ADVERTISEMENT

OU loses to "non-Power 5" team - GASP

mcane

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2003
I hope Hines sends this to her colleagues Brown and Haisten. When they write about the trainwreck of OSU basketball, they always note that this or that is Power-5. And I believe they do this to irritate TU fans. This is a football-only term and the fact that Villanova destroyed the "mighty" Sooners demonstrates that. At least Guerin NEVER uses the non-Power 5 term when writing about OU. It would look as silly as the title to this thread.

I hate that the term is being used in basketball too. Unfortunately ESPN does it now too and it makes absolutely no sense. AAC, Big East, and A10 are consistently putting highly talented teams into the tournament and also have several teams with absolutely fantastic resumes.

Edit: I know I'm preaching to the choir, just needed to vent.

I hate that the term is being used in basketball too. Unfortunately ESPN does it now too and it makes absolutely no sense. AAC, Big East, and A10 are consistently putting highly talented teams into the tournament and also have several teams with absolutely fantastic resumes.

Edit: I know I'm preaching to the choir, just needed to vent.
I believe a non p5 team won 3 years ago. connecticut

And its very possible a "non-p5" team will win tonight, Villanova.

The BE is the third ranked basketball conference per Sagarin behind only the Big12 and the ACC.

If Villanova wins tonight the last ten NCAA champs would come from the following conferences.

ACC has 3
BE has 3
SEC has 2
AAC has 1
B-12 has 1

B-10 hasn't won in 16 years.

P-12 hasn't won in 19 years.

That would give the non power 5 conferences 4 out of 10 championships. Could have been 5 if Derrick Rose hits some FT's.

With all that said I think UNC wins tonight.

Go TU!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT