ADVERTISEMENT

@ Ole Miss 9/24 3 pm

If there are any suggestions for TU fans to meet up and/or tailgate before the game, would love to hear them.

If there are any suggestions for TU fans to meet up and/or tailgate before the game, would love to hear them.
The University is sponsoring a free tailgate on The Grove hosted by the President. Hard work and always limited resources have gone into making the event a success. I hope you’ll choose to gather there, rather than elsewhere.

The University is sponsoring a free tailgate on The Grove hosted by the President. Hard work and always limited resources have gone into making the event a success. I hope you’ll choose to gather there, rather than elsewhere.
Everyone or just alumni?

This isn’t an official score prediction thread so I have nothing to offer.

But you’re welcome anyway.

I don't do score predictions when I care about the score. Period.

#gotu

Here's one: While wandering the Commons & Dobbs Ave., all the enhancements are very nice, but it just seemed to be much more of the same ol', same ol. I noticed some tents and groups which had a sign identifying their group. How much trouble would it be to plant a sign noting "Inside Tulsa Sports posters drinking here" or something similar. Then, a poster wanting to meet & interact with other ITS guys would know where to hang.

Reactions: drboobay
Hopefully they’ll let folks know about this if they are able to travel to the game.

How much trouble would it be to plant a sign noting "Inside Tulsa Sports posters drinking here" or something similar. Then, a poster wanting to meet & interact with other ITS guys would know where to hang.
We have two signs at our tg spot on the Commons that say "Join Our Tailgate Team", along with a QR code to our FB page. We are actively trying to get people to join our group. So if you are looking for a spot to land, come join us. Chapman Commons #6, on the NE side. Everyone is welcome! We would love to be the official drinking/ eating spot of ITS posters.

Tickets are cheap on StubHub for this game (or were last I looked).

After my experience with Olay Miss fans at the CWS though, i will sit this one out.

They were worse than OU/OSU and Arky fans... like they were all children of Grand Dragon Cooch.

• Haha
Reactions: TULSARISING
I was reading the game recap for the Ole Miss game. It says at the end

“Up Next: Ole Miss rounds out a weak non-conference slate by hosting Tulsa next Saturday”.

Even if we lose I want to pound on them hard. I want them to crap manhole covers. I want to hit them so hard their ancestor’s feel it. Then I want ESPN to take a long walk off a short pier.

“Up Next: Ole Miss rounds out a weak non-conference slate by hosting Tulsa next Saturday”.

Even if we lose I want to pound on them hard. I want them to crap manhole covers. I want to hit them so hard their ancestor’s feel it. Then I want ESPN to take a long walk off a short pier.
Yeah, I want them to feel the heat of a loss, even if they narrowly avoid one.

Reactions: loca2874

I still don’t understand how anybody can over look anybody nowadays. A lot of these “ upsets” really aren’t that big of upsets anymore, but hey, let the “ power 5 “ schools keep over looking and getting beat by G5s, I think it’s hilarious

Seems like a pretty reasonable position for every week of the season. Regarding ESPN, we can roll that thought over to basketball season as well. Also hoping there’s a group of hungry sharks in the water.

Reactions: loca2874
Not to mention all the rubbish about Vanderbilt beating a Northern Illinois team with a P5 quality size and an NFL style power run game and NFL concepts coached by former league coaches.

Yeah, didn’t hear that last week.

They can win on Saturday. The talent is there.

Reactions: OKTornadoes
Everyone or just alumni?

So did Santana in the 4th quarter. Hopefully it was just because of the blowout score.

It is open to all Tulsa fans, students, alumni, and even the curious observer. Registration is to make sure enough food and drinks are available for everyone.

Yes, it was just because of the score. Oddly enough, he wasn't as cautious with the linemen and defensive starters 🤔.

And FCS schools - SIU beat Northwestern this week.
Who beat Nebraska therefore, SIU > Nebraska. (BTW, Nebraska may be the new Kansas).

And on the hypocrisy of ESPN...they trash Ole Miss' weak non-con schedule but are hyping USC as a national title candidate. Has anyone looked at USC' schedule this year? They play exactly 1 ranked opponent...Utah, all season. And they gave up 28 pts to a Stanford team that has had trouble scoring points since Andrew Luck left 10 years ago. I can't wait for USC to lose to some bad PAC 12 team (and they're all bad...not sure there is a legit good team in that conference).

It is open to all Tulsa fans, students, alumni, and even the curious observer. Registration is to make sure enough food and drinks are available for everyone.

Yes, it was just because of the score. Oddly enough, he wasn't as cautious with the linemen and defensive starters 🤔.
I guess i missed it, but where can I find the link to register?

I guess i missed it, but where can I find the link to register?

I am led to believe (for now) you make contact with the Alumni Association, BUT that could be totally off, too. Apparently about 100 people have "registered".

The link to register is in the Carson tweet above. There was an email a few days ago as well as postings on various websites.
Huffy nailed it. Twitter and the email both contained info. There is also a map on Carson's Twitter for those unsure of location.

Reactions: TU 1978
This has been well promoted for those who follow Carson or receive alumni emails. The fact that 100+ have registered so far is promising as well. I hope I can actually attend a game in person next season. 🤞🏼

This has been well promoted for those who follow Carson or receive alumni emails. The fact that 100+ have registered so far is promising as well. I hope I can actually attend a game in person next season. 🤞🏼
Word around the cooler in the Case Center today is that they expect more than 200 at the tailgate now.

A bunch of frat boys bought up the $5 tickets and are heading down on Friday. I hope they can stay out of trouble.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT