ADVERTISEMENT

Official Oregon State game thread

Looks like we're going to choke this one away.

Hence what I said about needing to see what the team can do when the shots aren't falling. I hope Konkol's teams end up being more of what we saw in the first half rather than the 2nd.

critical moment and it's Dalger that tries to get the shot. That should not happen.

A total collapse. I get it that the team was unreal hot in the first half, but there has been nothing in the second half.

I fear this will be a bad loss. And, guess what, the line was 3 for OSU in Vegas. Disappointed and too tired to listen to the post-game

Last edited:
A little jet lag and the late starting time caught up with TU in the 2nd half!

Absolutely hate losing after being up by 19 but I really liked what we saw in 1st half. Plenty to correct and learn from.

I agree with @I.I. we are one guard short. And will need Dalger to play to his ability.

Still, really like the style of play Konkol has the team running. I reverse-melted too much.

I’m also glad we didn’t give up 5-10 open corner 3s.

I am more disappointed today than I was last night. But we have the opportunity to start reeling off some wins. I like the energy of this team.
I look at that first game as a team not having a clue how to close a game, and a real hard learning experience. I full expect this team to improve each game.

I am more disappointed today than I was last night. But we have the opportunity to start reeling off some wins. I like the energy of this team.
I look at that first game as a team not having a clue how to close a game, and a real hard learning experience. I full expect this team to improve each game.

The energy was good especially in the first half. They are working a new system. Am I disappointed we blew a 19 point lead and lost the game barely? Yes I am. But what did I see from this team that I haven’t previously is they were crashing the boards. Usually we take a shot and start back peddling whether we make it or miss it. That made me excited. I didn’t expect a lot out of these guys. Now they have a game under their belt, the coaches have something to work with. Let’s see what adjustments are made. We play Jackson state Saturday at home. They lost to Abilene Christian 65-56 on the road. So hopefully we bury these guys in the first.

The energy was good especially in the first half. They are working a new system. Am I disappointed we blew a 19 point lead and lost the game barely? Yes I am. But what did I see from this team that I haven’t previously is they were crashing the boards. Usually we take a shot and start back peddling whether we make it or miss it. That made me excited. I didn’t expect a lot out of these guys. Now they have a game under their belt, the coaches have something to work with. Let’s see what adjustments are made. We play Jackson state Saturday at home. They lost to Abilene Christian 65-56 on the road. So hopefully we bury these guys in the first.
The entire style was different. Ball movement and man to man defense. THAT'S how we win at TU.

Reactions: TU 1978
Also Oregon state hosts the Florida A&M team Friday that Oregon plastered 80-45 before our game against OSU. Maybe OSU is a good team and they just got lucky against us? I’m not going to be disappointed with a team in a new system losing to a PAC-12 team on the road by 3

Also Oregon state hosts the Florida A&M team Friday that Oregon plastered 80-45 before our game against OSU. Maybe OSU is a good team and they just got lucky against us? I’m not going to be disappointed with a team in a new system losing to a PAC-12 team on the road by 3
I don't think Oregon State was great, but I also think they were a bit lucky to shoot 61% in the second half, AND catching us with the first game under a new coach. Also, don't get me started on the BS TECHs called to give them 4 straight free throws.

I don't think Oregon State was great, but I also think they were a bit lucky to shoot 61% in the second half, AND catching us with the first game under a new coach. Also, don't get me started on the BS TECHs called to give them 4 straight free throws.
Yeah, I don't buy into Oregon St being great until I see them play a few more games. When Akanno is a starter, and Andela gets the most minutes of any non starter from a 3 win team, with their stats from last season... It's not like they are underclassmen and necessarily expected to make any great leaps.

I loved seeing Selebangue get so many offensive rebounds. For me his overall rebounds was promising, but his offensive rebounds were even more promising.(Even though a few of those came all at once, early, when we didn't get anything out of it.) I really like how we played to get a huge turnover margin. We keep our turnovers low, force a few more out of the other team, and it will win some games for us. Loved how Selebangue led us in steals.

I'd say something about the individual players, but most of it has already been covered by others. I was a little disappointed that Pritchard has not come a little further than he has. Hopefully look forward to him finding improvement over the next several games. It would be nice if he fixed some of those things by conference time.(Especially coming too hard and far forward with nowhere to go.)

Yeah, I don't buy into Oregon St being great until I see them play a few more games. When Akanno is a starter, and Andela gets the most minutes of any non starter from a 3 win team, with their stats from last season... It's not like they are underclassmen and necessarily expected to make any great leaps.

I loved seeing Selebangue get so many offensive rebounds. For me his overall rebounds was promising, but his offensive rebounds were even more promising.(Even though a few of those came all at once, early, when we didn't get anything out of it.) I really like how we played to get a huge turnover margin. We keep our turnovers low, force a few more out of the other team, and it will win some games for us. Loved how Selebangue led us in steals.

I'd say something about the individual players, but most of it has already been covered by others. I was a little disappointed that Pritchard has not come a little further than he has. Hopefully look forward to him finding improvement over the next several games. It would be nice if he fixed some of those things by conference time.(Especially coming too hard and far forward with nowhere to go.)
Well fortunately I just asked if they might be a good team. Never said they were good and would never say they are great. I did enjoy seeing Selebangue working it. Overall, I was pleased with what I saw even though we lost. Plenty of games for Pritchard before we hit conference play.

Well fortunately I just asked if they might be a good team. Never said they were good and would never say they are great. I did enjoy seeing Selebangue working it. Overall, I was pleased with what I saw even though we lost. Plenty of games for Pritchard before we hit conference play.
Wasn't criticizing you, just saw that you and dougheffking were talking on the same subject. I'll start to assess when I see us and them play a few more games.

Reactions: loca2874
I went back and watched the Oregon St, last 5 min of the game again.

I just can't get over how good Selebangue looked in his first game for us. He is going to love playing with those three players we have coming in next year. When under pressure he was on top of it. Loved how smooth he was bouncing that ball off the player in the last few minutes, perfection. He is going to be a really great player for us.

If he was smooth, Dalger was just rough. That shot that he couldn't get out of his hands at 2:47m to go while going up to shoot, just not good. If he didn't feel it, he should have pulled it back out. I had that old Haith feeling, when I watched that play.

We'll figure out how to win those tight games. Maybe by elimination of players we let play in the last 5 min.

Can't wait to see these guys play live and in person.

Last edited:
Reactions: loca2874
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT