ADVERTISEMENT

Official OSU Prediction Thread

Henry Kendall

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2003
Even though everything has changed since last season, some things never change.

Pickens: 45
Kaiser: 16

Bonus Kendall prediction: Shamari has monster season, but with two less games is unable to break to top of all-time rushing charts.

Prediction: The offensive line holds together much more cohesively and Smith starts tearing people up as he has more time to throw and more experienced receivers to throw to.

The DL has a tougher time getting push and we give up some more plays through the air and on the ground as the LB's + DB's are forced to do more guess work on crashing down to help the run or sagging back to play coverage.

All depends on Montys play calling,
If we play safe, OSU 45 TU- 21
If we play to win , anywhere from OSU 38- 24 to TU winning 38- 31

Prediction: The offensive line holds together much more cohesively and Smith starts tearing people up as he has more time to throw and more experienced receivers to throw to.
Has there ever been a game where Smith tore people up? Honest question.

Has there ever been a game where Smith tore people up? Honest question.
ECU, SMU, Memphis. His numbers would likely be similar to or better than Shane Buechele at SMU but he was sacked more than twice as many times as Buechele was.

Looking at SMU's passing stats vs. TU's is basically a tale of two offensive lines.

Reactions: Henry Kendall
OSU returns ten starters on defense. OSU is the first program in NCAA history to return both a former Biletnikoff finalist and a Doak Walker finalist on the same team. Playing before about 14,000 fans will feel like a huge crowd to the Hurricane. The TU defense will fall back on what got them through the first half in 2019, which is to just commit a pass interference penalty everytime Sanders throws to Wallace. It won't make a difference. OSU's deep and experienced D-Line keeps Smith on his backside most of the game. OSU 52 TU 10.

The 10 points comes against the second and third team defenses.

Last edited:
OSU is loaded, they could be a top 4 team, really. OSU has all the skilled positions covered, QB, wide receivers, running back.

This is the best team Gundy has had at OSU.

I am not a homer, just the facts, all facts. I wish OSU well in 2020.

This is not the best team Gundy has had at OSU. And wont come close to a top 4 team.
Don't know if we are top 4, but this is the best team Gundy has had from top to bottom.........by far the best defense and the offense could also be the best depending on Sander's developement

Reactions: Rapostman
Respectfully disagree. I think they will win their fair share of games, dont get me wrong. But you have Wallace coming back after a torn ACL. You never know how much that affects someone. I've torn both of mine, amd it's hard not to think about it every time you make a cut. Sanders, 16 Tds to 11 ints. Not a great ratio, yeah, he was a freshman so he should be much improved, but I'm more the see it to believe it type. The highly touted defense was 7 in the big 12 in total defense and 61 in the nation. Just doesnt scream best team in Gundys era to me. But I could very well be wrong

Either way, they shouldn't have a problem next Saturday unfortunately. Just dont think Monty is going to change much offensively, which will result in predictable plays and easy defensive times for the other teams

Reactions: Henry Kendall
OSU is loaded, they could be a top 4 team, really. OSU has all the skilled positions covered, QB, wide receivers, running back.

This is the best team Gundy has had at OSU.

I am not a homer, just the facts, all facts. I wish OSU well in 2020.
OSU is not a top 5 team and the only time they ever have been was 2011, do I think they will beat TU pretty easily? More than likely yes, but it’s because our coach will not adapt on offense , not because OSU is great, OU will blitz them like they do every year, OSU has a good football program but it is not anywhere near in the league of Oklahoma, Ohio State, Clemson , LSU, Alabama etc .... I will say OSU better come ready to play though, Tulsa does have players that can make OSU look silly if they aren’t ready, just ask UCF.

Last edited:
Reactions: TU_BLA
Either way, they shouldn't have a problem next Saturday unfortunately. Just dont think Monty is going to change much offensively, which will result in predictable plays and easy defensive times for the other teams
But remember last year and the 1st game out....Monty finally went high tempo like we've expected for his entire tenure and put OSU on their heels and calling time outs because players were gassed in the 1st half. Unfortunately, we were unable to maintain it in the 2nd half because we were constantly behind the sticks on down and yardage on 2nd down.

My prediction: Hubbard doesn't go 75 yards for a TD on the 1st play from scrimmage. Wallace has an OK day which is fine, we need to not let the Dillon Stoner's of the world have career days against us. I think our OL does a good job...the game is close going into the 4th before our lack of conditioning starts to show.

Reactions: HuffyCane
We win on a CoVid forfeit.

That’s the only way we have a chance.

But remember last year and the 1st game out....Monty finally went high tempo like we've expected for his entire tenure and put OSU on their heels and calling time outs because players were gassed in the 1st half. Unfortunately, we were unable to maintain it in the 2nd half because we were constantly behind the sticks on down and yardage on 2nd down.

My prediction: Hubbard doesn't go 75 yards for a TD on the 1st play from scrimmage. Wallace has an OK day which is fine, we need to not let the Dillon Stoner's of the world have career days against us. I think our OL does a good job...the game is close going into the 4th before our lack of conditioning starts to show.
Same old Monty. One game a year he puts together an amazing half of competitive football and we are obviously well prepared. Then that goes to crap in the middle of the 3rd Qtr.

Mullet: 56, most in the second half
Lame Duck: 14, all in the fourth

Reactions: TU_BLA
Same old Monty. One game a year he puts together an amazing half of competitive football and we are obviously well prepared. Then that goes to crap in the middle of the 3rd Qtr.

Mullet: 56, most in the second half
Lame Duck: 14, all in the fourth
Huffy is a homer.

I honestly thought the game was last week and I just got on here to see the score so I don't support ESPN, CBS Sorts, Yahoo, and their BS woke crap in any way.

Anyway...

Tulsa - 7
OSUcks - 62 (most of that by half time)

Bonus prediction - Over/Under on TU missed field goals is 3

I honestly thought the game was last week and I just got on here to see the score so I don't support ESPN, CBS Sorts, Yahoo, and their BS woke crap in any way.

Anyway...

Tulsa - 7
OSUcks - 62 (most of that by half time)

Bonus prediction - Over/Under on TU missed field goals is 3

Then why are you posting on this board, it's yahoo. You are pretty much kissing sports goodbye.

Then why are you posting on this board, it's yahoo. You are pretty much kissing sports goodbye.
True, it is a Yahoo board and I forgot that... been on this board since the AZ days. I have learned that sports, which has been something in my life since I was 9, really wasn't that important.

True, it is a Yahoo board and I forgot that... been on this board since the AZ days. I have learned that sports, which has been something in my life since I was 9, really wasn't that important.
So you come on the yahoo site to get your aggravations out?

I’m hoping we, TU, scores 28-35 points so I can briefly think we have a good offense.

OSU wins by however many it takes before Gundy puts on the walkons

I have no idea what will happen given the circumstances of this years camp. We have seen teams that are usually well prepared (Navy) get blown out, teams not as well conditioned as they should be, fundamentals not sharp (tackling live for the first time), etc... OSU should win and likely by a large number however stranger things have happened.

I have no idea what will happen given the circumstances of this years camp. We have seen teams that are usually well prepared (Navy) get blown out, teams not as well conditioned as they should be, fundamentals not sharp (tackling live for the first time), etc... OSU should win and likely by a large number however stranger things have happened.
This. There’s really no way to know. NFL guys showing up to camp 20 lbs over weight is apparently not that unusual. A lot of those Big 12 teams simply weren’t physically ready and some were a little depleted too. Most of our guys look ready to go. So who knows? Montyball of trying to grind them down in the 3rd Quarter might work if OSU hasn’t done anything but eat grandma’s cooking since April figuring the season would never happen.

I will say this .... if Monty beats OSU on Saturday, I’ll never say anything negative about him again

People, this team is ready to rock-& yes, it's taken too damn long. No prediction, but if I knew a bookie, I'd be all over a 3 td dawg.

Reactions: TULSARISING
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT