ADVERTISEMENT

Our President shows his toughness.

Meanwhile. Mr. Golf Cart pledges to never get on a bicycle. He'd probably have a(nother?) heart attack if he tried.

Joe is apparently off his bicycle (and maybe meds) today and did define America today in one word

Joe is apparently off his bicycle (and maybe meds) today and did define America today in one word

Wasn't that from early April.

He has a speech impediment. His brain thinks faster than he can form the words. He had this problem when he was younger. It may be worse with age, but that's the case when you are 50, 60, 70. The word was foothills, that he struggled to get out. This happens to all of us, but it is more frequent w/ his speech impediment. It has nothing to do with dementia or meds if that is what you were implying.

Wasn't that from early April.

He has a speech impediment. His brain thinks faster than he can form the words. He had this problem when he was younger. It may be worse with age, but that's the case when you are 50, 60, 70. The word was foothills, that he struggled to get out. This happens to all of us, but it is more frequent w/ his speech impediment. It has nothing to do with dementia or meds if that is what you were implying.
I watched many of his speeches on the Senate floor. I do not recall anything like we’re now seeing. I do believe he is suffering from decreased mental capacity having to do with age. Happens to a lot of us as we near 80. Most 79 year olds aren’t in the public eye like the POTUS.

Reactions: HuffyCane
I watched many of his speeches on the Senate floor. I do not recall anything like we’re now seeing. I do believe he is suffering from decreased mental capacity having to do with age. Happens to a lot of us as we near 80. Most 79 year olds aren’t in the public eye like the POTUS.
I don't disagree with you on him losing mental capacity, I disagree that him struggling to get out foothills in an April 8 speech is a sign of that.

He has always had minor difficulties delivering speeches. Your speech impediment becoming worse with age is not a sign of mental difficulties. It is a sign of your speech impediment becoming more pronounced. I speak from a voice of experience, having had to recover from a stroke at the age of 24. I have already had mental capacity reduced for a period of 15 years. I also had several other problems to deal with during those 15 years that were not tied wholly to mental faculties. Aphasia for instance, which cannot be fully thrown into the mental faculties category. I have had many thoughts during and after that 15 year recovery period about these issues. There are nuances to losing certain abilities, that do not justify it as losing your mental faculties as a whole. I think you are throwing all deficits into the mental faculties basket, and that is not appropriate.

I don't disagree with you on him losing mental capacity, I disagree that him struggling to get out foothills in an April 8 speech is a sign of that.

He has always had minor difficulties delivering speeches. Your speech impediment becoming worse with age is not a sign of mental difficulties. It is a sign of your speech impediment becoming more pronounced. I speak from a voice of experience, having had to recover from a stroke at the age of 24. I have already had mental capacity reduced for a period of 15 years. I also had several other problems to deal with during those 15 years that were not tied wholly to mental faculties. Aphasia for instance, which cannot be fully thrown into the mental faculties category. I have had many thoughts during and after that 15 year recovery period about these issues. There are nuances to losing certain abilities, that do not justify it as losing your mental faculties as a whole. I think you are throwing all deficits into the mental faculties basket, and that is not appropriate.
It’s much more than delivering speeches. He looks completely lost at times during public appearances. His handlers dictate when and what previously selected questions he answers. When he goes off script he struggles putting together coherent thoughts. Again….it’s age. Same thing happened to Reagan during his second term.

Reactions: HuffyCane
It’s much more than delivering speeches. He looks completely lost at times during public appearances. His handlers dictate when and what previously selected questions he answers. When he goes off script he struggles putting together coherent thoughts. Again….it’s age. Same thing happened to Reagan during his second term.
As I said before, he is having noticeable problems. But I believe you are gauging the look on his face(in this instance) and throwing it all into the same basket based on that look . You look a little lost when you're struggling to get a thought out. But you also look a little lost when you can't get a word out that you know, but are struggling to say. Just because your facial reaction to both instances is the same, doesn't mean that they are both due to mental faculties.

I've looked at myself in the mirror during my recovery to explore issues like this. I was always trying to find ways to get past my deficits in public. I don't believe he lost the word, he just struggled to pronounce it. I also don't believe he lost his place in his speech, or the experience he was trying to relate. His recovery was a little too quick and mid pronunciation, for me to think that. It is possible, but not likely. And when he recovers from instances like this, he usually rambles a little, instead of immediately relaying the exact phrases he had meant to say in the first place.

There is only one thing that could have been a tell. But it could have been something that fell/flew onto his face.(The motion with his finger, that could have been him disguising him having difficulties.) But the motion seemed natural enough that I don't think it was a disguise.

That's all I will say on the issue. It isn't worth exploring any further on this subject.

Last edited:
biden fell off his bike because of the inflation, of his bike tire; caused by the Putin .invasion or trumps jan 6 avtiins

Eisenhower had a series of stress induced heart attacks and strokes. He had the self control and disciplined staff necessary to avoid public appearances to minimize domestic market volatility and the foresight to select and prepare a successor if he was incapacitated.

We have the 25th Amendment now because Nixon refused to exercise certain ceremonial duties he felt should be reserved for the President. During Eisenhower’s incapacity or ill health out of the spot light, presidential authority was governed by an informal letter negotiated between the two men. Eisenhower quite rightly understood that at no time should the Executive Office of the President be portrayed, in public or private, for good intention or ill, as an empty chair.

People grossly underestimate the damage the current situation does with market confidence, diplomacy, and allied relations. And our media has done little to explain those impacts.

there are cities that will ignore a states laws banning abortion

so

the oil companies need to ignore the mandates banning oil production.

there are cities that will ignore a states laws banning abortion

so

the oil companies need to ignore the mandates banning oil production.
I say we just nationalize the oil companies like 90% of the rest of the world. They’re scared about what investments to make? We will make that decision for them, and at reduced executive pay non the less.

• Haha
Reactions: watu05
no to nationization. and
yes the top exec get too much. Talk to your local comgressman who writes the tax laws that give tax beaks and create loopholes.

maybe if the dems didnt obcess over trump, russia gate, 2 impeacjments, jan 6, ... and just do their job, the could fix gun control, and tax issues, . .

Last edited:
Biden demanding gas stations bring down the price at the pump. Question…in my past experience the large retailers (QT, Circle K, Casey’s, etc…) don’t have a large markup on gas. Biden apparently believes there’s a huge margin. Have things changed recently or is Joe simply lying and trying to pass the buck?

Biden demanding gas stations bring down the price at the pump. Question…in my past experience the large retailers (QT, Circle K, Casey’s, etc…) don’t have a large markup on gas. Biden apparently believes there’s a huge margin. Have things changed recently or is Joe simply lying and trying to pass the buck?

Was my first thought when I heard this. He's asking them to take a huge loss?

I believe he is talking about divisions of oil companies, like shell, bp, texaco, etc. Divisions that have filling stations, but it just doesn't work that way.

Interesting fact. The state of Georgia sued Buccees for selling gas below its cost. There’s apparently a state law prohibiting such practices.

Interesting fact. The state of Georgia sued Buccees for selling gas below its cost. There’s apparently a state law prohibiting such practices.
I believe we have a law like that in Oklahoma. I think a lot of states have a similar law. Getting ahead of his advisors/keepers or fake PR work?

Last edited:
I don't feel like a Desantis v. whoever the Dems put up would be much better if at all. It's like trading a turd sandwich for a diarrhea taco.
Too many of the long shot candidates(like Cuban) I even like are Democrats. I'd probably vote for him if no better candidates came along. I would love for the Republican party to wake up, and give Cheney the nomination, but she won't even win in congress. Hopefully she could turn that around and get in the race for the Presidency, but doubtful. Haley was a bit wishy washy navigating around Trump, but I'd still consider voting for her if I my other choice were Trump, Biden, or Desantis. I'd also give Buttigeg another listen, to see if he has become more experienced as a candidate. I would consider Kasich or Jeb. Still would love for Condoleeza Rice to run, but it sounds like she never will. She would be the right driver to navigate the Russia/Ukraine situation. Once again it looks like we might not have any good choices.

Everyone says it’s over because DeSantis has so much money. But Jeb had even more. It will be interesting.

DeSantis and Newsome would be the favorites if we take out Biden and Trump. Would be an interesting matchup.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT