consolation prize--especially for basketball and baseball.

I'm not an OSU fan but how is it OSU misfortune if they end up in a better conference? That's the likely scenario here. They want the Big 10. Most think that's a pipe dream. I say, don't be surprised if it happens. And if is doesn't, the ACC isn't a bad consolation prize--an improvement or at least neutral move in football, basketball and baseball.

For everyone doubting this poster you may want to check the public flight logs for private chartered planes flying in and out of OKC, and Stillwater between Thursday-Sunday of this week.

For everyone doubting this poster you may want to check the public flight logs for private chartered planes flying in and out of OKC, and Stillwater between Thursday-Sunday of this week.
Big 10 accepting OK State would be its downfall and a sign it is desperately talking to schools because it has info to suggest OhIo State and Michigan are going to the SEC.

There is absolutely no reason to justify OSU joining the Big Ten unless Fox is subsidizing the move. But why would they do that while their main competitor is on the hook for $180 million and taking a portion of the Big 12 potentially helps them? Why would they do that while they play footsie with the PAC12. OSU fantasy world stuff, at least at this point. Disinformation to save face at best.

Assumed football teams were flying American directly into Stillwater now.
That'd be news. I know I saw one of their noncons in the Tulsa airport last Fall. It wouldn't surprise me if same noncon stayed in a Tulsa hotel knowing the best you're getting in Stillwater is a Holiday Inn

That'd be news. I know I saw one of their noncons in the Tulsa airport last Fall. It wouldn't surprise me if same noncon stayed in a Tulsa hotel knowing the best you're getting in Stillwater is a Holiday Inn
The Atherton on campus is very nice. Only 69 rooms so I doubt it could accommodate football. I know visiting teams from smaller sports often stay there.

The Atherton on campus is very nice. Only 69 rooms so I doubt it could accommodate football. I know visiting teams from smaller sports often stay there.
They should open The Boone. They could power it through a windmill on the roof and invite guests to light the fireplace each night in the lobby with fake $100.00.

I generally advise against staying in Stillwater longer than you absolutely must...the smell there just boggles the senses.

If you are not playing football in the Eastern or Central time zones you're irrelevant as far as College Football.

With a few exceptions USC, UCLA, Oregon maybe Boise ST.

GO TU!!!!

It's been a few years since I stayed, but The Atherton was a very nice and comfortable stay. I believe they use that facility as a lab environment for their hospitality management students. Beyond that Hampton Inn is likely the best option in town.

Stayed at Atherton before a McKnight center performance and had dinner at the high end steak house there with the titular donors at the table across from our booth.
Great boutique hotel, good food, drinks wine and service.

I came away with a new positive impression of the campus.

Stayed at Atherton before a McKnight center performance and had dinner at the high end steak house there with the titular donors at the table across from our booth.
Great boutique hotel, good food, drinks wine and service.

I came away with a new positive impression of the campus.
I stayed there while interviewing intern candidates 6-7 years ago and was also impressed.

if we want to get into the conference realignment conversation, we need to make ourselves viable;
fill the stadium and bb arena and win, win win

I see two scenarios:

1. AAC plays aggressively and gets what it can from the Big 12 left overs. Realistically, I could see us getting all leftovers except West Virginia. KU is in big trouble because as good as their basketball team is football is so bad no conference would want them except the Big East (if they went independent for football). This scenario is best case for TU.
2. Big 12 picks the most attractive teams from AAC, I assume that’s Houston, Cincinnati, Memphis, and UCF. If this happens, TU is in trouble and will return to a conference C-USA level conference.

Reactions: HuffyCane
My two scenarios greatly over simplify everything that’ll happen in the next 3.5-4 years but I truly don’t see the Big 12 being a conference come 2025.

I see two scenarios:

1. AAC plays aggressively and gets what it can from the Big 12 left overs. Realistically, I could see us getting all leftovers except West Virginia. KU is in big trouble because as good as their basketball team is football is so bad no conference would want them except the Big East (if they went independent for football). This scenario is best case for TU.
2. Big 12 picks the most attractive teams from AAC, I assume that’s Houston, Cincinnati, Memphis, and UCF. If this happens, TU is in trouble and will return to a conference C-USA level conference.
I second that. I keep telling myself scenario #2 is less likely because the TV revenue / school in the Big 12 would be anemic if you take OU / Texas out of the mix... So if that's truly the case, then those school's athletic budgets are going to drop off by 60 to 70%, which makes it more palatable for Cincy, UCF, Houston to stay right where they are. Those schools need their heads checked anyway... They're like the fat chick at the prom who thinks she's super hot when nobody wants to dance with her.

Reactions: HuffyCane
So if that's truly the case, then those school's athletic budgets are going to drop off by 60 to 70%, which makes it more palatable for Cincy, UCF, Houston to stay right where they are

As of today, with what little we know now publicly, that is exactly my thinking. It could change between now and 2025 but I just can’t see any reason Cincy, UCF, or Houston wanting to join the Big 12 now. It won’t be a big revenue increase, if any. And making the move is risky because some of what’s left in the Big 12 may leave later and the conference would fold.

I just can’t see how the Big 12 survives this. The final 8 teams aren’t going to be appealing to Big 10 or PAC 12 IMO.

No chance Big 10 would take OSU given how poor their academics are. And I highly doubt the Big 10 would want to expand into Texas. MAYBE they’d take Kansas if they’re willing to accept one of the worst football programs in the past 2-3 decades but add a basketball program that likely makes them the top basketball conference.

Reactions: TU 1978
I second that. I keep telling myself scenario #2 is less likely because the TV revenue / school in the Big 12 would be anemic if you take OU / Texas out of the mix... So if that's truly the case, then those school's athletic budgets are going to drop off by 60 to 70%, which makes it more palatable for Cincy, UCF, Houston to stay right where they are. Those schools need their heads checked anyway... They're like the fat chick at the prom who thinks she's super hot when nobody wants to dance with her.
I've been saying for since the SEC news hit that if Aresco can convince UCF, Houston, & Cincinnati to just sit tight and let this play out, then they will get to be in the same exact conference with those Big XII teams without having to pay AAC exit fees and Big XII entrance fees. They should have learned that lesson with their transition from C-USA to the AAC. We're all in the same conference we were in before minus Rice and Marshall. And we all paid a lot to get out of one into the other for that privilege of playing all the same teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT