ADVERTISEMENT

OT UT v OU

Is Castiglione part of the problem? I mean there were years that players skated by in terms of assaults and sexual assaults, not dissimilar to Baylor, but they managed to keep things quieter or push it off until the player was done helping them win games. It seems like Castiglione had to know these issues existed in the program but he helped cover them up or keep them muted ...
Trust me, Castiglione knows where the bodies are buried. He is the real university president and mayor of Norman.

Reactions: Tu Geo
Trust me, Castiglione knows where the bodies are buried. He is the real university president and mayor of Norman.
Which is one of the problems they have. Much like the Dallas Cowboys, they aren’t really trying to win. They are simply trying to perpetuate the various fiefdoms and handouts that are involved in operating a beast that size. Everybody agrees that the team can’t win without a great AD and a great coach. The AD hires the coaches in consultation with the President. The coaches are under intense scrutiny for not reaching expectations at OU. It’s a frequent topic regarding the President with the regents and others. The AD escapes such scrutiny even though he’s been the single common denominator in the lack of success in the football program since John Blake’s recruits graduated. It’s a gymnastics school by their own standard of success.

The fact this is rarely if ever discussed is a sign that someone has been in their job too long. AD should not be working longer than 10 years. Coaches 7 years at most.

I will remain an OU fan from a distance, but much like the Cowboys, they aren’t trying to win. They are just trying to sell you something. For all of TU’s ills, at this point, and despite the coach, the program wants to win and expects to win. And that’s entertaining whether they win or not.

Which is one of the problems they have. Much like the Dallas Cowboys, they aren’t really trying to win. They are simply trying to perpetuate the various fiefdoms and handouts that are involved in operating a beast that size. Everybody agrees that the team can’t win without a great AD and a great coach. The AD hires the coaches in consultation with the President. The coaches are under intense scrutiny for not reaching expectations at OU. It’s a frequent topic regarding the President with the regents and others. The AD escapes such scrutiny even though he’s been the single common denominator in the lack of success in the football program since John Blake’s recruits graduated. It’s a gymnastics school by their own standard of success.

The fact this is rarely if ever discussed is a sign that someone has been in their job too long. AD should not be working longer than 10 years. Coaches 7 years at most.

I will remain an OU fan from a distance, but much like the Cowboys, they aren’t trying to win. They are just trying to sell you something. For all of TU’s ills, at this point, and despite the coach, the program wants to win and expects to win. And that’s entertaining whether they win or not.
I would say that at OU, tbe University hires the President in consultation with the AD..

And for the record.. i am not a fan of OU from a distance , I only follow them because if I didn't then I would have nothing to talk about with the majority of my friends and family.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT