ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio state game thread

Low key 235 yards rushing that’s for sure. Really underscores how important throwing the ball is.

Tackling ain’t what’s getting our 5-6 man box mauled in the run game. It’s limited the big plays for sure. But DL and LB can only do so much outnumbered

SoB...where does this crap come from? we play to the level of our competition. and then do just enough to keep it close and lose.

AmpleWarpedEastrussiancoursinghounds-max-1mb.gif

I can’t remember the last time our WR had the kind of space they’ve had today

I’m not asking this to underplay how well we are playing today, but how long ago has it been tOSU this overrated?

They have an enormous budget and one of the largest stadiums in college football. It’s incredible to me our tiny school is standing toe-to-toe with them.

I’m not asking this to underplay how well we are playing today, but how long ago has it been tOSU this overrated?

They have an enormous budget and one of the largest stadiums in college football. It’s incredible to me our tiny school is standing toe-to-toe with them.
Yeah. OSU ain't doin anything special this year for sure. green QB not a great defense. I hope michigan beats them.

honestly, with this game, i'm just glad to see Brin can actually throw a decent pass and WRs can actually catch them. defense played reasonably well considering they're playing against a few NFL Olineman and NFL caliber RBs. Arm tackles not withstanding, a solid effort when i was expecting us to get blown out of the building.

i still would really really like a new coach/offensive mind here though. I'd love gillespie to be HC, bring in his own DC, and hire a dynamic OC. I'm just done with monty but do give some props for the competitiveness today.

i will say though. i HATE this slow tempo. like you're losing coach. 10 seconds between plays. lets effing move it. show some effort to at least TRY to get down the field.

bad pick. but it was over anyway. good try today boys. solid effort.

With 3rd stringers playing on the OL and at LB in the second half, we must have a lot of injured players.

What is wrong with Cristian Williams BTW?

More worried about injuries than anything else.

This is a loss that doesn't feel like one. Brin was great today, the running game came around the second half, we had the OSU fans dead quiet midway in the 4th quarter driving to tie up the game. This might have been Monty's best play calling in several years and his son pulled in a great TD catch. A win would've been unimaginably huge for our school, but giving Ohio State a scare likely has some merit in spite of the loss. Only real weak spot was our defensive tackling and maybe that's not even a weakness going up against 2 running backs like Treyveon and Teague III.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT