ADVERTISEMENT

Pastner

That would be the equivalent of Houston firing Tony Levine last year after making a bowl game. Of course Houston probably didn't have a $10M buyout of Levine.

That said, if Memphis wins and makes it into the NCAA tournament field...no, Pastner doesn't get fired.

Reports are saying OKState is firing Ford and sucking up his $7M+ buyout

Pastner will live another year if he wins tomorrow.

Ford is gonzo. Lots of talk about the UALR coach.

Hiring a lower tier coach worked for Iowa St so far. Let's see if Prohm can continue the recruiting like Hoiberg had.

Of course all the talk is about Gottlieb right now. Dumb hire if you ask me. No coaching experience at any level.

Gottlieb reeks of desparation to me. The Sutton people support him. Hopefully he's far down on the wish list.

Eddie is hoping that if the aggies hire Gottlieb that he will hire his son Sean and get him out of ORU as an assistant with a job at a big 12 school.

Andy Katz just retweeted info from Mephis' president that while UofM basketball has fallen short of expectations the last 2 years, the university will invest and make changes to the basketball program so that it can compete at the highest level "with Josh Pastner as head coach".

Apparently Memphis will hire a former head coach to be a co-coach on the floor and help him with in game management. I know Wojcik would have loved that situation!

Andy Katz just retweeted info from Mephis' president that while UofM basketball has fallen short of expectations the last 2 years, the university will invest and make changes to the basketball program so that it can compete at the highest level "with Josh Pastner as head coach".

That's good news for the rest of the con
Apparently Memphis will hire a former head coach to be a co-coach on the floor and help him with in game management. I know Wojcik would have loved that situation!

I'm happy they're keeping Fred Savage but your idea of adding Wojcik as an assistant would assure us of success against them in the future. Memphis needs some Wojcik type discipline.

I know Chris and I got plenty while he was here. Is it too late to sue him for character assassination and being an 100% asshat?

Some other names who would be a good fit:
Travis Ford
Buzz Peterson
Ben Braun
Matt Doherty

Ford just dismissed as HC at OSU. Evans doesn't seem happy about that. Young fella there's a spot for you at TU.

That's good news for the rest of the con

I'm happy they're keeping Fred Savage but your idea of adding Wojcik as an assistant would assure us of success against them in the future. Memphis needs some Wojcik type discipline.

I know Chris and I got plenty while he was here. Is it too late to sue him for character assassination and being an 100% asshat?
Makes sense with the Lawson brothers around.

Dare you to go on AACbbs and say "you're welcome."

So TU basically saved Pastner's job?
That'd be nice to claim but in reality a $10.2M buyout is a hit much for Memphis without a big donor stepping in and really demanding he be gone. Problem is Pastner is a likable guy and is probably like a lot by said boosters.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT