ADVERTISEMENT

Our President shows his toughness.

On a related note:

Texas was just ranked by CNBC as the number 2 worst state to live in; Oklahoma coming just behind at number 3.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/07/14/these-10-states-are-americas-worst-places-to-live-in-2022.html
Inclusion is now a factor 😂😂😂. The two worst states to live in that fine study are two of the top three fastest growing states in the country. Nice study.

Reactions: aTUfan
Inclusion is now a factor 😂😂😂. The two worst states to live in that fine study are two of the top three fastest growing states in the country. Nice study.
Cheap housing is key. People want houses. Texas has them for pittance. Let's see how long that trend continues. How long are people going to be willing to put up with their representatives screwing them over when election times come? (I'm referring to their AG being a complete wacko)

Cheap housing is key. People want houses. Texas has them for pittance. Let's see how long that trend continues. How long are people going to be willing to put up with their representatives screwing them over when election times come?
Texas isn’t in the top 15 for most affordable housing. It’s 19th btw. Florida is 37th and Arizona 39th. Again….doesn’t really explain the mass exodus to those states. Texas has added over 4 million people in the last ten years. People seem to be happy enough with those representatives to stay. Cali….not so much of late.

I’m no fan of Texas but those metrics are pretty funny. 2 of those states (Tennessee and South Carolina) are in the 5 I’d most like to live in. New Mexico also isn’t half bad. Oregon, Utah, and North Carolina are my others

I’m no fan of Texas but those metrics are pretty funny. 2 of those states (Tennessee and South Carolina) are in the 5 I’d most like to live in. New Mexico also isn’t half bad. Oregon, Utah, and North Carolina are my others
I'm leaning towards Washington because of a mild(ish) climate and access to the outdoors. You're close to the mountains and the ocean at the same time. (I'm a sucker for sailing, so I would want to get a boat and go around the sound) Seattle, despite having a homeless problem is a great city. Olympia's really nice and quiet and you can get some really beautiful land up by the North Cascades for not too much.

I do like NM, but it certainly has a poverty problem with the reservations. Santa Fe is nice, but it's pretty yuppy-ish. If you can stand the cold Wyoming, Colorado, and Montana are the bees knees as long as you know where to look. Oregon, Utah, and Iowa are all kind of third tier for me along with Tulsa (mostly because it will always feel like home). Haven't spent much time on the East Coast but think I might enjoy Maine, Rural Mass, or Maybe the Coastal Carolina Area.

I've also thought about retiring abroad. I'd probably pick Austria. Salzburg or Vienna.

Reactions: watu05
I'm leaning towards Washington because of a mild(ish) climate and access to the outdoors. You're close to the mountains and the ocean at the same time. (I'm a sucker for sailing, so I would want to get a boat and go around the sound) Seattle, despite having a homeless problem is a great city. Olympia's really nice and quiet and you can get some really beautiful land up by the North Cascades for not too much.

I do like NM, but it certainly has a poverty problem with the reservations. Santa Fe is nice, but it's pretty yuppy-ish. If you can stand the cold Wyoming, Colorado, and Montana are the bees knees as long as you know where to look. Oregon, Utah, and Iowa are all kind of third tier for me along with Tulsa (mostly because it will always feel like home). Haven't spent much time on the East Coast but think I might enjoy Maine, Rural Mass, or Maybe the Coastal Carolina Area.

I've also thought about retiring abroad. I'd probably pick Austria. Salzburg or Vienna.
In Europe: Check out Slovenia. Austrian Alps on budget. Gorgeous with wonderful people.

If they had the sense to not settle for living in a sweltering sweat pool maybe they could have afforded to live in the PNW or Cali in the first place where they have year round golf and semi decent climates . Hahaha

I say good riddance. If all of the conservatives want to centralize into Texas and leave the good climates for me, they can be my guest.

I understand old folks moving from the snow in NY down to the gulf coast, but anyone who actually likes to go outside their home on a regular basis should avoid Florida or TX.
As you posted, it’s their choice. We and our kids families are happy in the PNW.

Last edited:
In Europe: Check out Slovenia. Austrian Alps on budget. Gorgeous with wonderful people.
I’ve been there. Ljubljana and Bled. It is very, very nice. I just like the central transit / infrastructure system more in Austria if I were to retire there.

Last edited:
Reactions: watu05
I’ve been there. Ljubljana and Bled. It is very, very nice. I just like the central transit / infrastructure system more in Austria if I were to retire there.
I have plans for Italy because it is part of my heritage, and it is much easier to accomplish. Slovenia and UK are the other parts of my heritage. I plan to take many trips into Slovenia since I am looking to Trieste as a home base. I also have plans for the UK, but those are further down the line.

The country side is also wonderful. I've cycled and hiked there. There's a reason why the Slovenians do so well on the Tour de France. Haven't been to Austria yet, but hope to.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT