ADVERTISEMENT

Official Tulane Prediction Thread

Henry Kendall

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2003
The tailgate scene at the Commons last week was off the hook. Then we give up a td on the first play from scrimmage, and reality slapped us in the face.

This city is ready to back a winner. Rick, make it so.

Tul beer: 27
Tul Sazarac: 34

Reactions: Tulsafanzz
TUL - 45
TUL - 31
Tulsa has become an over generous host team!

New Orleans 45
NE Oklahoma 24
This is most likely. No miracle on 11th St part tres in this one. Tulane is legit this year. We're going to get hammered and the next to the last nail in Monty's coffin should be in place at the end of this one.

Reactions: TU 1978
This is most likely. No miracle on 11th St part tres in this one. Tulane is legit this year. We're going to get hammered and the next to the last nail in Monty's coffin should be in place at the end of this one.
The team has quit. We will have a few plays here and there, but it'll be a painful beatdown.

Reactions: Henry Kendall
Lots of good restaurants 42
At least we still have Coney Island 10

Tulane looks like a well coached football team that doesn't make many critical errors. They are ranked:
#32 Total defense (#19 passing defense, 46 rushing)
#60 total offense (55 passing offense, 61 rushing)
#26 turnover margin
#6 in blocked kicks
#11 punt returns (#14 punt return defense)
#5 fewest penalty yards
#12 scoring defense
#18 pass efficiency

Their schedule (Sagarin #91) is marginally easier than our own (#77), mostly due to two bad opponents early (and having already played USF), but I don't think that's the difference in records. They are ranked #120 for team sacks and #104 for tackles for loss, so if Brin is healthy he could get some time to shine as a pocket passer. Looking at the teams, I don't think they outmatch us personnel wise. But overall, they are a well rounded team and don't make many mistakes.

I think that's too much for the Tulsa team I have watched recently. I predict struggles to move the ball against a balanced Tulane defense, leading to frustration and errors. Our defense will make a show of it, but Tulane's offense just grinds and our defense, which won't get much of a break, eventually breaks. I also think Tulane will have the edge on special teams. I do think Tulsa can pull together and win, but I think it's more likely the wheels fall of the bus and it goes bad. I am embracing my lack of faith, it protects me from the disappointed I felt after the Wyoming loss.

If the wheels don't fall off:

T-U-LSA: 20
TUlane: 34

If the wheels do fall off, I predict lackluster melting because Tulsa fans have concluded football is a silly sport followed by silly people and nothing matters anyway.

Tulane looks like a well coached football team that doesn't make many critical errors. They are ranked:
#32 Total defense (#19 passing defense, 46 rushing)
#60 total offense (55 passing offense, 61 rushing)
#26 turnover margin
#6 in blocked kicks
#11 punt returns (#14 punt return defense)
#5 fewest penalty yards
#12 scoring defense
#18 pass efficiency

Their schedule (Sagarin #91) is marginally easier than our own (#77), mostly due to two bad opponents early (and having already played USF), but I don't think that's the difference in records. They are ranked #120 for team sacks and #104 for tackles for loss, so if Brin is healthy he could get some time to shine as a pocket passer. Looking at the teams, I don't think they outmatch us personnel wise. But overall, they are a well rounded team and don't make many mistakes.

I think that's too much for the Tulsa team I have watched recently. I predict struggles to move the ball against a balanced Tulane defense, leading to frustration and errors. Our defense will make a show of it, but Tulane's offense just grinds and our defense, which won't get much of a break, eventually breaks. I also think Tulane will have the edge on special teams. I do think Tulsa can pull together and win, but I think it's more likely the wheels fall of the bus and it goes bad. I am embracing my lack of faith, it protects me from the disappointed I felt after the Wyoming loss.

If the wheels don't fall off:

T-U-LSA: 20
TUlane: 34

If the wheels do fall off, I predict lackluster melting because Tulsa fans have concluded football is a silly sport followed by silly people and nothing matters anyway.
Several of their strengths are our weaknesses. Especially on special teams play. I dread the turnover margin. All of that doesn't bode well for starting strong. Don't expect a repeat of last years come from behind rally by Brin.

Last edited:
If they dont have that weird loss to southern miss they're pushing top 12 or so right now, we aren't going anywhere this year, and losing this game could do us more good in the long run then winning. As bad as that is to say. Plus I find it hard to hate Tulane, I'd be fine either way

Reactions: Weatherdemon
Yea, I'm at that apathetic point where losing may be better than winning. It was that way under Wojcik and then at the end of Haith too.
Yeah, every win prolongs the misery for us. It's not that I don't want the team to win and be successful, but more than anything I want it to be consistent and I want TU to be a contender vs a spoiler every year. There is no reason we cannot be annual contenders vs whatever it is we are right now. And it's not like this is an anomaly. 2020 was the anomaly (a better than avg season). We are just poised to be forever mediocre under Monty because of his philosophy and approach to coaching

I’ll never pull for my team to lose, but going to the games just isn’t much fun right now. It shouldn’t be that way.
It's a weird feeling. I never want my team to lose, but in the back of my mind I know we aren't going anywhere with this staff. I'm hopeful the administration won't base his firing off the end of this season anyway. It should already be decided. Brad Carson has to be furious right now after all the work he's done to improve tailgates and gameday experience.

Tulane wins going away imo.
Nightmare scenario- the team “ bounces back” and beats USF, Memphis , and Houston and limp into a bowl

I don’t believe this team has shown the potential to pull off that kind of scenario.
I hope not , I know I’ll catch some flack for “ cheering for us to lose” but if that’s what it takes for us to start becoming a good program again, I’m all for it

I’ll never pull for my team to lose, but going to the games just isn’t much fun right now. It shouldn’t be that way.
My section still has fun at games, the east side is salty. The questions, play call predictions, the "suggestions", and random exclamations of frustration have taken on a comedic vibe. There are a good number of laughs mixed in with the head shaking and exasperated shouts/whines/sobs. Also - lots of cheering and high fives when things do go well. I don't think anyone in my area is hoping for losses, but we've learned how to have some fun expecting a loss.

I guess that says something about the state of the program in and of itself. Whatever, I'll be there to cheer (or vent) just the same.

Does anyone think we will be allowed to win this game? It would take a conspiracy that Jim Garrison couldn’t dream up even over lunch at Antoine’s.

This one will be close enough to scare them and keep Tulane in the national conversation but we will never really be it.

Pratt is coming for his payback and some change.

Creole Townhouse 38
Art Deco 30

We have the ball late and a chance to tie against the run of play, but we waste time and turn it over on downs with less than a minute to play.

Tulane is better than everyone Tulsa has played so far. Yes, including Ole Miss and Cincinnati. We are going to get annihilated, it’ll feel closer than it is because their defense isn’t overly aggressive at rushing the QB (though they might against us because Brin can’t run and our OL can’t stop the wind this year).

Tulane - 41
Tulsa - 17

Bonus prediction - Basketball has more wins by the end of November than football does

new-orleans-nfl-aints.jpg

We ain’t good enough.

It seems like Tulane would be more than a 7 point favorite, but we have been good at losing close games to good teams under Montgomery. Considering Pratt’s bad memories from his last visit here ( Zaven’s game ending pick 6), he may be rattled if we start out well. However, Montgomery’s teams aren’t known for starting out well.

Tulane 34. Tulsa 20

• Haha
Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Does anyone think we will be allowed to win this game? It would take a conspiracy that Jim Garrison couldn’t dream up even over lunch at Antoine’s.

This one will be close enough to scare them and keep Tulane in the national conversation but we will never really be it.

Pratt is coming for his payback and some change.

Creole Townhouse 38
Art Deco 30

We have the ball late and a chance to tie against the run of play, but we waste time and turn it over on downs with less than a minute to play.
Sad thing is that I think Garrison just couldnt find the fire to go with his smoke...

Much like McVeigh, the right people didnt get the chance to soften Oswald up before interrogation...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT