ADVERTISEMENT

Our President shows his toughness.

To be fair, I don’t believe Biden knows what he said an hour ago much less weeks ago.

Reactions: TUMe
Are Congressional Republicans held in higher regard than Biden?
The Republicans in Congress favorability
Looks like Pubs have a favorability rating 11 points higher than Congress overall 😂😂😂

Looks like Pubs have a favorability rating 11 points higher than Congress overall 😂😂😂

Each side values their own side. Neither value the other.

Congress has received low approval ratings for as long as I can remember. Then the people giving those low ratings turn around and vote for their current congressman. Go figure.

Reactions: astonmartin708
Congress has received low approval ratings for as long as I can remember. Then the people giving those low ratings turn around and vote for their current congressman. Go figure.
right now, congress members only represent their party.
with term limits ther could represent their voters.

right now, congress members only represent their party.
with term limits ther could represent their voters.
They have to get reelected, over and over. What is it about term limits that would change it from representing their party, to representing their voters. Once again logic seems to fail you.

Reactions: Clong83a
How can anyone not see that Biden is senile. Heck even democrats in Congress know it. His approval rate continues to fall with the average person.
That wasn’t any more or less of an embarrassment than the Soviets retreat from the same region was.

That rivals many of Trump's speeches for incoherence.
I agree that the Russians had to regroup, but that was actually accomplished by Ukraine soldiers with unusual guts. Also, sloppy production by Russian troops.

You are glad to bring Trump in for a roasting. In my opinion, Neither Trump nor Biden will be elected in the next presidential election.

Do either of you watch Biden in speeches?

You are glad to bring Trump in for a roasting. In my opinion, Neither Trump nor Biden will be elected in the next presidential election.
As long as it's not somebody like Ocasio Cortez or Marjorie Taylor Greene, I'm ok with that.

Ukraine has lost the war. The only question is to what degree. Best case is a full Russian withdrawal. Worst case is occupation of the entire country. Under any scenario, Ukrainian cities are in ruins. Hundreds of thousands are homeless. Thousands of lives (military and civilian) have been lost. It will cost billions and billions to rebuild. A process which will take years.

How can anyone not see that Biden is senile. Heck even democrats in Congress know it. His approval rate continues to fall with the average person.

I agree that the Russians had to regroup, but that was actually accomplished by Ukraine soldiers with unusual guts. Also, sloppy production by Russian troops.

Do either of you watch Biden in speeches?
My comment about regrouping was regarding the Soviets retreating from Afghanistan in the 80’s.
I’ve watched Biden. His mind is slowing down. Reminds me of seeing my mom and my grandparents get older. Why we let people able to draw SS run the country I will never understand. It’s just high risk.

The cut off should be somewhere around 72.
I would say 69-70. That transition is really where I’ve seen people start to slow cognatively. Now, it’s not fair. I recognize that. There are a number of folks who are sharp well past 70, but the starting age isn’t quite fair either… in comparison to some of the candidates we’ve had, I would say there are some younger people who would be equally as mentally prepared for the job.

I would go 35-70 to guarantee the candidate with enough life experience in combination with agile mental faculty and low health risk.

Last edited:
I would say 69-70. That transition is really where I’ve seen people start to slow cognatively. Now, it’s not fair. I recognize that. There are a number of folks who are sharp well past 70, but the starting age isn’t quite fair either… in comparison to some of the candidates we’ve had, I would say there are some younger people who would be equally as mentally prepared for the job.

I would go 35-70 to guarantee the candidate with enough life experience in combination with agile mental faculty and low health risk.
You are wrong on 35 being unjust, there is wisdom that comes with age. There are younger people who might be qualified in their abilities and faculties, but that is not all that is needed. I was even a little hesitant about Buttigieg running for this reason. He was a little young. I'd be more comfortable with 40. And so would the public, considering the youngest president to win the election was 43.

The cut off should be somewhere around 72.
If the press does its job, then age isnt an issue. But, softball questions, scripted answers and restricted access hid a lot of cognitive inability . The press never once openly challenged brandon during the election. They shielded him from everything but scripted controlled exposures.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
If the press does its job, then age isnt an issue. But, softball questions, scripted answers and restricted access hid a lot of cognitive inability . The press never once openly challenged brandon during the election. They shielded him from everything but scripted controlled exposures.
I dislike the use of 'Brandon', but it's as close to appropriate as it's gonna get in this instance.

You are wrong on 35 being unjust, there is wisdom that comes with age. There are younger people who might be qualified in their abilities and faculties, but that is not all that is needed. I was even a little hesitant about Buttigieg running for this reason. He was a little young. I'd be more comfortable with 40. And so would the public, considering the youngest president to win the election was 43.
I think there is wisdom that comes with age for some people, but others never acquire wisdom no matter how old they get. Some acquire more wisdom at earlier ages. if you think there havent been any people wise enough prior to 35 then you would be incorrect.

If the person who wrote the Decleration of Independence was 33 at the time, then I would say that 35 is not some magic number anymore than 70 is…. they’re just arbitrary numbers that try to ensure life experience and prevent senility but neither are perfect nor fair.

Ossoff of Georgia might be a good example. He has shown maturity beyond his age and he’s 36. If there were an election tomorrow, he would be a legitimate candidate if he ran.

I think there is wisdom that comes with age for some people, but others never acquire wisdom no matter how old they get. Some acquire more wisdom at earlier ages. if you think there havent been any people wise enough prior to 35 then you would be incorrect.

If the person who wrote the Decleration of Independence was 33 at the time, then I would say that 35 is not some magic number anymore than 70 is…. they’re just arbitrary numbers that try to ensure life experience and prevent senility but neither are perfect nor fair.
The exact answer I expected out of you, because you are young, and think you know everything. Everybody acquires wisdom, and maturity. It is just a matter of how much they acquire. Some acquire very small amounts and some acquire a lot, but it doesn't seem like it because they were so lacking in rational decisions to start out with. The persons that wrote the Declaration at 33ish, when asked if they were wiser at 45, 55, 65, etc, would most definitely say yes they were.

Through arguing this point, because you lack the necessary tools to discuss it, and I don't care go no where with the subject.

Last edited:
The exact answer I expected out of you, because you are young, and think you know everything. Everybody acquires wisdom, and maturity. It is just a matter of how much they acquire. Some acquire very small amounts and some acquire a lot, but it doesn't seem like it because they were so lacking in rational decisions to start out with. The persons that wrote the Declaration at 33ish, when asked if they were wiser at 45, 55, 65, etc, would most definitely say yes they were.

Through arguing this point, because you lack the necessary tools to discuss it, and I don't care go no where with the subject.
Of course you gain more wisdom as you age, but that’s not to say that a person of 33 automatically does not have enough wisdom to hold the office. It has nothing to do with your age and much more to do with your experience.

Of course you gain more wisdom as you age, but that’s not to say that a person of 33 automatically does not have enough wisdom to hold the office. It has nothing to do with your age and much more to do with your experience.
"but others never acquire wisdom no matter how old they get.“

"but others never acquire wisdom no matter how old they get.“
Ok, let me amend that statement for accuracy… some gain wisdom at such a rate that it’s effectively nil. Also, Some gain wisdom but don’t have enough intelligence to apply it.

Ok, let me amend that statement for accuracy… some gain wisdom at such a rate that it’s effectively nil. Also, Some gain wisdom but don’t have enough intelligence to apply it.
You just restated my above post. Going in circles, missed the bolded part though.

You just restated my above post. Going in circles, missed the bolded part though.
It does not matter that one is wiser at 42 than at 36… it matters that they have wisdom enough to do the job when the opportunity to do the job arises. Just because they would be wiser at 42 than 36 does not mean they should have to wait if they have enough wisdom to do it now and they have the intelligence and expertise to succeed already.

Especially of their youth allows them to deal with problems that wisdom doesn’t necessarily give you answers to, (like new and evolving technologies and where we should be going with research and development as a society) some presidents have been visionary, but many have been sticks in the mud and that’s certainly not always a good thing.

The problem with young guys that think they can run things better than old guys... is that they get old and suddenly they believe that old guys can run things better than young guys...

Personally i like the idea of older guys running the show.. at least if they appoint themselves "president for life", they dont have long to live..

I like a happy median, not so young that they are inexperienced in the attributes needed for a President, but not so old that they are inexperienced technologically and are current with the times. Fourties are great, fifties can be as good with the right candidate. Thirties are generally too young. President for life is illegal and hopefully stays that way.

Looks like a SNL sketch. Are we ready to start talking about Kamala ? Probably time

I like a happy median, not so young that they are inexperienced in the attributes needed for a President, but not so old that they are inexperienced technologically and are current with the times. Fourties are great, fifties can be as good with the right candidate. Thirties are generally too young. President for life is illegal and hopefully stays that way.
I agree. It's pretty much a normal curve of quality by age. The edge ages have fewer quality candidates while the middle have more. It doesn't mean that the fringes shouldn't be elected for by any means, but they should be extraordinary candidates to be elected.

I don't trust the voter to open them up to people who are 30 and make a wise decision. Rather cut them off from differentiating who holds wisdom & experience beyond their young age. I really don't trust the voter to differentiate who is senile with the media operating as they do. I wouldn't be upset with 40-70. Would rather a few decent candidates in their 30's and 70's be eliminated to put some curbs on an electorate that isn't that competent as a whole in differentiating age issues.

Technology is much better understood by people in their 40's, even better by people in their 30's, and even better by people in their 20's. Those people can much better keep up with the times and learn new technologies as they come available to the public. I doubt the kids that are 20 will ever be in the situation that those people in their 50's and older are, where they are useless in front of a computer/smartphone/tablet/virtual reality/digital printer etc. In the next 30 years tech issues are going to become less and less of a problem.

I don't trust the voter to open them up to people who are 30 and make a wise decision. Rather cut them off from differentiating who holds wisdom & experience beyond their young age. I really don't trust the voter to differentiate who is senile with the media operating as they do. I wouldn't be upset with 40-70. Would rather a few decent candidates in their 30's and 70's be eliminated to put some curbs on an electorate that isn't that competent as a whole in differentiating age issues.

Technology is much better understood by people in their 40's, even better by people in their 30's, and even better by people in their 20's. Those people can much better keep up with the times and learn new technologies as they come available to the public. I doubt the kids that are 20 will ever be in the situation that those people in their 50's and older are, where they are useless in front of a computer/smartphone/tablet/virtual reality/digital printer etc. In the next 30 years tech issues are going to become less and less of a problem.
I completely disagree. Tech is continuing to evolve at a fast pace. what percentage of the population actually understands crypto currency? Even among millennials it’s a fringe knowledge base. Same thing goes for data analytics and AI. Same thing goes for cloud computing.

Those things are becoming ubiquitous with our societal development. I have engineers my same age who don’t know anything about this stuff.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT