ADVERTISEMENT

Owasso vs Union

TU_BLA

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2012
Tulsa, OK
A great HS football game. Union really dominated the LOS on both sides and did a great job limiting McClellan's impact as Union double teamed him all night, moved Grayson Tempest around the pocket, etc. Union did not finish drives well and got called for a ton of ill-timed penalties that took them out of scoring range.

Owasso has some weapons on offense. #7 is an absolute burner. Unfortunately for Owasso their QB is not a great passer and from my vantage point, it looked like he struggled to keep his eyes downfield. He had happy feet and took off if his first option wasn't immediately open.

Union kept Owasso off the board until about 5 min left in the game when Owasso completed a Hail Mary on 4th and 18 (busted coverage). Owasso then missed a FG at the buzzer and the game went to OT. Owasso missed a FG after losing 9 yards on their possession. Union basically went to a wishbone in OT as their QB went down on their last possession on regulation. Union won on a FG in OT that was essentially the length of a PAT.

I know there are some Owasso folks who follow the Rams. What say you ?

A great HS football game. Union really dominated the LOS on both sides and did a great job limiting McClellan's impact as Union double teamed him all night, moved Grayson Tempest around the pocket, etc. Union did not finish drives well and got called for a ton of ill-timed penalties that took them out of scoring range.

Owasso has some weapons on offense. #7 is an absolute burner. Unfortunately for Owasso their QB is not a great passer and from my vantage point, it looked like he struggled to keep his eyes downfield. He had happy feet and took off if his first option wasn't immediately open.

Union kept Owasso off the board until about 5 min left in the game when Owasso completed a Hail Mary on 4th and 18 (busted coverage). Owasso then missed a FG at the buzzer and the game went to OT. Owasso missed a FG after losing 9 yards on their possession. Union basically went to a wishbone in OT as their QB went down on their last possession on regulation. Union won on a FG in OT that was essentially the length of a PAT.

I know there are some Owasso folks who follow the Rams. What say you ?
Bla - what do you think of the the new Union stadium? The view from the visitors side sure looked like a lot of empty space where prime seating could be.

As for the Rams, I’m not following as closely this season but I can’t see them getting past Jenks in the semi finals this year. They didn’t play well at Union which was probably due to a good game plan by the home team.

Bla - what do you think of the the new Union stadium? The view from the visitors side sure looked like a lot of empty space where prime seating could be.

As for the Rams, I’m not following as closely this season but I can’t see them getting past Jenks in the semi finals this year. They didn’t play well at Union which was probably due to a good game plan by the home team.
I haven't seen the upper deck on game day as you can't see it from the lower deck seats on the home side. Union charged premium $$$ for the chairbacks in the center of the seating and then $$ for the reserved bleachers immediately to either side of the chair back sections. We bought all sports passes so we sit in GA in the lower deck. It's also hard to tell how loud the home side is...it's almost like the configuration muffles the sound where we sit. We can hear the other side plenty. The roar when Owasso scored was something else.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT