ADVERTISEMENT

OU portal players...

“Gooner for dummies”

Is there a better example of commoratio or cataphora?

Unfortunately for me, since i basically live in a suburb of BreaTown or Clarkville ( whichever you prefer), if i want to talk to anyone about football, i have to at least be able to speak "gooner for dummies".
There is no other way to talk about football with Sooners than “Sooners for dummies”

Because they’re 99% dummies.

• Haha
Reactions: TU_BLA
Sorry. Poli Sci major that actually paid attention in English classes, though you can’t tell at times on here.

Cataphora is when you use one word in a sentence that is explained by the use of a later word in the sentence. “When he arrived at TU, John quickly found JR’s”. The meaning of he being explained by the use of John.

Commoratio is when you repeat the same idea using different words.

Reactions: quincy101
I love flatulation and spice girls, my two favorite subjects, aside from TU sports.

Who cares about OU anyway? Gross.
Who cares about OU anyway? Gross.
EGc0XgOW4AEV5c_.jpg

Sorry. Poli Sci major that actually paid attention in English classes, though you can’t tell at times on here.

Cataphora is when you use one word in a sentence that is explained by the use of a later word in the sentence. “When he arrived at TU, John quickly found JR’s”. The meaning of he being explained by the use of John.

Commoratio is when you repeat the same idea using different words.
Nerd lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT