ADVERTISEMENT

Prayers for GameParson

TU1NNJ

I.T.S. Head Coach
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2004
For those of you that don’t know, GameParson is a former TU football player from the late 70’s and early 80’s. He also had a son that played at TU several years ago.

The GameParson currently is in the hospital following a stem cell transplant. His disease is public knowledge and his Son has been keeping his church family and friends updated on Facebook. If you believe in the power of prayer please lift him and his family up at this time.

Thank you. 🙏

For those of you that don’t know, GameParson is a former TU football player from the late 70’s and early 80’s. He also had a son that played at TU several years ago.

The GameParson currently is in the hospital following a stem cell transplant. His disease is public knowledge and his Son has been keeping his church family and friends updated on Facebook. If you believe in the power of prayer please lift him and his family up at this time.

Thank you. 🙏
Will do. Prayers to GameParson, his family and the doctors treating him.

Thank you. 🙏
Thanks for posting this TU1NNJ. I will be praying for GameParson.

Appreciate everyone's prayers and well wishes. After a week of intense chemo designed to kill all my bone marrow, last Wednesday I received a transplant of my brother's stem-cells. I am now in day 3 of 100 days of isolation in the KU-Med Center waiting for the hopefully successful engraftment of those cells. I should get to finish that 100 days at home after about 3 weeks in hospital. Anyway, Tulsa football and this board have and continue to be a much appreciated distraction.

I have a great - but as TU fans you guys understand - "guarded" optimism about this years team. They have surprised me in many ways and certainly could - I think should - be 4-0. But a big win today against Cincy and a great run through the conference would sure be a lot of fun. My son and I will be watching tonight from my hospital room.

By the way, a couple of you know my brother played at K-State and had a couple of seasons with Chiefs. We have been told if this is all successful in a few weeks if you looked at my blood it would literally have his DNA. Frankly, my son and I have been a little worried about what other traits of my brother might be transferred to me, but I am happy to report thus far that I have had zero desire to wear purple or cheer for the Wildcats.

Last edited:
Appreciate everyone's prayers and well wishes. After a week of intense chemo designed to kill all my bone marrow, last Wednesday I received a transplant of my brother's stem-cells. I am now in day 3 of 100 days of isolation in the KU-Med Center waiting for the hopefully successful engraftment of those cells. I should get to finish that 100 days at home after about 3 weeks in hospital. Anyway, Tulsa football and this board have and continue to be a much appreciated distraction.

I have a great - but as TU fans you guys understand - "guarded" optimism about this years team. They have surprised me in many ways and certainly could - I think should - be 4-0. But a big win today against Cincy and a great run through the conference would sure be a lot of fun. My son and I will be watching tonight from my hospital room.

By the way, a couple of you know my brother played at K-State and had a couple of seasons with Chiefs. We have been told if this is all successful in a few weeks if you looked at my blood it would literally have his DNA. Frankly, my son and I have been a little worried about what other traits of my brother might be transferred to me, but I am happy to report thus far that I have had zero desire to wear purple of cheer for the Wildcats.
Prayers for you! Two of my grandsons underwent the same treatment a couple of years ago and it has been going well. Certainly not easy, but your optimism will get you through it. We have no idea who the donor was, but curly hair is now a thing for them. Stay blessed and strong!

Reactions: TU1NNJ
Hahaha with modern medicine you would think they would have a way to filter out those undesirable traits like pulling for KSU and the Chiefs.

Prayers for you. 🙏🏼

GameParson, prayers and positive thoughts for you as you go through the 100 days and beyond.
I grew up a 10 minute walk from KU Medical Center on the Missouri side of State Line Road. My parents still live in the house.
Hope you and your son watch a Tulsa victory tonight.

GameParson, how are you doing? We’re still praying for you.
Bill - I just saw a post he made on his Church website. He noted that he completed his 100 day post transplant isolation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT