ADVERTISEMENT

Predictions after OU/Texas move...

Actually UCLA and Cal cannot travel to Oklahoma and conduct business because of OkLeg's discrimination laws recently passed. There are some huge sticking points right there. Also, the NCAA is getting ready to pull the WCWS from OKC too because of said law.
Didn’t Texas pass a similar law prohibiting boys from competing against girls?

Actually UCLA and Cal cannot travel to Oklahoma and conduct business because of OkLeg's discrimination laws recently passed. There are some huge sticking points right there. Also, the NCAA is getting ready to pull the WCWS from OKC too because of said law.
Oklahoma is one of 17 states that California has these travel restrictions with. This now includes every state w a BigXII school. It’s typical California wokeness.

Oklahoma is one of many states that California has these travel restrictions with. It’s typical California wokeness.
I asked the question above because Texas is one of many states on California’s no travel list. Yet Cal plays at TCU on Sept 11th. Appears there are exceptions…surprise.

I asked the question above because Texas is one of many states on California’s no travel list. Yet Cal plays at TCU on Sept 11th. Appears there are exceptions…surprise.
California has been doing this for a while. A couple years ago San Diego State played in an NCAA tournament game in Wichita. SDSU had to use private funds to pay for the trip. This is another California political show, with no real disruption to athletic competition. TUBLA should know this.

The Big 12's annual per-school distributions (prior to COVID) were approaching 40 million. In 2020, the AAC paid its highest per-school distribution of 7.5 million to UCF. With the new ESPN/AAC TV contract, the average per-school distribution will be 7 million for all the member schools. Even with OU and UT gone from the Big 12 (which, for the sake of conjecture let's assume it falls by 75% for the sake of hyperbole) the per-school distribution would be somewhere north of $10 million in the Irate 8. The AAC can't poach anyone without ESPN steering the discussion. Aresco needs ESPN to be the catalyst if the AAC is to avoid losing members or seeking to add the collapsing Irate 8 schools. One thing I can't wait to see, is for TCU to eat some humble pie when nobody comes calling. As an undergrad alum from that joke of a university, it gives me pleasure to see their fan base decry ever having anything to do with the lowly AAC when they're no better than SMU and sacrificed their academic offerings to expand their stadium and grease the Big 12 to get in.
Someone is bitter. US News and World Report ranks TCU as #80 in National Universities and Tulsa at #143. Being a Big 12 school has only increased their academic offerings and the quality of their applicants.I have no affiliation with the undergrad side of the school but it to say that they are no better than SMU is just stupid. They are better athletically and they are in the same tier academically. Living the metroplex people don't give a damn about SMU athletics but they do care about TCU. Someone needs to take a pill.

Oklahoma is one of 17 states that California has these travel restrictions with. This now includes every state w a BigXII school. It’s typical California wokeness.
Call it what you want but the blatant discrimination and hate of diversity from the OKLeg is what causes this.

Call it what you want but the blatant discrimination and hate of diversity from the OKLeg is what causes this.
Aren’t we talking about requiring boys play with boys or is there more ? There are 17 other states currently banned by California for similar laws.

Reactions: Tulsafanzz
Someone is bitter. US News and World Report ranks TCU as #80 in National Universities and Tulsa at #143. Being a Big 12 school has only increased their academic offerings and the quality of their applicants.I have no affiliation with the undergrad side of the school but it to say that they are no better than SMU is just stupid. They are better athletically and they are in the same tier academically. Living the metroplex people don't give a damn about SMU athletics but they do care about TCU. Someone needs to take a pill.
Very bitter. Paid 60k to take classes in portable trailers while TCU built up their football stadium; and having a degree from there gave me zero opportunity with local companies. After discovering how useless a degree is from that craphole, I came back to Tulsa and got a grad degree at TU. Had an ACTUAL college experience... Tulsa is 1000x better than TCU ever will be. My bitterness is founded. But I guess your having read a magazine article and living in DFW supersedes my actually having attending the institution for 4 years. Someone needs to shut the hell up, you pathetic ultracrepidarian.

Very bitter. Paid 60k to take classes in portable trailers while TCU built up their football stadium; and having a degree from there gave me zero opportunity with local companies. After discovering how useless a degree is from that craphole, I came back to Tulsa and got a grad degree at TU. Had an ACTUAL college experience... Tulsa is 1000x better than TCU ever will be. My bitterness is founded. But I guess your having read a magazine article and living in DFW supersedes my actually having attending the institution for 4 years. Someone needs to shut the hell up, you pathetic ultracrepidarian.
JerryLaur isn't very good at communicating on a message board. Never has been.

Could just be a prep to swap teams currently in the AAC to a stabilized Big 12 that have a better individualized streaming value than schools like Kansas State. They come down, Cincy goes up.

As for OSU to the PAC12, those laws make a huge difference to the Boards. And even if they didn’t, the prevailing political winds that gives them support makes doing business with Oklahoma distasteful to them. But none of that matters. At what point would anyone in the PAC12 think it’s a good idea to fly out of Oklahoma after a game that kicked off at noon (10am California time) having just played Oklahoma (Level 2) while their players fly home watching Oklahoma (Level 1) play Alabama in Cowboys Stadium in prime time? This is how recruiting plummets. Half of California’s best players leave the State for Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, etc. already. This would do nothing to cure that huge problem and make it even worse. I’ve seen crazier things but I think there’s no way OSU goes to the PAC12 and it’s dummer ‘n hell if it happens.

Could just be a prep to swap teams currently in the AAC to a stabilized Big 12 that have a better individualized streaming value than schools like Kansas State. They come down, Cincy goes up.

As for OSU to the PAC12, those laws make a huge difference to the Boards. And even if they didn’t, the prevailing political winds that gives them support makes doing business with Oklahoma distasteful to them. But none of that matters. At what point would anyone in the PAC12 think it’s a good idea to fly out of Oklahoma after a game that kicked off at noon (10am California time) having just played Oklahoma (Level 2) while their players fly home watching Oklahoma (Level 1) play Alabama in Cowboys Stadium in prime time? This is how recruiting plummets. Half of California’s best players leave the State for Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, etc. already. This would do nothing to cure that huge problem.

FYI Huffy, Florida is on the same long list of states.

Reactions: HuffyCane
"Conspired" is a nasty word. Seems like some in the press are buying the Big 12 narrative.

"Conspired" is a nasty word. Seems like some in the press are buying the Big 12 narrative.
Like when the Big 8 ”conspired“ with UT, TA&M to create the Big 12 (TT and Baylor got to ride along thanks to politics). I don’t like what is happening in college athletics but as far as conferences and schools crying foul they didn’t seem to mind when it was in their favor.

Denial is an early stage of grief and often manifested as fantasy and half truth,
What am I denying? Everything I said in that post is 100 percent true. OSU and ISU have known this was coming for a few months. They tried to warn Big 12 it was coming. They were blown off. Knowing this wasn't going to end well for the Big 12, they have been working together for a while to join the Big 10. That might not be the outcome, but that's what happened.

And now with this cease and desist from Bowlby, it's essentially a CYA play because they got caught with their pants down.

Didn’t Texas pass a similar law prohibiting boys from competing against girls?
Big 10 or AAC would be a much better fit for OSU.

PAC 12? They just may end up woking themselves out of relevence. You only have to look at the governor.

OSU can do better.

PAC 12? They just may end up woking themselves out of relevence. You only have to look at the governor.

OSU can do better.
Naw.

Pac 12 will likely stand pat. They would have to drop their "Ivy League of the West" mentality to maybe add 2 or 3 Texas schools. OSU is not interested in Pac 12 (probably third choice behind Big 10 and ACC).

Big 10 will drop their AAU requirements to keep up with the SEC and add OSU, ISU and maybe KU but I think KU to ACC is more likely.

OSU can do better.
OSU will jump on any P4 offer as will the remaining 7 Big12 schools. Agree that the PAC12 would be third on the wish list. However, if Tech would accompanying OSU the PAC12 might move ahead of the ACC. Big10 is the clear #1 option and would be a game changer for the University on many levels. Desperate times my friend.

A week ago I thought the AAC would come out weaker as the result of the SEC expansion. I’ve done a 180 on my thinking. The AAC might just stand to gain the most outside the SEC

OSU's new president and AD were on top of this before they were even on the job. Big 10 is the goal. But falling to the ACC wouldn't be a bad consolation prize--especially for basketball and baseball.
Some of us here relish OSU misfortune. For example me.
I'm not an OSU fan but how is it OSU misfortune if they end up in a better conference? That's the likely scenario here. They want the Big 10. Most think that's a pipe dream. I say, don't be surprised if it happens. And if is doesn't, the ACC isn't a bad consolation prize--an improvement or at least neutral move in football, basketball and baseball.

i hate politics in sports.

Reactions: 4tu2
OSU will jump on any P4 offer as will the remaining 7 Big12 schools. Agree that the PAC12 would be third on the wish list. However, if Tech would accompanying OSU the PAC12 might move ahead of the ACC. Big10 is the clear #1 option and would be a game changer for the University on many levels. Desperate times my friend.

A week ago I thought the AAC would come out weaker as the result of the SEC expansion. I’ve done a 180 on my thinking. The AAC might just stand to gain the most outside the SEC
What’s crazy is a week ago I was very confident in how this would turn out: with OSU needing a home and OSU needing TU more than TU needing OSU. I just couldn’t believe what people were explaining to me at the time. It ran counter to everything I understood about how the game operates. Which was Crazytown to think of at the time. Now I am not so sure. I half expect Boone Pickens to go on live CNN and announce they’ve finalized a deal with the Angelic 12.

Reactions: goldfan83
nobody is discriminating against anybody. changing your hair, putting on a dress and act any way you want, doesn't make you a girl.

Never have I ever met anyone who cared about TCU, nor have I met a TCU grad who did anything of merit. We always called TCU a party / backup school for people in the Dallas Metro.

Never have I ever met anyone who cared about TCU, nor have I met a TCU grad who did anything of merit. We always called TCU a party / backup school for people in the Dallas Metro.

The Big 8 is moribund. See ya at the funeral.

Liked twice because TCU is twice as bad as most people think.

Hearing there’s a Big12 have nots conference call with the league commish tomorrow. Topic is keeping the schools together as a conference and adding replacements for OU and UT. Commish wants to keep his job :)

Pac 12 will likely stand pat. They would have to drop their "Ivy League of the West" mentality to maybe add 2 or 3 Texas schools. OSU is not interested in Pac 12 (probably third choice behind Big 10 and ACC).

Big 10 will drop their AAU requirements to keep up with the SEC and add OSU, ISU and maybe KU but I think KU to ACC is more likely.
Washington State is no where near Ivy league status.

Go TU!!!!

osu is upset. they are used the riding OU's coattails. now they have to do it on their own

would tu vote no to invite osu into the aac conference since there is a history of osu look down their nose at us?

would tu vote no to invite osu into the aac conference since there is a history of osu look down their nose at us?

The 8 game home and home series is a pretty good indication that the relationship between the schools has improved.

It took quite a few year to fill the hole that Keith Burns dug for us.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT