ADVERTISEMENT

oh well

mcane

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2003
better game than I expected. But the Defense is still too vulnerable to long passes. This game may cost TU a bowl game. No way TU gets to 8 wins, still hoping for 6.

This was a should have won game. I thought TU got screwed on the pass interference call on the last drive. Toledo has a fine QB but a very undisciplined team that makes too many penalties.

Some questionable decisions by Montgomery. Still a good effort and a fun game.

This is an actual logical post unlike some of the nonsense being spouted right now. I'm really hoping we can find a way to get 6 wins together... our offense is fine. But even a great offense can't make up for a defense like we have. Something has to be done about that.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
I think the DBs didn't give a good effort. Or maybe they did and they're just bad. Probably just bad. Unfortunate.

At the end of the day losing to teams like Toledo and other doo doo bottom dwelling schools won't equate to a special year or even a decent year. It means that we'll have to bring our best offensive performance every week and hope that we can get lucky on d enough to win 5 more games.

We all knew this was going to be a rebuild based on what we lost, but I thought the rebuild would be on offense... not defense.

Reactions: TUGrad06
I am not angry. Toledo won at Nevada by 14 and is favored in its division of the MAC. I thought this game was equivalent to a road game against a mid-upper level AAC team. Our league is very top heavy - UCF and Memphis. That's it. Navy beat Tulane at home by 2 and Tulane lost 56-14 at OU tonight. SMU played well for a half and then lost 56-36 (not different than our OSU score).

So, my expectations for the season are not different than after the OSU game. Yes, this hurts but I never booked it as a W.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
and, barring a major turnaround, this will not be a 10 win season. As fun as last year was, I reflect that TU won 3 OT games (against not so great Fresno, SMU and Cinny teams) , needed two IT returns for touchdowns in the fourth quarter against Tulane, and played other close games. Yes, TU was close to 12-1 but also closer to 7-5. Trying to keep this all in perspective, because overall Monty has done a good job. And if you bet on TU (a 9-10 point dog) you won.

Wow Monty sounded very down the KRMG interview.

He should count his blessings - he's not the couch at dumpster fire Baylor.

mcane what did Monty say for those of us out of towners?

Although I agree with your general points about last year I do think the Tulane 2 4th quarter INT's were two years ago in NO.

Last edited:
I also want to point out that even though this game made me upset, I really like some of the young talent we have... brooks is going to be a beast (he's already running like a seasoned back). President is very athletic, if we can get him to improve his accuracy we'd be in business. A couple of the younger wr should develop nicely. So it's not all bad, but it's so hard to look past the problems on d.

I still support coach Montgomery 100% and we're lucky to have him. This year will just be one of growing pains, but we can still enjoy it for what it is. I'll still be at all the games cheering on our team and enjoying every moment.

Hopefully we can regroup, come home and find a way to beat New Mexico to get a little momentum going into conference play.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
This game was frustrating because we should have won but I doubt anyone had it in the win column to start the season. BTW, Nevada is awful this year.

I'm not surprised by the loss, but am surprised at just how bad the defense is. I knew it was bad but this is terrible.
And also, I know everyone complains about attendance, and this is one of the reasons why it's poor. We can do all the marketing andepartment pregame festivities before game, but we can't lose to teams in non p5 conferences.

Reactions: TU1NNJ
The sad thing is they had the game in hand early. 28 to 7. If Tulsa would've kept scoring and kept it an arms race, we woulda won easily. But the offensive got complacent until it became a tie game again and the defense packed it up and never returned. You knew it was over when we kicked it to them with 1.5 minutes left. Yeah, the PI call was pretty bogus, but Tulsa led by 3 touchdowns at one point. Can't blame the refs for blowing a lead like that.

I can't help about the shape I'm in
I can't sing, I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT