ADVERTISEMENT

Over and Under (4)

Tulsa_

I.T.S. Position Coach
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2003
DeOb2WUV4AElbM7.jpg

Based on last season, that’s a reasonable guess for most outsiders looking in. I say a more realistic O/U is 6.

Two wins last season and a coach that publicly says he won't settle on a starter at QB until the opener? 4 is generous. But I would take that action.

We go 2-2 OOC. Winning 4 conference games to get to 6 is going to take an upset or two.

Just like in 2016 where we seemed to get almost all the breaks needed to win the close games, we got almost no breaks last year. How many games were within 1 score going into the last 2-3 minutes last year? We need to create a few breaks for ourselves and pull the close ones out. I think 7-5 is realistic, but we could end up 4-8 or 10-2 just as easily depending on QB/WR play and staying healthy.

What does our starting WR corps look like these days? Hobbs, Johnson, Stewart, Stokes? We really need some of the younger Wideouts to step up.

What does our starting WR corps look like these days? Hobbs, Johnson, Stewart, Stokes? We really need some of the younger Wideouts to step up.
There are a ton of quality WRs who RS'd last year and even more true FR WRs coming to camp. One name that I've heard mentioned is Avery Gragg. He's not a burner, but everything I've read and seen on him is clean route runner and really good hands. I want one WR who can go over the middle for 7-10 yards, find the hole in the zone, sit down, and catch a ball while being hit. You don't have to be ridiculously fast to do that.

There are a ton of quality WRs who RS'd last year and even more true FR WRs coming to camp. One name that I've heard mentioned is Avery Gragg. He's not a burner, but everything I've read and seen on him is clean route runner and really good hands. I want one WR who can go over the middle for 7-10 yards, find the hole in the zone, sit down, and catch a ball while being hit. You don't have to be ridiculously fast to do that.
God Bless Jesse Meyer

On the "ourlads.com" depth chart Gragg is just behind Hobbs on the depth chart. I've got hopes that one of Anderson, Gragg, Santana, Perez, or Jackson can breakout as a starting quality outside receiver to challenge Josh Stewart.

Just need some kids to run clean routes and hold onto the ball when it's delivered. I'm not really sure how we fell so far off of those skills last season. It's a new year and time will tell.

On the "ourlads.com" depth chart Gragg is just behind Hobbs on the depth chart. I've got hopes that one of Anderson, Gragg, Santana, Perez, or Jackson can breakout as a starting quality outside receiver to challenge Josh Stewart.
Considering they only have Harvey at RB, no Brooks, Warren or Taylor, I'm not so sure I'd trust that depth chart. Haven't even heard of Harvey and don't find him on our roster. Maybe he's a freshman walkon? Major malfunctions on the depth chart defensive line too.

Last edited:
Reactions: astonmartin708
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT