ADVERTISEMENT

Official Navy Prediction Thread

Henry Kendall

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2003
I went to the TU-UC fight, and a football game broke out! Take our head coach....please!

I'll be here all week. Tip your waitresses.

Offense will have to go back to the basics with Braxton this week. Good thing it's Navy.

Not sure why we struggle so much against the Midshipmen. Wouldn't recommend getting chippy with these guys, they have Tomahawk missiles and we don't.

Seals: 28
Landlubbers: 38

Bonus: Prince goes for 108 yards.

I think the score for us will be lower than those above. We likely only get 8-10 possessions.

Last edited:
I actually think Braxton might be better suited to play a full game in this one and there's a chance for him to be a difference maker. We need to move the pocket to help the OL out and our WRs are simply better than Navy's DBs and should be able to find space. If we try to run the ball, run straight ahead between the tackles and give the OL the chance to just be the bigger, stronger athletes they are. It is well known that Navy's interior OL and DL are usually smaller than most of the rest of FBS linemen simply because of some of the physical requirements of service in the Navy. Their OL is small and usually quick which is why you see the cut blocks on the edge. I'd love to see us run more of a 3-4 on D with 2 MLBs and 2 OLBs and force Navy into the middle. The WRs block really well and once they get outside they're dangerous. Force them into the middle to our strengths and bring an extra LB in the middle since we should be able to handle 1 v 1 coverage with their WRs. Their QB is a much better passer than the last 2-3 have been but they still use it as a surprise instead of to run a balanced attack. DBs need to maintain visual discipline and not get sucked in by the play action stuff. We've been pretty good about it the last couple years.

TU 27
Navy 21

BONUS PREDICTION: We leave points on the field not being able to knock the goal to go situations into the endzone

Reactions: loca2874
I actually think Braxton might be better suited to play a full game in this one and there's a chance for him to be a difference maker. We need to move the pocket to help the OL out and our WRs are simply better than Navy's DBs and should be able to find space. If we try to run the ball, run straight ahead between the tackles and give the OL the chance to just be the bigger, stronger athletes they are. It is well known that Navy's interior OL and DL are usually smaller than most of the rest of FBS linemen simply because of some of the physical requirements of service in the Navy. Their OL is small and usually quick which is why you see the cut blocks on the edge. I'd love to see us run more of a 3-4 on D with 2 MLBs and 2 OLBs and force Navy into the middle. The WRs block really well and once they get outside they're dangerous. Force them into the middle to our strengths and bring an extra LB in the middle since we should be able to handle 1 v 1 coverage with their WRs. Their QB is a much better passer than the last 2-3 have been but they still use it as a surprise instead of to run a balanced attack. DBs need to maintain visual discipline and not get sucked in by the play action stuff. We've been pretty good about it the last couple years.

TU 27
Navy 21

BONUS PREDICTION: We leave points on the field not being able to knock the goal to go situations into the endzone
Well damn....that's a pretty complete and well-reasoned analysis and prediction. Maybe I should rethink my jokes.

TU 27
Navy 21

Yeah, he's a threat to run, but a significantly better passer than the President types we have had here. And he has a better wide receiver corp than President had.

Us 20
Them 10

Reactions: loca2874
Well damn....that's a pretty complete and well-reasoned analysis and prediction. Maybe I should rethink my jokes.
Joke away...it makes the board more fun. I typically can run a few jokes out there about most of the schools we play...unfortunately Navy is not one. There's no jokes about their players being goons or bozos who attend community college, their coach isn't a riverboat gambler or whiny piss ass.

Yeah, he's a threat to run, but a significantly better passer than the President types we have had here. And he has a better wide receiver corp than President had.

Us 20
Them 10
Agreed. He's better suited right now because he's mobile and can extend plays where Brin doesn't, especially considering his injury, combined with the fact that our OL is struggling to hold up right now.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Tulsa 20
Navy 17

I'm worried about our edge D. We seem to have trouble with runs on the outside that could be exploited by the triple option.

Hope O is better this week. Thinking Navy's D is good but not Cincy good!!!

GO TU!!!!

Reactions: Henry Kendall
Braxton, Prince and company run wild.

Hurricane 33
Navals 10

I went to the TU-UC fight, and a football game broke out! Take our head coach....please!

I'll be here all week. Tip your waitresses.

Offense will have to go back to the basics with Braxton this week. Good thing it's Navy.

Not sure why we struggle so much against the Midshipmen. Wouldn't recommend getting chippy with these guys, they have Tomahawk missiles and we don't.

Seals: 28
Landlubbers: 38

Bonus: Prince goes for 108 yards.
Same but Prince goes for 109 yards instead

Tulsa 20
Navy 17

I'm worried about our edge D. We seem to have trouble with runs on the outside that could be exploited by the triple option.

Hope O is better this week. Thinking Navy's D is good but not Cincy good!!!

GO TU!!!!
This is correct. Our outside LBs over pursue and we are left vulnerable to the cut backs and we do not have the speed to compensate for that over pursuit any more. Sawyer and Powers just aren't the same caliber as we've had in those spots the last 3-4 years. And while they are good players, our edge DEs with the exception of Goodlow aren't commanding double or triple teams as in the past freeing up the 2nd level to make tackles. And our DBs have a nasty habit of not looking back to find the ball. IMO, that's poor technique. A couple of the catches Cincy made last week the DBs had good coverage and yet never looked to find the ball to make a play. This is why I mentioned we needed to switch out of the 3-3-5 this week to a standard 3-4 to get more tacklers closer to the LOS. That extra nickel DB in the 3-3-5 is sort of a waste against Navy.

I'm sad the Middies suck this season. I'm not sad they will even our w/l record at 3-3. Their blue & gold 17, our blue & gold 31.

I don't see Prince getting all the rust off in his second game back. I also don't see him as having dramatically better yardage than all our other running backs. Part of it is the blocking, and not related to Prince being stunningly a better running back than the rest of our stable, IMO. He's better, just not stunningly better.

Monty may follow suit and let him have most of the carries, but that will have to happen, and the odds are better than average that it will. I could see him pulling 80 or 90 yds in the Navy game. Everything would have to line up right for him,(# of carries/performance with an beat up OL) in order to go over 100 yds.

I expect Prince to get the bulk of carries. I see him breaking one or two long runs which gets him 50 or 60 yards.

My prediction is if Brin plays one down in this game I'm gonna go ballistic.

I will hunt Monty down.

So if you see Brin in for a down, don't tell me where Monty lives.

That keeps me out of jail.

Doug Wojcik’s Alma Mater 20
The school that proves he didn’t learn much 27

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT