ADVERTISEMENT

Philip Montgomery

I don't think its so much the number of wins but rather why did he lose in the losses. If we are losing because we are near last in NCAA for penalties, kick coverage yardage, punt return yardage, stupid clock management, and delay of game after timeouts, etc. then I think he needs at least 8 wins. With 8 wins, it's hard to remove a guy no matter how much buffoonery goes on. If we don't improve on the aforementioned ridiculousness that everyone notices but him, then even 6 wins should get him the boot. Oh yeah, if it somehow becomes clear that he has placed the best player at any position at third string (like he did at QB last year) then let's cut our losses halfway through the season.

He got an extension, but they did not release the details, including the length. I thought I had heard somewhere that it was two or three years. But I could be imagining things, besides not remembering if it was tow(intentional typing mistake) or three years.

Reactions: TULSARISING
He got an extension, but they did not release the details, including the length. I thought I had heard somewhere that it was two or three years. But I could be imagining things, besides not remembering if it was tow(intentional typing mistake) or three years.
So, my answer on how likely he is to be back next year has a lot to do with how many years he has left on his contract and what his buyout is. Same things that influenced Haith’s retention

So, my answer on how likely he is to be back next year has a lot to do with how many years he has left on his contract and what his buyout is. Same things that influenced Haith’s retention

Wait !!! Monty got an extension ???? Are you kidding me????
Oops, I made a boo boo. I came back to my pc in the middle of this thread after being away for several hours. I thought I was on the basketball side. It's Haith that got an extension without any details being released.(including length) With Montgomery his contract is up after 2022. So Monty has two more years. Which means he'll have to have an extension next year if he hasn't been hired away. Same as it has been since '16

My apologies.

I believe that Montgomery’s contract expires in January 2022 so he has 1 more year.

I believe that Montgomery’s contract expires in January 2022 so he has 1 more year.
You are right, I just thought it was through 2022.

That's odd that he is on his last year. I thought they wouldn't of left it to the last year without extending. Don't think he is going to win too many recruits with no contract after next year. I'm guessing he refused to sign one without a decent buyout clause, so they left it without an extension. Dangerous game, could set the program back a couple of years.

AAC Championship games and Coaches

2015 Temple vs Houston
Matt Rhule to Baylor to Carolina (NFL) 8.86 mill.
Tom Herman to Texas to Chicago (NFL) (?? NFL) made 6.75 mill at Texas

2016 Temple vs Navy
Matt Rhule see above
Ken Nuimatalolo no advance 2.5 mill.

2017 Memphis vs UCF
Mike Norvell to Florida St. 5.0 mill.
Scott Frost to Nebraska 5.0 mill

2018 Memphis vs UCF
Mike Norvell see above
Josh Hephel to Tennessee 4.0 mill.

2019 Cincy vs Memphis
Luke Fickell no advance 3.4 mill.
Mike Norvell see above

2020 Tulsa vs Cincy
Luke Fickell see above
Phillip Montgomery no advance 1.7 mill.

One could conclude from the list above that Luke Fickle is going to get a big time job soon.

If Phillip Montgomery has another good year there maybe no worries about getting rid of him this list suggest he will be hired away.

GO TU!!!!

Reactions: Tulsafanzz
He’s shown no ability to consistently win and no ability to win without a senior QB. His offense has been atrocious at other schools over the last five years. Those still running it have grafted it on to other concepts in order to be consistent. And they’ve had to do that at successive jobs after being fired. He’s not going anywhere. I’d say at least two years of 9 to 11 wins before his previous record is somewhat cleansed and he’s a name mentioned again. IOW about the time he has no buyout and both his kids have their TU degrees he has a chance to be in demand. That can be motivating.

He’s shown no ability to consistently win and no ability to win without a senior QB. His offense has been atrocious at other schools over the last five years. Those still running it have grafted it on to other concepts in order to be consistent. And they’ve had to do that at successive jobs after being fired. He’s not going anywhere. I’d say at least two years of 9 to 11 wins before his previous record is somewhat cleansed and he’s a name mentioned again. IOW about the time he has no buyout and both his kids have their TU degrees he has a chance to be in demand. That can be motivating.
Back to back championship game appearances and multiple draft picks and he’ll be a mentioned name.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
AAC Championship games and Coaches

2015 Temple vs Houston
Matt Rhule to Baylor to Carolina (NFL) 8.86 mill.
Tom Herman to Texas to Chicago (NFL) (?? NFL) made 6.75 mill at Texas

2016 Temple vs Navy
Matt Rhule see above
Ken Nuimatalolo no advance 2.5 mill.

2017 Memphis vs UCF
Mike Norvell to Florida St. 5.0 mill.
Scott Frost to Nebraska 5.0 mill

2018 Memphis vs UCF
Mike Norvell see above
Josh Hephel to Tennessee 4.0 mill.

2019 Cincy vs Memphis
Luke Fickell no advance 3.4 mill.
Mike Norvell see above

2020 Tulsa vs Cincy
Luke Fickell see above
Phillip Montgomery no advance 1.7 mill.

One could conclude from the list above that Luke Fickle is going to get a big time job soon.

If Phillip Montgomery has another good year there maybe no worries about getting rid of him this list suggest he will be hired away.

GO TU!!!!
Fickell has said no to several offers/interest. He's waiting for Ohio St or something similar to open up. So he is just being particular. Monty will probably take the first P5 offer he gets.

Last edited:
Fickell has said no to several offers/interest. He's waiting for Ohio St or something similar to open up. So he is just being particular. Monty will probably take the first P5 offer he gets.
Fickell is not getting Ohio State anytime soon.

GO TU!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT