ADVERTISEMENT

Official Oregon State Prediction Thread

Henry Kendall

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2003
First game of the Coach K era. The other Coach K has retired, so there shouldn’t be any confusion.

Hard to know what we will see. Let’s hope it’s the opposite of that crappy complicated defense we could never grasp.

In fairness to the previous staff, they didn’t leave the cupboard completely bare. It’s up to this staff to coach them up.

Beaver dams: 70
Corps of Engineers dams: 74

Bonus Kendall Prediction: Sam Griffin will be glad he stayed.

What an unpredictable game! We have a new coach and we haven’t even had a public exhibition game. Per preseason predictions, neither team is supposed to set the world on fire.

My first prediction is that we will play with more energy, effort and intensity than any TU season opener in the last 8 seasons.

My other prediction is we will be more prepared to play an opening game than any TU team in 8 seasons.

I don’t know if these things will be enough to beat a PAC 12 team on the road in our first game, but I will be happy if my 2 predictions are correct.

My prediction is that I am going to be too tired to understand what the heck is going on because of the lateness of the game. I will know a couple of the players and see many new faces.

mid i vase it off the OSU team from last year then I say we lose a close one 74-70.

if we have a whole new look then I have no idea. Lol

the only guarantee I have that day is my first GOI of the year will be out.

My prediction is that I am going to be too tired to understand what the heck is going on because of the lateness of the game. I will know a couple of the players and see many new faces.

mid i vase it off the OSU team from last year then I say we lose a close one 74-70.

if we have a whole new look then I have no idea. Lol

the only guarantee I have that day is my first GOI of the year will be out.
Oregon St lost a bunch of players to transfer last year, including their best couple of players. They have a brand new team, with several transfers. And their PG transfer that was going to be their starter was lost to injury playing a tour in italy w/ the team this summer. So a freshman Pg is starting for them. So it's probably going to be a worse team than last year, and that's saying something.

Oregon St lost a bunch of players to transfer last year, including their best couple of players. They have a brand new team, with several transfers. And their PG transfer that was going to be their starter was lost to injury playing a tour in italy w/ the team this summer. So a freshman Pg is starting for them. So it's probably going to be a worse team than last year, and that's saying something.
We also had a whole regime change, picked up several players and are implementing a new scheme. I do not expect us to be better right off the bat especially since they have only had a couple of scrimmages and neither were just playing the game but working on issues that they want to implement. So we have no idea how we will work in this new system. So to me both teams will be downgraded at the start. Apparently the Talking heads agree as we are picked to finish close to last in the conference.

We also had a whole regime change, picked up several players and are implementing a new scheme. I do not expect us to be better right off the bat especially since they have only had a couple of scrimmages and neither were just playing the game but working on issues that they want to implement. So we have no idea how we will work in this new system. So to me both teams will be downgraded at the start. Apparently the Talking heads agree as we are picked to finish close to last in the conference.
The main issue is their pg. That will be a big weakness in the first game. We picked up 5 players, they picked up 7 or 8. And something like 4 players they lost were starters. The one starter they kept was like the 4th guy in the stats. I don't know what's going to happen either, but when assessing teams starting out like the two of us, I feel slightly more confident in us. We kept two of our star starters, they lost their couple of star starters. If I were required to bet on this game solely, I would put a small bet on us not because of confidence in our play, but because of lack of confidence in their play.

Scratch that, they got 10 new guys! Went back and looked, to refresh my memory. That's twice what we added. Akanno, Andela, and Taylor Jr are the only returning players.

Scratch that, they got 10 new guys! Went back and looked, to refresh my memory. That's twice what we added. Akanno, Andela, and Taylor Jr are the only returning players.
Edited again(!):
And they were 6th,(Taylor) 8th,(Akanno) and 10th(Andela) in the stat line. So Taylor and Akanno really were the only players out of the 3 that did anything for them. Andela only played in 7 games. If anybody was more of a mess than us, it would be them. Now watch them beat us.

Andela and Akanno are upper classmen, so Taylor was the only frosh for them. He(Taylor) might end up being a good player for them in his sophomore year. And their 1st string transfer at PG is out, with freshman replacing him.

• Haha
Reactions: loca2874
Edited again(!):
And they were 6th,(Taylor) 8th,(Akanno) and 10th(Andela) in the stat line. So Taylor and Akanno really were the only players out of the 3 that did anything for them. Andela only played in 7 games. If anybody was more of a mess than us, it would be them. Now watch them beat us.

Andela and Akanno are upper classmen, so Taylor was the only frosh for them. He(Taylor) might end up being a good player for them in his sophomore year. And their 1st string transfer at PG is out, with freshman replacing him.
ITs just really hard with both teams in turmoil last year and this year to be able to make a prediction. Those guys were low on the stats but did they make a leap for this year? I will give OSU the win only because it is a home game for them. That is why I was so dismissive during my initial reply. So many unknowns. The only score prediction was based off of last year. All I know is I am ready to see what these guys can do.

ITs just really hard with both teams in turmoil last year and this year to be able to make a prediction. Those guys were low on the stats but did they make a leap for this year? I will give OSU the win only because it is a home game for them. That is why I was so dismissive during my initial reply. So many unknowns. The only score prediction was based off of last year. All I know is I am ready to see what these guys can do.
Andela is a Jr this year and he didn't hardly contribute on a 3-28 team, and only played in 7 games. With all those new faces, I think he'll get lost in the shuffle. Akanno is a senior and it's doubtful he will be much more than a role player this year. He played about 20min. Taylor is the only one who will probably contribute. I got the impression that other than Taylor, the rest of them decided to stay, not were asked to stay. The coach probably kept them because he didn't want to have to recruit 12 new players instead of 10.

Reactions: loca2874
I got the classes of Akanno(Jr) and Andela (Sr), backwards. So maybe Akanno will contribute a little more this year than a role player. Andela probably won't contribute at all.

I truly appreciate this discussion, I knew nothing about OSU before this.

However, it’s time to make predictions. For the whole world to see.

Beavers - 76
Hurricane - 67

I’m predicting a tough year for the ‘ol Golden Hurricane. The lack of perimeter shooting and undersized post will take its toll.

However, I think the team will play fast and aggressive with a great attitude.

I’m excited to watch the evolution of the Konkol era. This season may be rough…but I’m confident the future is bright.

Almost impossible for us to predict a score at this point (for both us and them). There has been so much change, I really have no idea what to expect.

What I’m looking for is up tempo play, good defensive intensity, improved rebounding, and solid FT shooting. None of those things require a ton of skill, instead they require good coaching and effort.

Where's your score for all the world to see. It didn't change from 74-70, after all this info? 😜 I'm with him, too hard to predict.
I was going originally with 74-71, but after all the new info I amended it.

I have no clue. I do think TU is better than this OSU. They are in worst shape than we were coming in and have almost completely freshman leadership.

I think we win decent but I also don't know if that will tell us much of how we will be. I think OSU might just be bad...really bad.

TU 77
OSU 63

Cane 78
Beav 65

Oregon State isn’t winning many games this season

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT