ADVERTISEMENT

Official OSU Prediction Thread

I have no idea what will happen given the circumstances of this years camp. We have seen teams that are usually well prepared (Navy) get blown out, teams not as well conditioned as they should be, fundamentals not sharp (tackling live for the first time), etc... OSU should win and likely by a large number however stranger things have happened.
3 Big XII teams lose to Sun Belt teams, 1 of which I still thought was an FCS school until I saw the Sun Belt patch (the Chanticleers). I am also going to assume that OSU, being in Stillwater, is still getting caught up in this hoopla of the COVID parties and Stillwater HS postponing sports and the town wanting to lynch the school board and superintendent. Easy atmosphere to lose focus in. In know a lot of the same stuff is happening in Tulsa, but TU has always somewhat been insulated against a lot of the local crap that goes on (part of our attendance and support woes as well).

In the end TU fans will probably say they could have won the game if 1,2,3,4,5 had happened differently starting with the assignment of Big XII homer refs.

Yes, the Cowboys certainly should have more Bedlam football wins......but for most of history, OSU has been a more comparable program to TU than ou.
Do you guys think Gundy will stay much longer? Didn’t know if changes were coming due to Boone Pickens passing?

Got logged out of my account and couldn't break back in, but like Tulsa Football, and Gandalf...I return to you now.

I think (hope) Tulsa covers the spread. Maybe even make a game of it.

Tulsa - 31
OSU - 48

Do you guys think Gundy will stay much longer? Didn’t know if changes were coming due to Boone Pickens passing?

I'd guess another three or four years....perhaps until his son Gunnar graduates. I'm not aware of any changes he's contemplating associated with Pickens' death.

Tulsa 31
OSU 33

It's a game, OSU struggles to knock off rust and stay focused with so much. TU takes a lead into the fourth quarter even with Monty entering his usual shell. OSU scores two touchdowns early in the fourth, after Tulsa misses a field goal. With five minutes left on the OSU 45, Monty punts. Doesn't use our time outs till a minute left. Gets ball back with twelve seconds, makes a good pass play but we get a flag for holding, clock runs, we lose. People talk about what a good job Monty is doing and we shouldn't have been in the game to start with.

Arkansas St hands us our ass and this nightmare run with the nice guy hall monitor who really wants to be a successful OC ends.

Yes, the Cowboys certainly should have more Bedlam football wins......but for most of history, OSU has been a more comparable program to TU than ou.
We're now in a very different century. Between 1900 to 1999, Tulsa was the 45th winningest program in major college football, and Oklahoma State was 87th. Between 2000 to 2019, Oklahoma State is the 24th winningest program, and Tulsa is 76th.

If you count the last decade (2010 to 2019), OSU is 13th and TU is 77th.

19 of Tulsa's 27 wins occurred before 1953. Since 1953 the head-to-head record is OSU 30, Tulsa 8 and 1 tie. Tulsa's record is not even close to parity with the Cowboys during much of our lifetimes.

Reactions: Rapostman
There's a couple of several old fogie's on this board. I say that jovially and with the greatest reverence. I'm talking bout the 87-98 year old category.

One of them should give @SouthTulsaPoke a hard time about the 'in our lifetime.' comment.

Reactions: TULSARISING
We're now in a very different century. Between 1900 to 1999, Tulsa was the 45th winningest program in major college football, and Oklahoma State was 87th. Between 2000 to 2019, Oklahoma State is the 24th winningest program, and Tulsa is 76th.

If you count the last decade (2010 to 2019), OSU is 13th and TU is 77th.

19 of Tulsa's 27 wins occurred before 1953. Since 1953 the head-to-head record is OSU 30, Tulsa 8 and 1 tie. Tulsa's record is not even close to parity with the Cowboys during much of our lifetimes.

How'd it look from 2003-2013? Very selective time period for you to pull from. Considering the issues the program has had from the 1990s through now. When we get to 2100 let's compare the 1900-1999 record to this century.

Also love cherry picking for the dates of that 17 games. From 2000 to 2020 we played 5 times? Four in Stillwater?

Yup you sure are close to OU as a program. I'm delighted we'll be seeing you on even terms again. Let's see how those eight games go.

Tulsa - 21
OSU - 45

I just think our O-Line is not ready for this matchup. They're just a little too inexperienced and young to hold up OSU's pass rush. Since Smith has zero escapability and can't extend plays, it makes for too many 3-and -outs.
I am very anxious to see how our defense performs. In many ways, I think we have upgraded.

Hope I'm wrong about the score.

Reactions: Henry Kendall
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT