ADVERTISEMENT

OT UT v OU

Marion’s passing offense is doing well.

Gooners suck.

Shows how portal transfers and de-commits can destroy a team. Venebles has his work cut out for him or he will be short lived as a head coach.

Ven keeps running the wildcat on 3rd and 8 down 28 and he might not make it through this game. No clue why they don’t put General Booty in the game. Can’t be worse than what’s out there

Gooner’s pass defense is so porous, it reminds me of some of our bad soft defenses.

In other games, Heupel has the Vols playing real well right now. They look like they are the third best team in the SEC right now.

Reactions: TU_BLA
OU players aren't 49-0 bad, something else is going on I suspect BV and staff.

GO TU!!!!!

1996 Blake Team with 8 losses and a 31 to 24 loss to Little wac team Tulsa 😂 at Norman
I was there great game. Wes Caswell's 99 yarder was so fun to watch.

Talking heads on the Sports Animal lost their minds after that game. Riding home was funny listening to those clowns and their excuses. Traber was running his mouth like he was something back in the day. LOL

GO TU!!!!

Last edited:
Shows how portal transfers and de-commits can destroy a team. Venebles has his work cut out for him or he will be short lived as a head coach.
Most die hards I interact with seem to know this is a rebuild vs reload type of situation. Dillon Gabriel is not going to be the answer for them. Unfortunately Venables will realize this this year vs waiting until after we play them next year knowing we have Gabriel's number.

Unfortunately Venables will realize this this year vs waiting until after we play them next year knowing we have Gabriel's number.
We may have Gabriel's number, but it's all the other numbers we don't have that concerns me.

• Haha
Most die hards I interact with seem to know this is a rebuild vs reload type of situation. Dillon Gabriel is not going to be the answer for them. Unfortunately Venables will realize this this year vs waiting until after we play them next year knowing we have Gabriel's number.
Whats funny is most of the die-hards here in Norman were touting the CFP after Nebraska and now they are denying it and saying it was always a rebuild.

The hard pill for them to swallow is that Riley took a 4-8 team to 6-0 at this point and Venables looks scared of KS coming to town..

Whats funny is most of the die-hards here in Norman were touting the CFP after Nebraska and now they are denying it and saying it was always a rebuild.

The hard pill for them to swallow is that Riley took a 4-8 team to 6-0 at this point and Venables looks scared of KS coming to town..
Yeah, as we see more of Nebraska, pretty sure OU's non-con schedule was loaded with teams that would struggle to compete with the USA Today's top 25 HS teams. Nebraska is really bad. Like REALLY REALLY BAD...to the point that they needed a break to squeak out a 1 pt win over Rutgers. Like, Nebraska is epic bad right now.

Reactions: noble cane
Yeah, as we see more of Nebraska, pretty sure OU's non-con schedule was loaded with teams that would struggle to compete with the USA Today's top 25 HS teams. Nebraska is really bad. Like REALLY REALLY BAD...to the point that they needed a break to squeak out a 1 pt win over Rutgers. Like, Nebraska is epic bad right now.
I watched the Nebraska game and thought "my god, how bad is Nebraska" after the last 3 wks, i am convinced that they are really bad, but, now i wonder just how good TX and Alabama are because OU is Nebraska bad too...

I watched the Nebraska game and thought "my god, how bad is Nebraska" after the last 3 wks, i am convinced that they are really bad, but, now i wonder just how good TX and Alabama are because OU is Nebraska bad too...
Parity has hit football with the portal. NIL just muddies the waters until the schools determine that it’s not worth it and quit playing the game.

1996 Blake Team with 8 losses and a 31 to 24 loss to Little wac team Tulsa 😂 at Norman
2 weeks after TU beat OU in 1996, OU beat Texas for its 1st win of season. OU also won at OSU that year.

This OU team is probably worse. V likely fired soon unless they show some life.

Reactions: Tu Geo
2 weeks after TU beat OU in 1996, OU beat Texas for its 1st win of season. OU also won at OSU that year.

This OU team is probably worse. V likely fired soon unless they show some life.
They've got too much emotional capital invested in BV...

First to go is Roof, then Lebby when Evers hits the portal and then BV in yr 3 when Jackson Arnold hits the portal..

Last edited:
They've got too much emotional capital invested in BV...

Firts to go is Roof, then Lebby when Evers hits the portal and then BV in yr 3 when Jackson Arnold hits the portal..
This. Roof was a disaster hire and anybody with any sense could see it coming,

This. Roof was a disaster hire and anybody with any sense could see it coming,
In over 35 years, about the only schools that kept him for more than a year, were Duke & Georgia Tech. He's probably good at analyzing tape, but that's probably just about all he's good for. Bad bet by BV.

Last edited:
OU fans I know used to call Venables “Brent Vulnerable “ when he was DC in Norman. I’m still surprised they brought him back as head coach. That may be Castiglione’s worst hire.

OU fans I know used to call Venables “Brent Vulnerable “ when he was DC in Norman. I’m still surprised they brought him back as head coach. That may be Castiglione’s worst hire.
I don't know about this. Venables never had the DL production at OU that he had at Clemson. OU had some good DL but never the same quality and quantity that Clemson had. It will take some time to get in there for OU. I'm not saying OU hasn't had good DL under Venables but it was 1 per season where guys stood out...like McCoy. It seemed like for 3-4 years running, Clemson had 2-3 DL going in the 1st round of the NFL draft, and some of those guys could have gone in the late 1st round the year before and stayed in school.

I'm not an OU fan. Honestly, I usually root for them to lose every bloody game just so the Gooners will shut the hell up for once and eat some humble pie. But Venables seems like one of the genuinely good guys in the game who would run through a brick wall for his players if he thought it could help them be successful on or off the field. I hope OU gives him the chance for a couple of full recruiting cycles to get the ship straight.

It’s not the coach, it’s the program.

Serious changes need to be made in how it’s run for them to have a chance at the success they expect.

It’s not the coach, it’s the program.

Serious changes need to be made in how it’s run for them to have a chance at the success they expect.
Is Castiglione part of the problem? I mean there were years that players skated by in terms of assaults and sexual assaults, not dissimilar to Baylor, but they managed to keep things quieter or push it off until the player was done helping them win games. It seems like Castiglione had to know these issues existed in the program but he helped cover them up or keep them muted until the timing benefited OU. Had the video of Joe Mixon come out immediately after the incident, there is no way in hell he would have ever suited up and played another down for the Sooners without the public nationwide turning on them just like it turned on Ray Rice when the video of his incident came out. In both cases we knew 100% exactly what those videos were going to show because all of the facts in the incidents were made public...but somehow seeing them on video made them worse? Somehow Castiglione and OU were able to keep that video under wraps until after Mixon decided to turn pro and end his eligibility at OU.

Wonder how many sexual assaults have happened at OU that have been kept under wraps? Not dissimilar to what happened at Baylor minus at least 1 strong woman who decided to come public with her incident

It’s at a higher level. The regents, the faculty, the admin, the legislature, the AD, all want different things. The boosters are split. There’s a hangover still from the Stoops era at the football level. it’s too long and boring to explain here. Fan discontent is going to get worse. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if there’s a Blake style melt down with BV a scapegoat. Though maybe not as bad and as public as that era.

Discipline problems aren’t the issue. You can win plenty of games in Norman with kids shooting each other over bad haircuts. And the Schmitty will weed out all non hackers. Football or the players aren’t the problem. It’s the program. And no coach or even AD can fix it. Ask Auburn.

It’s at a higher level. The regents, the faculty, the admin, the legislature, the AD, all want different things. The boosters are split. There’s a hangover still from the Stoops era at the football level. it’s too long and boring to explain here. Fan discontent is going to get worse. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if there’s a Blake style melt down with BV a scapegoat. Though maybe not as bad and as public as that era.

Discipline problems aren’t the issue. You can win plenty of games in Norman with kids shooting each other over bad haircuts. And the Schmitty will weed out all non hackers. Football or the players aren’t the problem. It’s the program. And no coach or even AD can fix it. Ask Auburn.
This... ^^^^^.

The only thing that will force a change in Norman is a serious drop in revenue... the new SEC money will hide a lot of shortfalls for a while..

Reactions: HuffyCane
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT